What is the best antivirus software?

Help on cleaning Viruses, Trojans, Spyware and Adware
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: What is the best antivirus software?

Post by Neo » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:41 pm

Mysoogal bro, welcome back after a long time!
I'm using avast! free version for months now and I'm very happy with it.
PraveenAlexis

Post by PraveenAlexis » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:58 am

i suggest you, kaspersky since i use it and i never nad a problem with it.btw if its leagle to share crack and stuff here, il pm u the trial resetter's link. :)
Saman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saman » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:03 am

I have bad experience with Kaspesky. It has slowed down my PC gradually quite a lot. After uninstallation, PC started to fly. avast! free is a superb solution. Why do we need to crack when there is a full featured one for free?
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:13 am

Some months ago, I installed both Avast Pro 6 and Microsoft Security Essentials. But in the next day after installation My PC stuck when Loading Windows 7, But Ubuntu Worked well and safe mode also worked. I removed Avast then PC became normal.

So now I only use Microsoft Security Essentials and never had a problem so far. And It also doesn't Slow down my PC.

PS: I was using Avast nearly 2.5 years. Sometimes Pro one sometimes free one.
PraveenAlexis

Post by PraveenAlexis » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:06 am

Saman wrote:I have bad experience with Kaspesky. It has slowed down my PC gradually quite a lot. After uninstallation, PC started to fly. avast! free is a superb solution. Why do we need to crack when there is a full featured one for free?
i have my opinion that free anti-viruses are useless.my computer didnt slow down when i install kaspersky :roll: BTW avast is good too, i used it before kaspersky :) also kaspersky 2012 has a cloud antivirus protection ;)
Nipuna wrote:Some months ago, I installed both Avast Pro 6 and Microsoft Security Essentials. But in the next day after installation My PC stuck when Loading Windows 7, But Ubuntu Worked well and safe mode also worked. I removed Avast then PC became normal.

So now I only use Microsoft Security Essentials and never had a problem so far. And It also doesn't Slow down my PC.

PS: I was using Avast nearly 2.5 years. Sometimes Pro one sometimes free one.
haha ya avast sucks sometimes :lol:
P.S: try using all the anti viruses that we've suggested and choose whats best for you ;)
good luck,
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:27 am

Thanks but I don't want to try them all since I am Happy with Microsoft Security Essentials
Herath
Major
Major

Post by Herath » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:22 pm

Commercial antivirus software are most of the times report you about a very small incident as a very critical one. Recently I did a bit defender online scan and it said that I have infections ! :shock: . It did not say what was the infected file.
So I installed bit defender free version and had a scan running for more than 3 hours (Entire hard disk). What it found was a cookie that leaves by the statcounter for tracking. That was the critical infection. What a shame! :mrgreen:
And if you want to install kasperky, please make sure that you install it on a dedicated machine. ;)

And Finally my vote goes for Microsoft Security Essentials. :D
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:29 pm

And Finally my vote goes for Microsoft Security Essentials. :D
I ran it for many months. It's good. I agree. But it lacks some important features such as SPAM guard and Firewall.

Have you ever tried Avast! free. I'm running it for nearly an year now and I'm fully satisfied with it. Extremely powerful. The paid features are not important at all for home use. Take my word. Try it once.
Herath
Major
Major

Post by Herath » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:54 pm

I think I have used it few years ago. If I recall correctly it had an umbrella icon. I cant remember if that was avast or not.

Before using MSSE, I was running Nod32. But having to dig through the internet in search of a registration key to make update work was a pain. So I switched to MSSE. :D
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:13 pm

Herath wrote:I think I have used it few years ago. If I recall correctly it had an umbrella icon. I cant remember if that was avast or not.
It's not Avast man it's Avira ;)

Return to “Viruses, Trojans, Spyware and Adware”