Help Me To Buy a HD Monitor and a 2.1 Sub Woofer

Ask about shops here
Nipuna

Help Me To Buy a HD Monitor and a 2.1 Sub Woofer

Post by Nipuna » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:26 am

Hello.

I am going to Buy a HD monitor and a 2.1 Sub Woofer from Unity Plaza

What is the Best Shop for that?

And How can I recognize a HD monitor? I searched on Google and have Little Knowledge I like to know for you Guys.
What are the Good Brands? And looking under Rs20000. It might Sounds crazy since I don't know can i buy for that Price or Not.
If you can give me Links to review them online like we can do with barklays.lk

And My Other Question, What are the Best 2.1 Sub Woofers? I am Searching for a one under Rs5000. Less is the Better :D
Give me links to them too. I saw on barklays but I don't know which to buy.

I am going to buy these after finishing July 31th BIT exam, and when coming back home ,at about 4PM. I will go to Unity Plaza and Buy. July 31 in Sunday, Are they open at Sundays ?

Thanks
Face
Major
Major

Re: Help Me To Buy a HD Monitor and a 2.1 Sub Woofer

Post by Face » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:54 am

Brother I don't have an idea abbout HD.But I got some ideas about Sub woofers.Try for a creative sub.They are the best I have seen

http://asia.creative.com/products/produ ... duct=16920

great sound.Even headphones also in high quality.I think that price might be high.But you can try in Unity plaza for the best price & others will help you.

HD - I have heard that ViweSonic is good.(But I don't have any experience on this.)
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:50 pm

Thanks Dude
Herath
Major
Major

Post by Herath » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:55 pm

I saw an advertisement of a Acer monitor from metropoliton for 23 thousand. It was a 23 inch 2ms monitor as i can remember. Better check with them before buying from unity plaza. Metropolitan is the dealer for Acer in Sri Lanka. So you will not have to worry too much about the warranty.

If the monitor supports 1280x720, it is know as HD ready. 1920x1080 is the 1080p/i full HD resolution. Don't buy a monitor with a 8ms response time. They are cheap, but it will be hard to watch a movie at least.

For sub woofers, Divoom and Edifier are good brands available here. Creative is not that good for sub woofers. At least there lower end speakers are not good. I am not really happy with my creative inspire M5100. Its base sounds are not clear. Should have gone for the Divoom 5.1. It was just another 7000 more. Divoom 2.1 should be around 7000 or 8000.
Last edited by Herath on Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Face
Major
Major

Post by Face » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:59 pm

@ herath can you tell me what is " 8ms response time."? I don't have an idea about it.
thanks
Herath
Major
Major

Post by Herath » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:06 pm

Wikipedia :D
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Response_t ... hnology%29
Response time is the amount of time a pixel in an LCD monitor takes to go from one value to another and back again. It is measured in milliseconds (ms). Lower numbers mean faster transitions and therefore fewer visible image artifacts.
Face
Major
Major

Post by Face » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:35 pm

Hey thanks bro :P
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:40 am

I'll add just a few comments.
What are the Best 2.1 Sub Woofers?
In addition to the brands that Herath has recommended, I would like to add Altec Lancing, JBL & BOSE to the list. According to Altec Lancing website MiTech is the agent in Sri Lanka. You can find a MiTech at the ground floor of Unity Plaza. Altec Lancing comes as the speaker system for most best laptop brands such as HP/Compaq and Dell.
http://international.alteclansing.com/s ... _computers

JBL is the best speaker brand I know after BOSE. BOSE is considered the best in the world for professional quality.
JBL Sri Lanka Agent
BOSE Sri Lanka Agent
I guess both are expensive than the other brands. But it's good to check the prices.
Creative is not that good for sub woofers.
I have some good experience with a 2.1 Sub Woofer which I bought 13 years back. It still works and still the sound quality is fantastic. However, based on that expereince I bought a 5.1 about 2 years back and as Herath stated, the quality is not satisfactory. The base is horrible.

