Mobile phone virus

Help on cleaning Viruses, Trojans, Spyware and Adware
Rksk
Major
Major

Mobile phone virus

Post by Rksk » Mon May 17, 2010 3:47 pm

Is there anyone who has found a virus on a mobile phone?

i've found a virus. it always try to dial GPRS. if i do a master reset on mobile, it can be removed.
i think it's a virus.

B.R.
Nipuna

Re: Mobile phone virus

Post by Nipuna » Tue May 18, 2010 7:44 am

My old phone sony ericsson k 320i was infected with a virus that infected to my phone by a pc of my friend. the thing that happened was,

There are holes of phone's background themes. After removing virus with the Avast virus guard. The error corrected.
Herath
Major
Major

Post by Herath » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:26 pm

I doubt that. A phone might execute malicious code only if there is a way to execute external code. a sony erricoson W800 might get virus, but k320. It is hard to believe. Don't you think so?. :)
And smarthpones are the target most of the times.
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:11 pm

It could be the emails as well. When you setup email (and later we forget it), the system used to synchronise emails by accessing whatever the internet connection available. It could be GPRS, 3G, etc...

Im my case, it was Wireless. Even thought I kept the wireless disconnected, I have seen the phone is automatically connects it and access internet. Earlier I thought it is a virus as well. But later I remembered email luckily and tried by disabling it. All sorted out then. Check it out.

I think phone viruses are rare. I heard most phone viruses spread through bluetoth connection. If you keep your bluetooth connection disabled (recommended method) or keep authentication enabled for unknown devices, you are in the safe side with bluetooth.
Rksk
Major
Major

Post by Rksk » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:32 pm

Neo wrote:It could be the emails as well. When you setup email (and later we forget it), the system used to synchronise emails by accessing whatever the internet connection available. It could be GPRS, 3G, etc...

Im my case, it was Wireless. Even thought I kept the wireless disconnected, I have seen the phone is automatically connects it and access internet. Earlier I thought it is a virus as well. But later I remembered email luckily and tried by disabling it. All sorted out then. Check it out.
I agree with you. this can be happen on SonyEricsson phones.
But it was a old nokia phone. as I remember, it hadn't email system. but I can't remember it correctly.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:44 am

Herath wrote:I doubt that. A phone might execute malicious code only if there is a way to execute external code. a sony erricoson W800 might get virus, but k320. It is hard to believe. Don't you think so?. :)
And smarthpones are the target most of the times.
Yes. I sounds unavailable :)

But I don't know I told my Idea Before I had 3 years Before :) Now I know it's Rare :)
SemiconductorCat
Major
Major

Post by SemiconductorCat » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:18 am

I have used 3 mobil phones and two are inflected with viruses.

my first phone k700i and it was inflected with the blue-bug worm.Then I had to refresh it's
firmware.fortunately I got the warranty. Believe me it's just a theme that I just added.

my second phone is Nokia 6600 and it's inflected with worm, I don't know how. It will
send MMS itself to other ppl. But this worked after software formatting.I didn't replace the
firmware in that case.

My third phone is simple Nokia c1 and it's working fine without any trouble.then I learned to
learn laptop for computing tasks and mobil phone for just talking. The real phone is moto
F1 like phone where it battery lasts for weeks and very good in signal too.

Virus as a biological virus needs a medium to spread.By definition virus spreads withing
the local-system and worm spread system to system. Worms are normally spread by exploiting
a vulnerability in the host operating system, since we rarely update the firmware in our
Mobil phones this is very critical than computing operating systems.

some phones like k700 have explicitly open to attacks like blue-bugging.

But pure logic or pure analog phones like moto F1 have less chances of become a zombie
to a malicious virus/worm. so better to use somewhat like that.

even if you don't believe , even GSM broadcast message can be a system specific configuration
code, and exploiting a buffer in that data file will make a door open to inject malicious
code to be executed in your phone. So it's not secure what you think.

that's how a buffer-overflow works.
read this- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffer_overflow
and buffer overflow is only just one class of attack, when it comes to web , GPRS , ,,,,etc and etc,
possibilities will grow exponentially. where you can easily see a mobil phone is a very easy
targert for malicious code.
Nandika
Captain
Captain

Post by Nandika » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:44 am

for Nokia 6600 full format cord is *#7370# .enjoy!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Return to “Viruses, Trojans, Spyware and Adware”