Help Me To Buy a HD Monitor and a 2.1 Sub Woofer

Ask about shops here
Nipuna

Re: Help Me To Buy a HD Monitor and a 2.1 Sub Woofer

Post by Nipuna » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:30 pm

No. What is Door to Door Anyway? I looked in Wikipedia it says another thing.

And Since it's in our Town, I can always go there So It would be easy for me to going than Colombo. :)

But to buy a Sub woofer I have to Colombo.
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:40 pm

What is Door to Door Anyway?
That means they provide delivery and if the product is damaged within the warranty period (or not) they come to your home, pick it up, get it repairs for a nominal fee (with your approval) and deliver the repaired/replaced it back to your home.
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:48 pm

Ahh. I will tell my Father to ask that. By The Way the Main Officer of the Showroom is a Neighbor of ours :) But 500M away :D
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:29 pm

I asked about the Monitor Today.

They told me They only have S22A300B And BX2231 is an old one and they are not selling it Now.

Is it True? Because we can't trust salesmen Because They tell anything to sell :?

Here is the Features of S22A300B

And here is the Features of BX2231

According to that.

S22A300B has 5ms Response time and BX2231 has 2ms. :?

And S22A300B has only VGA and DVI connectors and BX2231 has DVI/HDMI/Composite and PC (D-sub 15 Pin)

I searched about DVI and HDMI according to those those 2 are same. With HDMI to DVI cable HD videos can be watched.

I need your Help Here.

What can I do?

Since Singer has only S22A300B and S22A300B has less features. But If I buy from Unity Plaza, There would be troubles to get warranty and by the way I have to go there too.

And will 5ms response time be a problem to me?

And By The Way: S22A300B is Rs24800

I am confused :?

Waiting for your Fast Replies
Last edited by Nipuna on Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Herath
Major
Major

Post by Herath » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:57 pm

Just buy from Unity Plaza. Most of those well known shops appear to sell old tech at high prices. If I mention specifically, Barclays has not been a problem to me. One of my friends had to send his 23inch samsung a for a problem on the button boad( :D) and he got it replaced within a month (He did not check with them until they called him).

They accept broken stuff at RMA if there is no any physical damage. Once I was at their RMA, believe me, one guy brought 2 foxconn motherboards inside his backpack without any anti-static cover. But the technician checked the boards, one board had a broken tab on a RAM slot, so it should be rejected and was rejected :D . I can't remember what happened to the other. And I should say that If I was that technician I might refuse accepting them for RMA because they were not packed well for shipping.

In the few times I took my motherboards, I placed them well packed in the original packaging with the CPU socket cover on etc. Only thing they did was peeking at the LGA slot to check for bent pins. That's all, no excuses for refusing or what so ever and accepted it for RMA.

I can recommend barclays if you like to buy. I might also buy one from them since the power bill is high due to the CRT. And lots of space wasted on the desk. And driving a HD panel via onboard graphics will be worthless. It will work. But do not complain if you see poor results. :) . Also it is better to use HDMI for 1080p/i resolution. I am even having horrible looks with this onboard graphics at 1280x1024@85Hz. Colours are not so rich as my old GeForce 7600GS. Hoping to buy a new card soon. A low end graphics card will be enough for the display.
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:06 pm

Thanks Friend.

I am not expecting to watch HD via HDMI for now. I will do those in the Future so It's Good to have a HD supported Monitor. From Now I need a Monitor just for day today works. So thinking of future I am going to buy a HD one.

And Do you know where Barklays getting Samsung Monitors?

Thanks for the Reply friend. I will make a Decision after the others Ideas.
Herath
Major
Major

Post by Herath » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:34 pm

Apparently they are getting stuff from the authorized dealers. Because they offered me debug warranty card for my D-Link router, not their own in-house warranty. They might be getting them from sinhagiri, but I am not sure. Anyway, try to buy from the authorized dealer. It is the easiest way if something goes wrong. But personally, I do not have any problem buying from barclays. All my computer parts are from barclays except the dead graphics card. (died after 3 years, probably due to overclocking)
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:51 pm

Thanks Friend I am considering buying from Barklays.

But I am still waiting for the others Ideas. :|
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:34 pm

As correctly said by Singer guys, S22A300B is a newer version (BX one is under archived list in Samsung site). It is marketed with the LED logo of Samsung. It has few new features such as Mega Dynamic Contrast Ratio and Magic Angle. I doubt these are available on the other version. It looks slimmer than the other ones as well. See the Samsung link for this display here.

Following two product pages say the S22A300B is a bit expensive than the other.
S22A300B
BX2231

On Samsung site, I have noticed two things. When you go to Find similar products you can check these things.
1. S22A300B are listed under LED Monitor series and BX ones are listed under Business Monitor or LCD Monitor series. All S series ones come under LED Monitor series.
2. The BX2231 is listed under Archive (That means removed from current product list -> Means old). So the Singer salesman is right according to this.

Here is a link to a comparison.
S22A300B Vs. BX2231

As you clearly noticed, S22A300B has DVI-D/HDCP interface and BX2231 has HDMI. According to what I have understood, these interfaces are inter-portable and more importantly with no loss of video quality you can port one to the other. Read wiki here.

So for me, both monitors are almost same but the S22 one is newer than the other. There is a newer model S22A350H which looks latest on the LED Monitor series and the price is not that high. It has almost everything the BX has including 2 ms response time and HDMI. Just about LKR 1000+ according to the Samsung link. So check whether you can get it too.
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:26 pm

Great.

I saw that 350 one before too.

I will ask from Singer that Do they have the 350 one and If not I will buy 300 one.

But will the 5ms response time be a Problem. Since Herath said Don't buy 8ms ones and this one only 3ms lesser than That :?

Please Tell me about those.

And As I said and You said before I can get Signals from DVI as same as HDMI. So it won't be a Problem, But Will Companies Produce those 2 ports in the future without stopping DVI ? I am asking according to modern Trend(Because I know You are Not a Future Teller :D )

And Since S22A300 supports 1920X1080p So It supports True HD Right ?

And as I've seen if there is DVI there is no HDMI, If there is HDMI there is no DVI. Is this because those 2 are Same?

Not having More Ports Such as HDMI and So on.. Will be a Problem to me in the Future? Since I don't want to buy another LCD Monitor in Near Future :) I will buy in Far away future :) Probably if this will work without a problem Never :)

Thanks. This was a Major Headeche to Me Ever Since our Neighbor Singher Salesman Told me This. Now It's Getting Clear.

Return to “??????? ???? ??????? (Where to buy)”