Acer monitor from metropoliton
Very good product and a company. I highly recommend this company since their service is superb. When you buy things from Unity Plaza, don't expect any after sales service. They don't even know the meaning of it ;)

There are two HD resolutions named as 720p and 1080p. I think 1080p (1920x1080) is the one you should buy. Samsung is the brand I recommend. They own most of the LED TV patents and the picture quality is superb. Samsung gives 3 year warranty as well.
Samsung Bx2231 21.5" - 2ms response time
Samsung Ex2220x 21.5'' - 5ms response time
Are they open at Sundays ?
According to my memory most of the shops are closed in Unity plaza on Sundays.

My advise for Nipuna is to go for a good LCD without considering the sub woofer for now.
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:21 am

Thanks For All Friends.

But How about Microlab 2.1 Sub-woofers ? Some of my Friends have it but They don't know how to describe about them what are the good things than the other models. They are around Rs3000. I really Need to buy a Sub-Woofer :) I know why you are telling Me to buy a LCD Monitor now more than Sub-Woofer, Since You know I am Always at the PC and I need To Take Care of My Eyes :)
Can I expect in Price Decreasing in Near future? Since I only have around 20000Rs in these days, :) And I am not doing any Freelancer work. And I don't like to bother my Father about asking Money.

And what are the difference between these 2? Except Response time.

Samsung Bx2231 21.5"
Samsung Ex2220x 21.5''

Both are same Price. And As I've seen they both have same Features.

And who is the Agent of Samsung in SRILANKA? Abans Or Singhagiri ? Do they have a Shop in Unity Plaza ?
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:17 pm

But How about Microlab 2.1 Sub-woofers ?
No idea. Lets see what Herath has to say on this.
Can I expect in Price Decreasing in Near future?
Future is uncertain. Better live in the present ;) . Didn't hear anything special to come in next few months.
And I don't like to bother my Father about asking Money.
Yes, it is not good to spend your father's hard earned money to have fun. But LCD is a good investment on you.
And what are the difference between these 2? Except Response time.

Samsung Bx2231 21.5"
Samsung Ex2220x 21.5''

Both are same Price. And As I've seen they both have same Features.
Here is a very good comparison on these models.
http://www.shopping.com/xSBS-Samsung-EX ... 48767?sb=1

Another two descriptions.
http://www.shopping.com/Samsung-EX2220X/info
http://www.shopping.com/samsung-bx2231/info

According to these descriptions EX is a backlit LED one whereas the BX is a edge-lit LED. These are two technologies in backlit LED LCD TVs (Don't get confused these are not LED TVs. Just the CCFL back-lighting is replaced by LEDs).
http://www.toshibalife.com/lcd-tv/edge- ... ich-better
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LED-backlit_LCD_television
So it says...
Edge-LEDs

This method of backlighting allows for LED-backlit TVs to become extremely thin. The light is diffused across the screen by a special panel which produces a uniform color range across the screen.
Seems both technologies have nothing much in terms of quality & performance but Edge on is thinner than the other.

Okay...so the BX should be thinner than EX. Here are the pictures.
BX.PNG
BX.PNG (34.48 KiB) Viewed 31230 times
EX.PNG
EX.PNG (41.69 KiB) Viewed 31230 times
So as stated clearly, BX is thinner than the EX model.

It seems the EX has two speaker built in to it and BX doesn't have that.

BX is 2ms response time and EX is 5ms.

After comparing all that, it seems the BX is far more worthier than the EX for the same price.
And who is the Agent of Samsung in SRILANKA? Abans Or Singhagiri ? Do they have a Shop in Unity Plaza ?
They have 3 distributors in Sri Lanka.
Soft Logic, Singhagiri and Singer. You can buy from Unity Plaza but make sure you ask them from whom they have bought it (Distributor in Sri Lanka) and provide you the 3 years warranty. If they haven't bought it from the local agent then it is likely you are talking to a racketeer. Some of these racketeers import stuff from open markets such as Dubai, Singapore, China and when you are going to claim warranty, you realise that the warranty has expired long time ago. This is true for all other brands such as Lenovo, HP, etc...

Return to “??????? ???? ??????? (Where to buy)”