Help me to find ferrite cores in Sri Lanka

Ask about shops here
CAT77
Sergeant
Sergeant

Help me to find ferrite cores in Sri Lanka

Post by CAT77 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:57 pm

Does anyone here know about a place where I can buy Amidon Ferrite cores in Sri Lanka? :( :( :shock:
If so please let me know. There are few amateur radio projects which require these Amidon Ferrite cores. Anyway if you know about a place which sells any type of ferrite core please let me know. Thanks in advance ;) :) :idea: :?:
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Help me to find ferrite cores in Sri Lanka

Post by Neo » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:25 pm

You might try at TRONIC.LK. They will import them for you if the quantities are good. If it is not possible with them, you will have to try Pettah or try import yourself online.
SemiconductorCat
Major
Major

Post by SemiconductorCat » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:34 pm

In pettah , I could suggest some places but could not gurantee they were there.

silvertrone
coil shop in the 1st crss stret.
Unitech
Micro

When you visiting there, make yourslf handy, you better have a image of that core in your mobil phone, I hate to tell this, but the truth is many of the slaes engineers there don't know the products they sold. They knew it visually. Unfortunately that would be your bad luck because they would definitely suggest that normal cores for you. But there are tousands of differences on them. And ferrite cores comes with different shapes.

EI core. transformer
CI core. : which is ued on those flybacks
Troid
Ferrite Rod : used in those MW coils.

They normally comes with a datasheet, but I don't think you could find it by it's code. Instead you better handy yourself with a vernir./ruler so you could measure it for mechanical data, if the core material is same the buy it.Don't buy it if the core material is not Amidon , amidon have different BH characteristics than normal cores. They were engineered diffently , BTW let me look at your application , may be I could suggest an alternative.

Sometimes using network synthesis techniques I could be able to come up with a cheap core/inductor according to it's application.
CAT77
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by CAT77 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:54 pm

Friends After a long long search, I had the imported from Byte-mark. Thanks a lot for your kind assistance 8-)

Return to “??????? ???? ??????? (Where to buy)”