Sri Lanka Telecom (SLT) ADSL packages 2011

General Discussions
Saman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Sri Lanka Telecom (SLT) ADSL packages 2011

Post by Saman » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:01 pm

Here are the new package details. http://www.slt.lk/data/forbusiness/115adsl.htm.

All packages except Home & Xcite now have a limit.

Home (512Kbps/ 128Kbps - Rs. 1,600) - Unlimited usage
Xcite (1Mbps/ 256Kbps - Rs. 2,900) - Unlimited usage

Entrée (1Mbps/ 128Kbps - Rs. 500) - Free usage 1.5 GB
Home Plus (1Mbps/ 128Kbps - Rs. 1,500) - Free usage 8 GB
Office Plus (2Mbps/256Kbps - Rs. 3,500) - Free usage 20 GB
Xcel Plus (4Mbps/ 512Kbps - Rs. 8,000) - Free usage 40 GB

New year present from SLT
happy_new_year1.jpg
happy_new_year1.jpg (101.61 KiB) Viewed 27192 times
Dimu
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Sri Lanka Telecom (SLT) ADSL packages 2011

Post by Dimu » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:38 pm

Dimu
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Dimu » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:47 pm

Saman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saman » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:19 am

Sounds interesting. Is this one of SLT products?
But equipment charge is very high. They should introduce a package so that users can pay the equipment cost in few months. Otherwise only few rich people will buy this.
Mysoogal
Captain
Captain

Post by Mysoogal » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:39 am

if you ask your governments for Broadband over power line (BPL) do you guys know about this. I've seen power socket plugs that allow users to share their broadband throughout the building :geek:

i really don't understand why broadband can not be integrated with shortwaves, they travel so long !
Saman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saman » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:59 am

Broadband over power line (BPL)
This is going to come very soon in Sri Lanka.
i really don't understand why broadband can not be integrated with shortwaves, they travel so long
Shortwave broadcasts often suffer from serious interference problems because of overcrowding on the wavebands, atmospheric disturbances and electrical interference problems (particularly in cities) from TV sets, computers, poorly designed domestic appliances, and substandard electrical installations.
alphaMM

Post by alphaMM » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:48 pm

Every year there is a New Year present from SLT to all its customers EXCEPT for its oldest and most loyal of the customers - those that use the original Home and Xcite packages. With great strides in the development of Broadband, they are still stuck with slow speeds insufficient to properly view a video.

Merely because the SLT management wishes to twist the arms of these customers in order to remove the "unlimited" from their packages, they are depriving them from all the developments over the last several years leaving their oldest customers disgruntled and angry.

Surely the SLT must find a more decent way to achieve their objectives than to stoop down to thuggery of this level.
Saman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saman » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:30 am

This is 3.5+ year old topic. However, what alphaMM said is correct. As a super alternative to SLT, haven't you tried Dialog 4G LTE?. For Rs. 1500, they give 25GB and that's super duper fast. As far as I know, in the areas that Dialog 4G LTE is available, SLT had almost been kicked off no matter what technology they promise to bring in future.

If someone needs to change SLT to compete with private giants such as Dialog, heads with government mentality who mostly think that the general public are fools must be fired and employ young pleasant people to deal with customers. In my opinion, SLT must be fully privatised. Otherwise can't stop it reaching a dead end soon.

In the other hand TRC supporting the IT development of the country by avoiding telecommunication companies to give better internet connections to public. They say they do that to regulate the service to maintain quality. But true story is they are looking for the tax portion they suck to the government. I don't know whether the TRC officials know this... but we paying the highest internet bill compared to developed world for low quality and low speed connections.

No matter what political party comes to power, unless these government servants are brain washed to work properly, no one can change this country. This is not possible, so I believe privatisation is the best answer for countries like ours.
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:57 pm

Here you see SLT Fiber Optic speed....
https://robot.lk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=5744

Return to “General Discussions”