Info on Presents & Donations given by ROBOT.LK
Face
Major
Major

Re: Req. a donation: Project for school exhibition

Post by Face » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:08 pm

give info about JDM programmers

http://cgi.ebay.com/PIC-MCU-JDM-Program ... 3a6332d7da

We can get help from nipuna.He is a good eBay buyer.other thing is we can get good things for less price with e Bay.Then We can give them the Programmer (Better than cash :P)
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:33 pm

Face, of cause we are going to send them the items (they don't need cash and they have never requested as well ;) ).

The list of items are in the first few posts of this topic. One of our members has JDM programmers. As long as they work, we are fine.

Wait tell they confirm the item list. Then we'll evaluate the total amount required and discuss in a personal level on how we could share that within us. I guess one of them will confirm this today afternoon so all these will happen today.

I guess we would be able to post the items to them on Monday along with the ROBOT.LK banner.

Do you like the banner?
Donation_small.PNG
Donation_small.PNG (168.43 KiB) Viewed 10326 times
Face
Major
Major

Post by Face » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:03 pm

yeah.Nice Idea.:D We can use that kind of banner.Neo can I try New Design for the Banner ?I like designing.!Can you please upload a copy of LOGO or send i.It will help to design.
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:16 pm

Of cause yes. That was a quick made up by me ;)

Here is the logo. I guess you can handle it from there.
ExpertCore-logo3_large.rar
(298.13 KiB) Downloaded 349 times
Let's have a small pic posted after you are done.

Another thing, Can you take over printing of the banner as well?
I guess 4' x 2' is enough for us. If you can handle that, it will ease my work here as well. I'll take care on the components.

Our members Shenal & Praveen will work together to make it a success + give a good publicity to ROBOT.LK for the benefit of technology enthusiasts in the country. It will be like an ROBOT.LK stall in the exhibition hall ;)
Face
Major
Major

Post by Face » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:29 pm

Yeah I will design the banner in 2' x 4' .I will print this.It will help you to save your time.How about Digital banner it will cost less 300Rs..After this week end I get little free time & it will be fun to work on this.I got the Logo.In that the picture is not clear as well :O
PraveenAlexis

Post by PraveenAlexis » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:41 pm

Neo wrote:I know both Shenal and Praveen since they became members of ROBOT.LK and I personally think this will greatly benefit to improve their personal skills.

I'm going to evaluate what is required. According to what I see you need both Micro and Programmer from us. Can you please confirm that?

Servo Vs. Stepper
I personally think Servos are not going to fit on this. Precision positioning is possible with servos but with some knowledge in PID controllers and PWM. Use stepper motors instead which you can control the x, y, z (Pen) positions with enough accuracy. Steppers are easy to handle even for novice. What you find inside printers are steppers. The IC you have chosen to drive the motor (ULN2003 7-bit 50V 500mA TTL-input NPN Darlington driver) is commonly used to drive steppers. So I guess you have just mistaken the word?

Our esteemed ROBOT.LK team member Gayan (Codename Face) also wanted to participate on this. So I'll leave provision for them as well ;)
YES i think hes's mistaken the word, if its a stepper motor which is inside a dvd-rom then he's wrong ;)
Neo wrote:Letters are in order. I'm heading towards to the approval of funds. I have only put the micro and programmer on the list as per our previous discussion. Do you need the rest of the components as well (ULN and MAX) ?

Neo
maybe you have to ask from shenal :) il tell him to reply as soon as possible
BTW, THANKS FOR ALL THE EXPERTCORE MEMBERS FOR DONATING US,AND WE WILL NEVER EVER FORGET YOU ALL :D
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:51 pm

YES i think hes's mistaken the word, if its a stepper motor which is inside a dvd-rom then he's wrong ;)
Inside DVD/CD Roms there are two types of motors. Main motor which spin the CD/DVD is a BLDC motor (Brushless DC motor). We have now discussed enough on this I guess. For tray opening, usually a small stepper is used. However Shenal was referring motors inside printers I guess. Those are usually steppers. Please be clear on this since motor play a crutial role in this project.
maybe you have to ask from shenal :) il tell him to reply as soon as possible
Yes please. We are waiting on this. As soon as you confirm the items, we hope to get everything done by next week.
BTW, THANKS FOR ALL THE EXPERTCORE MEMBERS FOR DONATING US,AND WE WILL NEVER EVER FORGET YOU ALL :D
ROBOT.LK is a family and you guys have already became members of this family. This family helps each other irrespective of race, creed, colour, religion, cast, ethnicity, etc... All technology enthusiasts are welcome!
PraveenAlexis

Post by PraveenAlexis » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:36 am

we still didnt got the donation it seems ;)
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:08 am

Face, Shenal and Praveen,

We are working on to collect the items this week. We will be sending them within this week itself to Shenal's postal address. After the exhibition, we have decided to give the units/components to Shenal to do his personal experiments. He will be updating ROBOT.LK on those and help the community to gain knowledge. If you guys have any obligation in this regard, you can tell me.

Face, please prepare the banner as put a reduced screenshot(<100K) here. I'm happy to arrange all electronic stuff from here. However if you like to contribute that as well, then you will have to tell me the cost of banner as well ;) Anyway we can discuss that later.
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:54 pm

Shenal.GIF
Shenal.GIF (104.26 KiB) Viewed 10287 times
1. Microchip PIC 16F877A Microcontroller (uC)
2. Multi-PIC programmer
3. RS232 Cable for Multi-PIC programmer
4. Vero board x 2
5. Project board x 1
6. 40-pin IC base x 1
7. Piece of Tin/lead solder wire
8. Piece of Red & Yellow copper circuit wires
9. LEDs x 5
10. 7805 Regulator (5V power for uC) x 1
11. MAX232 (Communication between uC and PC) x 1
12. Condensers x 9
13. 4 MHz crystal oscillator
14. ULN2003 (To drive stepper motors) x 3

We will include a CD with some software as well.

Face, can you submit a small pic of the banner design as well. As soon as we agree on the design, it would be better to post that as well so that it's all up to Shenal to sort out ;)

Hope to post this tomorrow from our end.

Refer to How to start with Microcontrollers article first.

Return to “Presents & Donations”