Buying an ARM architecture processor like LPC1768

Ask about shops here
Yurihalo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Buying an ARM architecture processor like LPC1768

Post by Yurihalo » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:22 pm

HI , I really have no idea where to find the LPC 1768 processor within Sri Lanka. I want it for a project.

It is made By philips nxp products and processors with ARM architecture are used for universities. At present i am working with this processor in an LPC 1768 demo board but i would really like to work with it to get more understanding... the board has a high cost and needs to be fixed to a usb for evaluation purposes. Instead i would like to employ it seperately for my third year project... now i am in the second year and would like to get more knowledge on this...that's why i am posting this... sorry if the question is wrong ....just registered today!!!
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Buying an ARM architecture processor like LPC1768

Post by Neo » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:07 pm

Hi, Welcome to ROBOT.LK!

Really good to see you here. Please add an introduction about you under Members Only -> Introductions so we can get to know you better.

You were asking for NXP LPC1768 ARM Cortex-M3 microcontroller with 512KB flash, 64KB SRAM, 10/100 ethernet, USB 2.0 Host/Device/OTG, 2 CAN, I2S, 12-bit ADC, 10-bit DAC. I'm quite sure you can't buy this directly from a local shop. However you can order this development board from eBay.

See following links.
NXP ARM Cortex-M3 LPC1768 Development Board + 3.2" LCD
MCU BOARD - NXP ARM Cortex M3 Development KIT LPC1768
ARM NXP LPC1768 Development Board J-link Jlink On-board

ARM Cortex M3 based processor from ST (STM32F103)
MCU BOARD - STM32F103 ARM Cortex M3 Development Board

If you don't have a credit card, you can get a debit card called Web Card from Sampath Bank and register a PayPal account with that.
Yurihalo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Yurihalo » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:15 pm

Thank You very much for the answer. And also thank you for the links.! :yahoo: :-)
SemiconductorCat
Major
Major

Post by SemiconductorCat » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:06 pm

If you don't have a credit card, you can get a debit card called Web Card from Sampath Bank and register a PayPal account with that.
I have went there and chat with those farnell guys, and they told me they are ordering goods from ebay
like sites too,where you even don't need a sampath web card. Just feel free to go and contract them ,
they are doing a business there.
Yurihalo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Yurihalo » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:55 pm

Hey !!! Thanks on the above^ comment here!!!!.. :yahoo:

The reason why i am trying to buy the component seperately is cos the Keil Devlpment board comes at X>Rs 10,000... trying to find an easier way to get around the expenses problem...... Thank You again !!!
SevenZero
Major
Major

Post by SevenZero » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:17 pm

Farnell is not a good option (Orange guys in Sri Lanka) for someone who is looking to buy things cheap. We rarely place orders through them when we need to buy things urgently (where time matters over money). Prices are double the normal or even higher than that (That's normal with farnell as well). You will feel this reality when you step in their premises (I know them for a long time) :lol:

Here are the contact details:

Code: Select all

Orel Solutions (PVT) Ltd

No 49, Sri Jinarathana Road,
Colombo 2.
Sri Lanka
Tel: +114 792103 / 105
Fax: +115 376678
Email: [email protected]
Web: www.orelpower.com
farnell guys, and they told me they are ordering goods from ebay
This is clearly not a good idea Sandun. You know there is something called reputation power for each member in eBay? When you buy things that goes up? Okay so why do we make that up of Orel. I highly encourage people to open a eBay account, get a Credit Card (if you are not eligible such as a student, web card is something anyone can get) to register an PayPal account and start bidding/ordering directly. Anybody who is willing to join the technology world should be familiar with direct online shopping.

Nipuna is a young fellow (But a senior member here). I think he is around 19 or 20. According to his posts, he seems a master of eBay. He used to order almost everything from eBay ;) . So it is not a hard job or something belongs only to a set of people as well. Just give a start.

Return to “??????? ???? ??????? (Where to buy)”