Help Me To Buy a HD Monitor and a 2.1 Sub Woofer

Ask about shops here
Nipuna

Re: Help Me To Buy a HD Monitor and a 2.1 Sub Woofer

Post by Nipuna » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:01 pm

Thanks Friend.

I will buy the Lower Response time One.
According to these descriptions EX is a backlit LED one whereas the BX is a edge-lit LED. These are two technologies in backlit LED LCD TVs (Don't get confused these are not LED TVs. Just the CCFL back-lighting is replaced by LEDs).
http://www.toshibalife.com/lcd-tv/edge- ... ich-better
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LED-backlit_LCD_television
So it says...

I know that there is no such TVs or Monitors Called LED. It's just the back light. ;) And There are only OLED ones. and They are still in experiment stages, I think. The biggest OLED TV we can see nowadays is only 12 Inches as I remember. ;)

And in here http://www.shopping.com/xSBS-Samsung-EX ... 48767?sb=1

I saw this

EX
Broadcast Format Displayed = 1080p (HDTV) • 1080i (HDTV) • 720p (HDTV) • 480p (EDTV) • 480i (SDTV)

HDCP Support = With HDCP Support

Broadcast Format Supported = 1080p (HDTV)

BX
Broadcast Format Displayed = 1080i (HDTV) • 720p (HDTV) • 480p (EDTV) • 480i (SDTV)

HDCP Support = Unknown

Broadcast Format Supported = Unknown

What are these and Will they be a Problem to Me?

Thanks
Herath
Major
Major

Post by Herath » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:58 pm

Unfortunately I do not have any experience with Microlab or haven't seen one around here. But I heard that logitec is good if you can find one.:)
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:28 pm

I know that there is no such TVs or Monitors Called LED. It's just the back light. ;) And There are only OLED ones. and They are still in experiment stages, I think. The biggest OLED TV we can see nowadays is only 12 Inches as I remember.
Correct. The following image explains it.
LED_demo.jpg
LED_demo.jpg (31.31 KiB) Viewed 12016 times
Broadcast Format Displayed
1080p - Progressive, 1080i - Interlaced
Progressive frames are better in quality. Read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1080i
I'm wondering why the BX doesn't have 1080p. It can be the reason for having a less response time on BX.
HDCP Support
Read http://tv.about.com/od/hdtv/a/hdmidvihdcp.htm. Seems like this not an important thing to consider unless you are planning to view HDTV over broadcast channels. But okay to have it.
Broadcast Format Supported
Since you are not going to use broadcast HDTV at the moment (I don't think there is any company yet to transmit HDTV over cable), it is not much important to consider. But it is okay to have it.

Finally, you need to make a decision on the two monitors. If it is possible for you to have a demonstration on the two LCDs, I think you would be able to get a better idea. Let's wait on Herath's comments.
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:48 pm

Yes. Let's Wait for His Reply
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:20 pm

I am Planing to Buy this one

http://www.barclays.lk/bc/itemdesc.asp?ic=29173&eq=&Tp=

I read some Elakiri Posts and Techkatha Google Group posts and so many Users have said that this one is Good and One of my Fiends has this too. But Now I don't meet him to ask more Info.
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:38 pm

Microlab is not a known brand to me at all. So can't comment on the quality. But if you could go there (or your friend's place) and hear the quality, then I don't see any reason for not going for it. Audio systems are not an important accessory to the computer. So whatever satisfy you is okay.
Herath
Major
Major

Post by Herath » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:13 pm

If you are just looking for some bass sounds apart from hearing it through the same speakers, a standard subwoofer should do fine. I was happy with my creative one first, but got really upset when I heard the bass performance of a Divoom 5.1 system one of my friends had. But that system was about 16000 comparing to 9000 i paid for creative one. But extra 7000 really worth the quality and the performance plus accessories it had.
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:48 pm

Hey Friends.

I've Head one time my Friend's Sub Woofer's Sound And I feel it's Good. And my another friend has Creative 2.1 one and its bass isn't good like the one I mentioned above.

I don't Expect 4.1 or 5.1 since I don't need and If I buy those I have to place the speakers as in standard positions but in my room i can't do that i can only place the woofer and the front 2 speakers. To place the 2 rear speakers, I have to hang them in my Room's Door :D Since my room's door is in the opposite side to my PC :D Then the people who come to my Room will collide with the 2 rear speakers and i will have to buy them again :lol:

I like bass and Sound quality but Don't want professional level only for movies and to Watch TV online and for Games and Songs. That's all. :)
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:26 pm

I like bass and Sound quality but Don't want professional level only for movies and to Watch TV online and for Games and Songs. That's all.
With this description, the most cheapest sub woofer system will match you. Concentrate more on the LCD. You would spend some money again for better quality speakers in 2, 3 years. But if your LCD gives you problems, it'll be a huge loss.
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:04 am

Yes. It's Right.

There is a Singer Showroom in our Town, But The Problem is Singer's Stuff are Expensive, as I remember.

Let's try asking from them, If they it is, Then i will buy from Colombo.

Return to “??????? ???? ??????? (Where to buy)”