my pc over heating

???????? ?????
Nipuna

Re: my pc over heating

Post by Nipuna » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:01 pm

Thanks Neo, I added Thermal Paste and Now It's Working well :) :) :)
But my CPU's temperature is 57C is It OK?
And Fan's RPM is 3300.

Thanks for the Big Help. I own you. :)
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:04 pm

Excellent!! News of the day.
57C and 3300RPM is perfectly alright. Healthy baby :lol:
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:39 pm

Thank you Very Much Buddy. I always Checked ROBOT.LK via my Mobile to find an Answer from you.
I don't have Words to thank you. :)
I think you was active on my this topic than any other ones. I might be wrong but I feel it. :|
Because every time i check ROBOT.LK there was a your answer.
A very Busy Guy like you did me a Such Help. i don't have words to thank for that. :)
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:27 pm

Now. I use windows 7 one of my friend gave me that. You know Who that is ;)

When using 7 it always get 60% to 100% CPU power, when running 2 or more Apps. But in XP it uses only low Power.
Will this be a Problem to my CPU.
My CPU is Intel Pentium 4 HT 3.00 GHZ 2MB cash Processor

Herath told me that I have a HT processor. He is a great Guy Like all you Guys :)
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:09 pm

Yeah... Herath is one of us and he is already in the support team :)

60% CPU is quite okay. However if it is almost getting to 100% all the time, then your CPU isn't having enough power to run Windows 7. You can try by removing GUI features, etc... but I'm not sure it will help.

In some motherboards, HT can be controlled with a BIOS setting. One of our co-workers found that in some cases CPUs with HT performs well without HT (disabled from BIOS). Try that out too.
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:19 pm

I've Disabled HT. After that it use 100% than Before.
What do you say. Is it good to Switch back to XP ?
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:34 pm

here are some Screen shots.I got these when i was using lankatalk. live messenger and firefox
ss.jpg
ss.jpg (150 KiB) Viewed 7328 times
SSS.jpg
SSS.jpg (153.54 KiB) Viewed 7328 times
What do you say? Is It Good to Switch to XP again.
Last edited by Nipuna on Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mysoogal
Captain
Captain

Post by Mysoogal » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:01 pm

biggest mistakes users make is not adding enough of thermal paste, also many users really do not clean the computer fan at all, the increase of temperature can be contributed towards the fan not having any air flow due to the dust. also the mother-board voltages sometimes could be changed within the BIOS, some boards that support over-clocking have this feature to enable you to switch to a lower voltage or show a increase in performance.

so i would advice to check the following

BIOS voltage ?
FAN- slow any dust ?
thermal paste ?

my acer 5315 had two of these problems, the fan had lots of dust, and thermal paste was nearly gone, so i cleaned the fan and added the paste rebooted and everything back to normal.
:mrgreen:
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:01 am

Regarding HT....
HT adds circuitry and functionality into a traditional processor to enable one physical processor to appear as two separate logical processors. The added circuitry enables the processor to maintain two separate architectural states and separate APIC which provides multi-processor interrupt management and incorporates both static and dynamic symmetric interrupt distribution across all processors. The shared resources include items such as cache, registers, and execution units to execute two separate programs or two threads simultaneously.

In simple terms, a hyperthreaded processor has the same number of function units as an older, non-hyperthreaded processor. It just has two execution contexts, so it can maybe achieve better function unit utilization by letting more than one program execute concurrently. On the other hand, if you're running two programs which compete for the same function units, there is no advantage at all to having both running "concurrently." When one is running, the other is necessarily waiting on the same function units.

A dual core processor literally has two times as many function units as a single-core processor, and can really run two programs concurrently, with no competition for function units.
cmp.jpg
cmp.jpg (34.3 KiB) Viewed 7333 times
So a HT processor is a CPU with a single core which can't bring up performance just as in a dual-core or dual-processor.
What do you say? Is It Good to Switch to XP again.
Since Windows 7 require more resources, it seems it would be good to settle with Windows XP for now.
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:18 pm

I searched on the Net and found so many positive Reviews about windows 7 on Pentium 4. I think it is OK to use 7 on Pentium 4.

It uses more CPU power but I will use it.

But Tell me this.
If some thing always use more CPU power isn't it Good for CPU? i mean will my CPU damaged?

Thanks

Return to “???????? ?????”