Ask about shops here
Face
Major
Major

Buy a NOTEBOOK

Post by Face » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:48 pm

Buy a NOTEBOOK,
I wanna know some details about the NOTEBOOKS\LAP TOPS
One of my best friend wanna buy a LAPTOP\NOTBOOK(I really don't know the deference between those two.May be just the size)
My friend wanna get my help to chose one.Before helping the friend it is better to learn about that.I ask you guys to give some ideas about it.
My friend can pay full amount of the notebook Not in installments.So please suggest me
*.brand
*.price
*.place(Near Kandy,if you know)
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Buy a NOTEBOOK

Post by Neo » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:25 am

A laptop computer, or simply laptop is a small mobile computer, which usually weighs 2-18 pounds (around 1 to 8 kilograms), depending on size, materials, and other factors. Laptops were developed to get in the portability factor with the computers. The initial laptops were more or less of same configurations as a desktop.

A Notebook is an extremely lightweight personal computer. Notebook computers typically weigh less than 6 pounds and are small enough to fit easily in a briefcase. Notebooks were designed to get the frequently used functionalities of a computer in a handy size and easy to carry case. The handy notebook size was the one that defined notebook computers. There was not even a replaceable hard disk or other peripherals associated with them initially.

The two have similar origins and use but differ in terms of size and functional capacity.
lap-note.PNG
lap-note.PNG (43.42 KiB) Viewed 5134 times
*.brand
HP, Compaq (also from HP), Sony (expensive but quality is very high), Toshiba (expensive but quality is very high)
*.price
You can buy a Intel i5 with 4GB RAM, 280 GB HD, Wide Screen LCD for LKR 90K to 130K
*.place(Near Kandy,if you know)
You can buy from Singer Mega if you don't have a good computer shop around.
The best thing is, come to Colombo and go to Unity Plaza. It's the cheapest place to buy computer stuff.
I know most of the guys there... so if you are going, I can arrange a person I know for you..
Please do PM me if you want.

Return to “??????? ???? ??????? (Where to buy)”