DSP processors, 32 Bit...and ARM NXP1768

Ask about shops here
Yurihalo
Sergeant
Sergeant

DSP processors, 32 Bit...and ARM NXP1768

Post by Yurihalo » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:06 pm

I intend to create an audio synthesizer(there will be some calculations since this will be a physical modelling synthesizer) and seek some advice on buying the right component and where to buy especially dsp processors.

My questions are as follows: -

Is a DSP processor or a DSP controller(like a dsPIC) suitable for an audio synthesizer (calculation intensive)?

Where can i buy DSP processors or DSP controllers in Sri Lanka?(i would preferably like to buy a cheap evaluation board with minimal accessories)

I saw in some forums that some guys and robot.lk sells electronic components...In that case does anyone sell any dsPIC's(preferably DIP package...i m still in prototyping stage)?(i m not sure whether this question should be posted here but since this is a guide on buying i did so)..

I checked some of the dsp processor manufacturers...Analog Devices, Freescale, Texas instruments....if so which manufacturer would make the cheapest components?

Finally ...if it is hard to implement this on a dsp controller or a dsp due too cost and learning curve..... would the ARM NXP 1768 processor be enough...?
TRONICLK
Captain
Captain

Re: DSP processors, 32 Bit...and ARM NXP1768

Post by TRONICLK » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:39 pm

Hi,

TRONIC.LK can supply the components you need. Please send your BOM directly to [email protected] (Mention you are from ROBOT.LK) we will send them to you through post. We have a stock of dsPIC30F4011 which is suitable for your application. It has a FPU which is very good for floating point calculations. Has 48K flash which can fit a medium scale project code in it.

We can provide you an evaluation module as well as PICKIT3 original programmer as well. However we don't keep stocks since features are constantly changing.

Other DSP processors such as Ti, AD, etc... aren't much suitable for us yet. The reason is those are very expensive and the packages are mostly BGA. Even the compilers and IDEs are extremely expensive. Not only that, those require very expensive JTAGs as well. For example, to start development on a small Ti DSP needs an investment of about $3000 or may be more. There are some close stuff from China but we can't recommended them. So the only best solutions are Microchip and Atmel microcontrollers. It is not that we maintain a stock of both, it is that those are feasible in local environment.

Write to us over ROBOT.LK or directly to TRONIC.LK.
Yurihalo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: DSP processors, 32 Bit...and ARM NXP1768

Post by Yurihalo » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:00 pm

Thank You for the reply..... i am still in the planning process of this project so i would like to come over and buy the parts myself since i too am in colombo, so i really don't have any well planned BOM...Thanks Again...!!!

Return to “??????? ???? ??????? (Where to buy)”