what is the esy progrmming language for a beginer :!:
Nandika
Captain
Captain

Re: programming

Post by Nandika » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:49 am

Hi Nalaka,
Thanks for join with ROBOT.LK :biggrin:
I think VB6.0,VB.NET are good for start.some say also C++ is good.but,i don't think like that.
I was started in VB6.0.it is very easy for understanding fundamental principal in programming.
but,lot of languages are same.

Collect more information for your question.

Best Regards. :)
nandika
Saman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saman » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:14 pm

Hello Nalaka,

Welcome to ROBOT.LK!!!!!

I agree with Nandika... VB6 is the easiest. VB.Net is kind of an extension of VB6 with OOP concepts.

Anyway, it is good to learn currently popular languages.

* Java is a very good OOP language for learning. Since it is a 100% OOP language, it is used as the base language for students in many universities world wide. Java is good for multi-platform support. That means when you write a Java program for Windows, it will work in Linux without a change.

* C++ is my favourite. Though some people say it is difficult to learn, it is a myth. If you learn systematically (by referring a book), I'm sure you'll be able to learn it quite easily. Visual Studio IDE has C++.Net. You can also use free C++ IDEs to practice C++. C++ is the most cross-compiler available language. That means with few or no changes, you can compile the files to work in any platform.

* C# and VB.Net is also widely used for Windows based development

By considering all that, my guess is C# or VB.Net will be cool for a beginner. Let's expect some more comments from other members.
nalaka
Corporal
Corporal

Post by nalaka » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:25 am

thanks for your advises.i think you will be a shade for my programming path.I found a VB6 guide book from library.one of my friend said it is not usually run VB6 in Windows7.I like to know it is truth? or false? & what i can do
Nandika
Captain
Captain

Post by Nandika » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:40 pm

nalaka wrote:one of my friend said it is not usually run VB6 in Windows7.I like to know it is truth? or false? & what i can do?
Actually it's correct.at starting of VB6.0 in Windows7 appear a window/information that this say.

i think,perhaps,it's no problem ;)
What we can do?
can we get a new version of VB6 for Windows7?
Saman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: What's the easy programming language for a beginner

Post by Saman » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:57 pm

I have already answered to this at Can vb6 run on windows 7 - 64-bit. I have added an update on a guide to install VB6 under Windows 7 64-bit. Please don't ask the same question at two locations.
SemiconductorCat
Major
Major

Post by SemiconductorCat » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:12 am

I never learned the VB.Net programming language, but I heard it's object oriented completely instead of
Object Based or even driven like vb.6. So somebody tell me isn't that good enough to learn VB.Net instead of
VB.6 ?

and my programming life was also begin with the Basic too. At that time it's called G W basic.
it still good to understand the basic programming concepts but I don't think current software development
teams will ever use that language to develop any application.

The basic is a common language. Basic is also used to create computer games.Such as
* free basic http://sourceforge.net/projects/fbc/
* Pure Basic , this is used by 13 year old teens in schools to made small computer games.

And if you wanted to learn a object oriented language , or a object based language please learn basic concepts
using a UML like tool before jump into it. It will save you lots of time.

After you learn programming syntax and concepts , object oriented concepts,it's always reading docs , thinking
reading and coding. Then your life will run on code.

My favorite programming language is also C++. But I prefer C over C++ when it goes to embedded and system
programming.

I do prefer C++ over other programming languages because of these things.
* C++ developer tools and libraries can be found in almost all environments.Less you could find a working
implemented JVM.
* because it hybrid enough, close to both system level and the high level problem.
* No restrictions. [you can allocate memory, use pointers, function pointers, callbacks , as you need ,
even you could change the crt0 and change the bootcode of it].
* Highly productive, [supports multiple inheritance and templates].
* Standard ed library which contains pre tested routines ready for your use.
* you have no restriction to use the old "C" code there.
* it's more civilized than the old "C" , civilized typechecking and typecasting.

* for me `performance` is the last reason why I select C++ over java.
nalaka
Corporal
Corporal

Post by nalaka » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:29 pm

thankz for all.now I am trying to learn VB6.
SevenZero
Major
Major

Post by SevenZero » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:10 am

VB6 is a superb language. No doubt in that. But it's kind of dead language now. It lacks support to latest operating systems such as Windows 7. VB6 is already treated as a legacy programming language by Windows 7. Most of the features are disabled for that. VB6 is a Microsoft specific programing language. That means you can't run VB6 programs on Linux, etc..

However if you are going on Microsoft path, you better give a start with C# (I don't even recommend to go with VB.Net as well). C# is beginner friendly. You can directly start with that. If you can buy a good C# book, it would be great.

Java is also a good language to learn as the first language. I don't recommend Java for professional programming. But it is still considered as the best OOP language in the world for teaching.

Finally, as others mentioned, C++ still plays a vital role in the industry. C++ is beginner friendly. If you can find a good C++ book, you can practice it under VS.Net or any other popular C++ IDE. C++ is the most efficient high level language in the world. That is the reason it is used for firmware development (writing codes for micro chips). If you take OS like Windows, Linux, Mac Os, Apple iOS, Symbian, Android, etc... are written using C++. The reason is its simplicity to achieve complicated tasks quite simply. So my recommendation is also C++.
Nandika
Captain
Captain

Post by Nandika » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:32 pm

SevenZero wrote:VB6 is a superb language. No doubt in that.
But it's kind of dead language now. It lacks support to latest operating systems such as Windows 7. VB6 is already treated as a legacy programming language by Windows 7. Most of the features are disabled for that. VB6 is a Microsoft specific programing language. That means you can't run VB6 programs on Linux, etc..
Will be this fate for C++ ?
i think,yes...in feature... :(

Return to “???????? ?????”