Help Me To Buy a HD Monitor and a 2.1 Sub Woofer

Ask about shops here
Nipuna

Re: Help Me To Buy a HD Monitor and a 2.1 Sub Woofer

Post by Nipuna » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:30 am

If you Find Please Add Here.

I am hoping to go to Barklays in Near Day and Find about those 2 Monitors and Buy the Best One. Most probably it would be Bx2231. Samsung Site has more info about Bx2231 and only few about S22A350h.

After I buy one I will post them Here :) Meanwhile I will add more Questions when I get them. :)
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:57 pm

Today Morning I went to the House of Our New Member DiniWimalarathna . To check find out about his Subwoofer to find out How good it is. :)

It is a Creative SBS A300 one. It's a 2.1 Subwoofer.

It is Good But I am not very happy about it's bass. When We Increased Bass. Sound got vibrated. That's is the Problem.

He has bought it from Unity Plaza in December of Last year. That Problem could be because it's old or His Table has so many things on it it could Course too :)

Then I decided, When Buying I will look a Demonstration of Few Subwofers and Then buy a Good one.

First of all, I will buy LCD Monitor then If I have Money Then Buy a Subwoofer. :)
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:54 pm

I called Unity plaza today and taken the models/prices as of today.

PC House (Unity Plaza)
Model F20A300B, LED 20", Inputs [DVI, VGA] LKR 14,500/=
Model S23A300B, LED 23", Inputs [DVI, VGA] LKR 23,000/=
Model T23A350, LED 23", Inputs [HDMI, DVI, VGA], TV, Speakers LKR 32,000/=

Tech Info (Unity Plaza)
Model S22A300B, LED 22", Inputs [DVI, VGA] LKR 20,000/=

Barclays (Unity Plaza)
Model ----, LED 18.5", Inputs [DVI, VGA] LKR 13,200/=
Model BX2031, LED 20", Inputs [DVI, VGA] LKR 16,500/=
Model S22A350H, LED 22" (I guess this is actually 21.5"), Inputs [Full HD, HDMI, DVI, VGA] LKR 21,850/=

BX22XXX isn't available in any of the shops. So it is completely out. We can avoid S22A300B since it doesn't support HDMI.

Since Herath also recommended Barclays, I think S22A350H (2ms Response time, HDMI) is the one which suit you the most. Let's wait for Herath's idea as well and decide on this.
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:02 pm

Thanks a Lot Friend. I don't have Words to Thank you.

You called those Shops Behalf of me by Spending your Valuable Time. I feel very Happy because you always with me to Help for almost my all the Problems.

Thanks Again. :)
Herath
Major
Major

Post by Herath » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:29 pm

Today I bought a monitor. Now I have lot of space saved on the desk. That saved space is huge :shock: . And low power consumption. :P

This is S22A350H, a 21.5 inch monitor. With HDMI and VGA input (It does not have DVI input). Bought it from Barclays for 21850. The VGA cable coming with the monitor seems to be low quality(It is very thin, there is no sign of shielding). It had signs of interferences. So I used a cable from my old monitor which seems to be shielded better. Now those ripples(visible only in few cases) on the screens are gone. However I will be switching to HDMI in few months. :)

Monitor is good. Had to do some calibrations to personalize it to my taste. The contrast seems to be too high. That is not a problem for day to day tasks other than photo editing for sending to print.
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:57 pm

Great. Now I can buy Easily with your Helps and Experiences.

And no DVI input won't be a problem since it has new HDML Port. :)

Setting up monitor's Contrast and the other stuff isn't a problem. By The Way Even now I use my Samsung CRT monitor with low brightness to save my Eyes. It's Bit dark but it's OK with Me. :)

Does it work as same as your Past CRT Monitor? I am asking Performance :) i know Power consumption and the other stuff can't assign :)

And Are there More Monitors left me to buy ? Just Kidding :)

Thanks Friend
Herath
Major
Major

Post by Herath » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:49 am

There is no noticeable effect on the performance. There might be some due to higher resolution. But the onboard graphic can handle 1.6GPixel/s . So 1080 resolution is not a problem. :)
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:17 am

Great :)

My Monitors Cable can't Unplug so I have to buy one. :? How much would be a Good one? I searched on eBay they are thin cables not fat as my current cable.
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:44 am

I don't think it is necessary to worry too much on this for now. After you buy the unit, you can see how it goes. The cable that comes with the monitor is not that bad I guess. However in rare situations, when the cables are not shielded, electrical interferences can cause little noises as Herath said. But this could also be a minor hardware issue on the monitor/VGA card.

So after you buy it, you can check it and if it having noises as Herath says, then you can buy a cable.
Herath
Major
Major

Post by Herath » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:53 am

The cable is not very bad. It will be good as long as you keep it away from the other cables like power cable. But I have tied the cables together to manage the mess of cables. That's why I am seeing interferences, I guess.

You can check the monitor by taking it to technical department of the Barclays when you purchase it. I did not go to any other shop. But you might want to go and see.

Return to “??????? ???? ??????? (Where to buy)”