Android OS tablet

Droid Devices & Apps
milangee

Android OS tablet

Post by milangee » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:13 pm

How can internet explorer browser 7 be installed on a Android OS tablet? I need the full version of this, cant afford windows surface tablet right now. This is what my companys website states on the bottom of the web page before you log in. Only my laptop can access this. No tablet or my droid DNA phone has been able to get this website to come up correctly.
SemiconductorCat
Major
Major

Re: Android OS tablet

Post by SemiconductorCat » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:28 pm

There is only one option for that.
Use an emulator. But your android OS tablet should be a powerful one otherwise it
won't suffice enough to run it.

Don't except Wine like thing to work on android.

I'm not saying you to run windows XP/7 using the emulator. But may be you could
run windows CE , so you could have a microsoft version of the browser in it.
Windows CE was built for x86 and ARM, but it requires configurations to make it
run on your tablet. Such a work is called 'porting'. 'Porting' is done by large opensource
and OEM companies.

So simply how about selling your Android tab and buy a tab with windows CE?
There are cheap windows CE tabs available. May be you could exchange for a windows
CE tab because there are lots of demand for Android Tabs.
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:38 pm

On Adroid, you probably have Chrome. If not you can easily install that. There is a nice Chrome extension called "IE Tab" that makes Chrome to work like Internet Explorer. The site will identify that you are browsing from Internet Explorer ;)

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... mmjbdenadd

You will need to select the mode as IE7, IE8 or IE9. As you said you need IE7 so it is by default set to that. I hope this will sort out your issue. Let us know how it goes.
SemiconductorCat
Major
Major

Post by SemiconductorCat » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:16 pm

Neo wrote:On Adroid, you probably have Chrome. If not you can easily install that. There is a nice Chrome extension called "IE Tab" that makes Chrome to work like Internet Explorer. The site will identify that you are browsing from Internet Explorer ;)

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... mmjbdenadd

You will need to select the mode as IE7, IE8 or IE9. As you said you need IE7 so it is by default set to that. I hope this will sort out your issue. Let us know how it goes.
First I've really impressed about that extension. But later I've searched what magic does it possible.
Unfortunately this won't work at all. I understand it does uses IE rendering engine to render HTML
so that way it would enable technologies like ActiveX , Silverlight, etc. But the problem is this only
works on a windows operating system.

It's so easy to change the MIME header files. But that does not address the issues at all. That does not
enable technologies like ActiveX.

I don't think an opensource alternative for ActiveX, because it's based on signatures signed by microsoft
root certificate authority.

If that is true then that means you could play activex on linux without any trouble at all.
But it's far reality from a dream.

Return to “Android”