Help Me To Buy a HD Monitor and a 2.1 Sub Woofer

Ask about shops here
Herath
Major
Major

Re: Help Me To Buy a HD Monitor and a 2.1 Sub Woofer

Post by Herath » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:41 pm

I think DVI or HDMI is a personal preference :). I like HDMI and DisplayPort because there are no screws :D . Just plug in. And HDMI and DisplayPort looks cool. :D

DVI and VGA ports will become extinct after 2015 as for manufacturers. But that's 4 years ahead. Still you can use an adapter.I do not think that 5ms response time will be a huge problem. But can't be sure. You should check it at the store before buying. :)

Sometimes going for an old,high end one is better in some scenarios than buying a new mid range or lower end model. And the choice is yours. :) . I do not think that monitors are going to need lots of product support from the manufacturer. They just work.

Wait for Neo too ;)
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:08 pm

Herath wrote:I think DVI or HDMI is a personal preference :). I like HDMI and DisplayPort because there are no screws :D . Just plug in. And HDMI and DisplayPort looks cool. :D
Yes I like that Too. That's a Cool Port. :D

Let's Wait Neo's Answers for this and my last one :)
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:36 pm

As Herath clearly stated, most people prefer HDMI these days.

One thing for the discussion with Herath. DVI-D/HDCP and HDMI/HDCP seems have no significant difference in terms of electrical specification. This made them inter-portable. You could see my previous description on wiki site and this one. This link says "Hence the DVI/HDCP and HDMI/HDCP acronyms". However DVI and HDMI is not the same as that. Thought HDMI is backward compatible with DVI, DVI can be incompatible with an HDMI interface. But it seems DVI-D/HDCP combination seems to make that cleared, isn't it?

From the discussion we came to conclusions.
  1. Singer is a very good company in terms of after sales services. I'm personally experiencing a fantastic service from them so far. Their service team is very quick, friendly and their rates (if there are part replacements) are also reasonable.
  2. Nipuna has a Singer Mega branch in his town. Also there is a sales guy (or a manager) who's close to his home.
  3. When I check some other products (some time back), their prices were having almost no difference to others.
  4. It would be better if you could buy a 2ms, HDMI/HDCP LED monitor such as the one I mentioned before. You need to check whether that is available and whether there are more latest models available. By comparing prices, you could see what you can buy.
  5. Buying it from Unity Plaza is a risk. We all know that. We can only depend on the guarantee given by the agent such as SoftLogic or Sinhagiri. I have no faith on unity plaza pavement level business now. They burned so much of my money. However their prices are cheap. Mostly the product quality is cheap as well. However if can buy a good brand with agent's warranty such as Samsung, it'll be fine.
In my personal experience, we use a computer item for a maximum of 5 years. Not more than that. After 5 years, the world is completely a different place. In 2000, it was the world of Pentium III (And I guess Nipuna is about 10 years at that time). In 2005, It was P4 and Dual Core. In 2010/11, It's the world of Core i5/i7. In 2000, it was CRTs we have used. In 2005, we started to use LCDs (though it was expensive at that time). In 2010/11, we talk about LED TVs. I guess in 2015, we will have an OLED solution. So there is no point in planing so much. Just see what is your requirement now. Guess what it would be in next two years. Check the current standards and availability. That's all we can do.

Herath, how do you think about buying from Singer Mega for Nipuna?
Herath
Major
Major

Post by Herath » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:51 pm

Yes I am clear on that. Most of the times, there is no need for coversion from DVI-D to HDMI. :) . My old graphics card had DVI-A too in it. Most DVI ports have Analog and Digital as I have seen. Why should we have HDCP support?. We are not playing any genuine Blue-Ray disks. :). I hope that I got it correct.

I think Singer Mega is great. I am also not happy for having to buy stuff from Unity Plaza or argue with those rude sales personnel. There also no much worries with using electronic payment methods. They are trust worthy. I have bought few stuff (Last one was a pressure cooker for mom :D ).

Since Nipuna knows the branch manager, it will also be very very easy if you ever need to claim for warranty.
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:07 pm

Thanks Guys.

but We Don't have a Singher Mega in our Town, Its a Singher Plus Showroom.

Anyway I will ask about 350 tomorrow and Make a Decision. I mostly do Day today tasks and Watching online TV and Watching Movies So I feel 5ms won't be a Problem But I need an Explanation on that since I don't have Experiences about it.

And our Singher Showroom doesn't have them they Order from their Warehouse after we placed the order so there is no way to Find out about the Product before buying without asking from Experienced persons like you. They have TVs and the other stuffs. But No Monitors I think in our Area there are almost no Orders for Monitors that's the reason why they don't have Monitors in the Showroom.

Since S22A300 supports 1920X1080p So It supports True HD Right ?
Herath
Major
Major

Post by Herath » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:17 pm

Nipuna wrote:Since S22A300 supports 1920X1080p So It supports True HD Right ?
I am not sure what you meant by true to HD, but that resolution is best known as FullHD[1080p]
The FullHD logo is usually like the below one. There could be variations. I do not know if there is a standard for the logo. (There should be I guess )
Image from http://vectorlogo.blogspot.com

So S22A300 supports fullHD :)
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:23 pm

Cool

Sorry My Bad Full HD is the Word :)
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:54 am

but We Don't have a Singher Mega in our Town, Its a Singher Plus Showroom.
That's okay. It's all the same.
Anyway I will ask about 350 tomorrow and Make a Decision.
That's good
I mostly do Day today tasks and Watching online TV and Watching Movies So I feel 5ms won't be a Problem But I need an Explanation on that since I don't have Experiences about it.
I think 5ms is considered as the standard for a good LCD monitor. Lower the better.
And our Singher Showroom doesn't have them they Order from their Warehouse after we placed the order so there is no way to Find out about the Product before buying without asking from Experienced persons like you.
This is not right. They should take the product to their showroom. How could you buy a product without seeing it. Can you call them tomorrow and ask them to take one since you need to see before you buy? If they say no, take the head office number and ask them. Let them know that you can't buy a product without seeing and there is no way for you to travel to another shop to see it.
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:21 am

This is not right. They should take the product to their showroom. How could you buy a product without seeing it. Can you call them tomorrow and ask them to take one since you need to see before you buy? If they say no, take the head office number and ask them. Let them know that you can't buy a product without seeing and there is no way for you to travel to another shop to see it.
He didn't say to place order. He said me to tell them they will Bring one. I forgot to tell that :)

After They bring it, I will Check it and if it's Good Then I'll buy If not I'll say to return it and bring another.

Main problem is I don't have a way to Watch a Demonstration of Few monitors and Pic one since they don't have them in Here.
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:30 pm

I made a Decision that is I will buy that S22A300 one Because,

I asked from Our Neighbor He Told me They don't Import 350 to SL and What we can see on the Web site they only Import some of them. If they import thee other ones, Those don't get a warranty. So They only Import few.

So I have to buy S22A300 one.

But the only problems I have with it is, It has 5ms Response time and No HDMI port.

According to you Guys. I think they won't be a Problem since i can Use an Adapter for HDMI port and 5ms is the Standard Response time, So They won't be a Problem to do the Tasks I said Above and Even to watch HD.

Am I Right?

And Will I Feel A Deference between 5ms and 2ms when I am using 5ms Monitor ?

Return to “??????? ???? ??????? (Where to buy)”