my pc over heating

???????? ?????
Nipuna

my pc over heating

Post by Nipuna » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:20 pm

mama ada mage pc eka galola duwili tika sudda kara. processor cooling fan ekath sudda kara. ita passe mama pc eka aye set karala on karala 1 minute witara weda kara. ita passe ekaparatama pc eke buzzer eka ke gahanda gatta. mama ita passe ayeth pc eka galola processor ekath galola sawi kara. mama kalin sere fan eke thermat paste eka ayin kara me sere processor eketh ayin kara. mokada ewa gal wela nisa.eth lede ehemamay mama BIOS walata gihin beluwama. temparature eka tika tika wedi wenawa pennanawa. fan eke rpm eka 2600 ganak wage pennanawa. pc eka on karala 1 monute walin wage meka wenawa. BIOS wala innakota 70 c witara unama sadde enawa.mage pc eka pentium 4 3 ghz ekak. mama meka liyanneth phone eken. plese help ekak. mage weda serama newatila meka nisa.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: my pc over heating

Post by Neo » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:58 pm

Though it is bit of an unfortunate situation, it is good that you have identified the problem. However it is not right to remove the heat sink from CPU as the dried thermal grease will make a false contact between CPU and heat sink.

Though it is possible to remove the thermal warning, it is something that you need to do by taking your own risk. This is not recommended.
bios.jpg
bios.jpg (153.47 KiB) Viewed 17427 times
See this Intel page and find the temperature ratios for your CPU. http://www.intel.com/support/processors ... 007999.htm

You can try following things to reduce CPU temperature.
  1. Remove the fan unit from the heat sink and clean it with high pressure water or surgical spirit (Isopropyl Alcohol). You may use some soup to remove stain as well. Once all dust and stain is gone, dry it until all water is gone.
  2. Since the fan unit has electronic devices, just clean it with a piece of cloth.
  3. Clean the bottom side of the heat sink until the dried thermal grease is 100% gone. Make sure the heat sink has a clean flat surface where it touches the CPU perfectly.
  4. Do the same to the processor. Put a little bit of surgical spirit to a piece of cloth and remove dried thermal grease from that too.
  5. Make sure the heat sink and the CPU touches each other perfectly.
  6. If you have thermal grease, fix CPU to motherboard, apply a small thin layer to CPU (heat sink contact area) and fix heat-sink to motherboard. Make sure the heat sink and CPU seat each other well. (If you don't have thermal grease, keep the surfaces clean and well seated as mentioned up to above step)
Good luck!!!
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:03 pm

mama cpu eka sudda karala beluwa eth hari giye ne. mata wena widiyak kiyandako. mata fan eka hari processor eka hari maru karanda weyda? mona magulak unada manda eka seretama. cpu eke avarage tempareture eka kiyakda? fan eke avarage rpm kiyada? mage cpu eke temparature eka tika tika wedi wenawa. fan eke rpm tiyenne 2300 witara.

Face
Major
Major

Post by Face » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:11 pm

please try with new thermal paste.you will get good results.
No need to change the processor or fan.
First you try with thermal paste.But I don't know where you can buy that.I don't have any experience with buying thermal paste.search for that.

Then you can go for anther solution.(try simple things first.Better to check your heat also.Looks like you also OVER HEAT. ;) )
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:20 am

please help me Neo. And also all ROBOT.LK guys. i don't have a way to get the termal paste now.thanks for the idea G-sparkz
please help. i am depending on your answer.
mama hema welawema ROBOT.LK eke new post tiyada kiala check kara kara tama inne den.
me lede nisa mage serama freelancer work tika newatila

Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:39 am

mata fan eka hari processor eka hari maru karanda weyda?
I'm sure you don't need to change CPU. But we might need to replace with a new heat-sick and fan.

Before that, lets try to find some thermal grease from a nearby electronic repair shop. I'm sure almost everybody should have a tube. Tell that you don't need to buy a new tube but just to paste some on the heat-sick.

One other important point is that the heat-sink needs to be very firmly pressed against the CPU to conduct heat. Have you been able to make all locks perfectly on the heat-sink/fan unit with motherboard? In some motherboard there are two locks to fit the heat-sink. First one is just to seat the heat-sink on the CPU and the second one to firmly press it against the CPU. In some cases, the second lock is hard to put so people misidentify that there isn't any second lock. Refer to your motherboard/CPU manual to see how the heat-sink needs to be fit.

There is another point that came to my mind. It can be the thermal sensor which is malfunctioning after cleaning. Brush the CPU area of motherboard carefully again and see whether it improves. Note that the sensor is usually placed in-between the CPU socket as in the image (the look of the sensor can be different than the one in the picture).
mbts.jpg
mbts.jpg (53.22 KiB) Viewed 17420 times
If you have tried everything above and you don't have a way to find thermal grease (=paste), adjust the "CPU warning Temperature" setting to 80C. Boot to Windows and see how the system behaves. If everything seems normal and steady, you can continue as that. If the system gets stuck, then you need to switch off the unit. Revert back to 70C and apply thermal grease to your heat-sink or replace with a new heat-sink.
cpu eke avarage tempareture eka kiyakda?
This changes from CPU to CPU. According to the Intel link I sent you earlier, you CPU's maximum temperature could be 70C. Since you already have 70C, that means you almost came to the maximum.
fan eke avarage rpm kiyada?
Again there are many types of CPU fans. I have seen about 5-10 types from Intel. I guess the average fan speed will vary from 1500-4000 rpm. It is just a ruff figure. 2300 is okay I think.
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:55 am

You can use Dielectric Silicone instead of Thermal grease. This is know to be an alternative for thermal grease whenever thermal grease is not available.

This is available in auto-shops (or spare parts shops). Try hardware shops as well.
1.jpg
1.jpg (69.23 KiB) Viewed 17420 times
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:11 am

If you can wait for few days until you receive thermal grease, you can order one from eBay. All the following types are good.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Thermal-Grease-Cond ... 5195de1bdc

http://cgi.ebay.com/10g-Thermal-Grease- ... 27b5f03ebd

http://cgi.ebay.com/Thermal-Grease-Past ... 0166457118
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:19 pm

thanks Neo. my father told me that he will bring thermal paste. Unfotunatly our shop's thermal paste tube is over :(
i saw this one BIOS that is my pc's temparature is increasing upto 84c. What can you say for this? At the first time when this error come i was workin on my pc. When this was happening only the warning beep but system worked well.

Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:25 pm

my father told me that he will bring thermal paste
It will be great to find some thermal paste (also called grease). I'm sure this will fix the problem.
i saw this one BIOS that is my pc's temparature is increasing upto 84c. What can you say for this?
According to the way it appeared, I'm pretty sure that it is due to a air gap between the heat-sink and the CPU. Air is a bad heat conductor, so the heat sink isn't absorbing the heat from CPU. Thermal paste will remove these air gaps and make a firm seat which I'm sure will bring you a lasting solution.

I'm looking forward to see the outcome. Good luck!

Return to “???????? ?????”