Any idea what is this symbol ?

Other Topics related to Mechanical Engineering
SemiconductorCat
Major
Major

Any idea what is this symbol ?

Post by SemiconductorCat » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:08 pm

Hi all, I have to do some laser printer electronic circuit troubleshooting for my father.
I have downloaded it's service manual already and I already fixed a issue with it's fixer unit.
[It's completely a replacement of a OP amp chip].

Now the problem is somekind of mechanical problem had arise.Believe me this is the first time that I'm
reading a mechanical part of a service manual like this.

I have refereed to the mechanical symbols already but it mentioned it as 'RETURN'.But what the heck
is 'Return' ? [In here : http://enginemechanics.tpub.com/14105/i ... _202_1.jpg ]. And it's something
related to hydraulics or some kind according to them. But the printer that I describe does not contain any
hydraulic system at all.

What's the meaning of that dashed wide line there? Connecting motor,photodrum, fixing unit , etcetc.
Herath
Major
Major

Re: Any idea what is this symbol ?

Post by Herath » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:29 pm

That dashed white line seems to be the path that the paper travels.
No idea about the "return" thing. Might be indicating that the connected peripherals work together(synchronized).
SemiconductorCat
Major
Major

Re: Any idea what is this symbol ?

Post by SemiconductorCat » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:40 am

What I'm asking about this line,

It's not page traveling path at all. Paper traveling path have guided with gray arrows and gray line is
the paper traveling path.

I got another problem due to my inexperience with mechanical systems. Now I got spring that I could not
find where to replace it.I have no idea where it came from.

Magnito man sir, I need your expertise here man. Are you there magnito?
Is there is some method that I could find the replace position of that spring.I mean if I measure
with a caliper and decode it to standard and manual appendix would describe where it's place or
something like that?

Or manually with experience, how could I deal with that spring ? How to find it's mount point via
experience, Any tips and guides?

--Thanks In Advance--

Return to “Other”