my pc over heating

???????? ?????
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: my pc over heating

Post by Neo » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:33 pm

I searched on the Net and found so many positive Reviews about windows 7 on Pentium 4. I think it is OK to use 7 on Pentium 4.
Did I ever tell you that Windows 7 doesn't work well on P4-HT ? I also think you should work with Windows 7.
Anyway, what I have told you is not to expect the performance of a multi-core CPU from a single-core one. So you need to expect high CPU loads as now which will reduce overall performance.
If some thing always use more CPU power isn't it Good for CPU? i mean will my CPU damaged?
It will not get damaged as long as the CPU doesn't go beyond the maximum temperature. So this is basically depending on the heat-sink and fan. If those are working perfectly, the BIOS will not beep the warning alarm.
Can you hear the CPU fan speed up when the CPU goes to higher loads and speed down for lower loads? If this is the case, you don't have to worry at all. If it is not, then you will have to depend on the BIOS alarm.
In simple terms, if you can't hear the BIOS warning alarm for CPU temp, you don't have to worry about CPU load.
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:47 pm

Did I ever tell you that Windows 7 doesn't work well on P4-HT ?
No I didn't mean That. :) I asked for resolve my Problem

yes Fan Does that work you told. But it always run Faster because the noise is bit high. :) And the other reason is I use run my PC for almost 16 hours every day. :D
By the way there are no shutdown and warning temperatures in my my motherboard's BIOS by Default. I had Enabled them. I remembered it yesterday. I did a wise work, Because if i didn't do it, I wouldn't know about this problem until my Processor Burn Out. :D

Now I feel better I will continue using 7.

Thanks
Herath
Major
Major

Post by Herath » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:02 pm

Sorry for interrupting. I like my email address removed from those screen-shots. :D

Nipuna seems to be expecting too much from a Pentium 4. They are not as good as new Core architecture in performance, heat emission and power consumption. 57 degrees for a pentium is normal. But if you use a good thermal paste like Arctic silver and good casing ventilation, idle temperature could be reduced to 47-49 degrees. My Pentium D 925 is idling at 47 and it goes to about 65 while under heavy load, like two threads of x.264 encoding.

If you really like to reduce your temperature. Get your self a Cooler Master V8 cooler. It is a 180W cooling solution . While your pentium is emitting heat at about 65W. :D

Another thing, your CPU usage also depend on the background programs and services you are running!
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:57 pm

You are not interrupting buddy. I've removed whole pictures. :) I don't have those in my machine too.
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:57 pm

Sorry for interrupting. I like my email address removed from those screen-shots
Removed from screenshots now ;)

Nipuna: Don't just delete the images as it may disrupt the other users who follow the topic.
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:01 pm

Sorry friend i knew it But i don't have time to edit them so I removed them.

Sorry.
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:08 pm

Sorry friend i knew it But i don't have time to edit them so I removed them.
If that is the case, do you think I have time to edit your pictures to correct one of your mistakes? :) I did it just because I always think about others...
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:21 pm

Sorry Neo. I knew that you will say that too.
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:03 pm

One thing I should tell you even this is out of topic. There is one thing I really like in you. You really try to do something by your own. There is only a few people with this quality. These people always think of possibilities to improve themselves in all ways. Due to that reason they don't have much time to waste on cinemas, bus stands, bridges, etc...
If one say he is free, then I know he is not that kind of a person. Endless, nightless, tireless working will bring you great wealth in future for sure. However take care about your health too. (And also try to help others as much as possible at least when you come to a good standard).

Good luck!
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:24 pm

I always take your advices Neo Thanks

Yes, I have to think about my health because, I am witch my PC for 16 Hours a day.
I start at 8 AM and Finish at 11PM or 12 AM. I stop my work only to eat and bath.

I must start some exercises. I am going to start exercises that help me to increase my height too.

Thanks

Return to “???????? ?????”