Rksk - Moderator

Introduce yourself to the world!
Rksk
Major
Major

Rksk - Moderator

Post by Rksk » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:31 pm

[Updated on January 19th, 2018]

Currently a computer science undergraduate at a government university.

I started computing when I was in Grade 10 with IBM 200MHz computer bought it for just LKR1000 (less than 8USD) with all components. At that time there was no internet connection and I was just following books and learning VB. There was no any other source to get knowledge about any IT related things at that time other than the few books in the school library and monthly magazines.

Later I got an internet connection but It was too slow. However, I found robot.lk (formly expertcore.lk) and it was a great push to my interest in programming languages. Here I got to know about embedded development as well. Finally, it led me to select computer science for my university education too.

Now I'm at the end of my four-year computer science [BSc.(Hons) in Computer Science] degree and willing to start the career in software engineering field in an environment which encourages me to grow professionally where I can utilize my skills and knowledge appropriately.

Good luck all.
SevenZero
Major
Major

Re: Rksk Ekanayaka - Promo Team

Post by SevenZero » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:22 am

Your statement has a logic. I believe having double standards is always unfair. However no one get 5-6 Mbps in Sri Lanka :) While 512 Kbps ADSL is the most popular, 2 Mbps ADSL is mostly used by companies. Home users normally have 512 Kbps ADSL or 3G/EDGE/GPRS based mobile internet connections. According to my knowledge 4 Mbps ADSL is the maximum available in Sri Lanka but that's expensive.

I have no idea where these guys are stuck on the expansion process. If they can't do it, my personal idea is they should resign and give those to capable people. Those guys had gone enough foreign tours for nothing. Some people used to blame the government but that's not only them. It's 99% the government servants who didn't understand their responsibility. Their minds are only working on tenders -> commission -> foreign tours. I believe tough management is really necessary at this stage of the development. This is one reason for getting stuck where British had stopped in 1948. At a time where 10 Mbps is normal for home users in the world, we would have been able to give at least 512 Kbps line to everyone in this small island.

I hope a company like Etisalat will help to sort out this problem. Or else you'll have to wait till those government servants realise their responsibility.
SemiconductorCat
Major
Major

Re: Rksk Ekanayaka - Promo Team

Post by SemiconductorCat » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:37 am

Welcome to the net. Everybody nervous with their service provider.

Return to “Introductions”