New guy here, please let me know if I belong.

Introduce yourself to the world!
Murdoch
Corporal
Corporal

New guy here, please let me know if I belong.

Post by Murdoch » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:04 am

Ya, so I am new here. The title is brief, but I won't be. Please I'll explain.
Do I belong here, with all of you. What do I have to offer. So please be honest and if I don't belong I am happy to recind my membership.

I am a chrome plater by trade. I am a hobbiest. A husband and father.
Now to the point of explanation of the title.

I have absolutely no experience with mechatronics, robotics, animatronics. So now why am I here?
Again I am a hobbiest and I want to make a prop. A fully wearable exoskeletal frame made in aluminum and titanium. This will be based on the War-Machine character from the Ironman franoise. This will boast a full range of motion. With lights, sounds and servo motors. When I began I had no pre-existing knowledge on even how to do anything like this . I had began reading on metal forming and metal casting. Studying the arduino platform. Kinetic movement. I have ordered some books on robotics. I am gaining some understanding on the subject. So I am learning, but do I belong here. I do not possess a degree or any type of certification in this field, to be honest any field. I just need to know if I can build it. So I'll leave it up to you, the masses. I have the desire to learn and finish what I have started. I have many tools at my disposal, what I don't have I'll make. The only thing holding me back is my lack of knowledge. Which I hope to change in this place with you the experienced many. Just would like to say thank you all very much in advance...George
Murdoch
Corporal
Corporal

Re: New guy here, please let me know if I belong.

Post by Murdoch » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:21 am

How do I post pictures? I tried, using photobucket but I had been refused. Thanks guys

Return to “Introductions”