Network Card ?? ??? ??

???????? ?????
Chamith119
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Network Card ?? ??? ??

Post by Chamith119 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:33 pm

??? network card ?? ????? ???? ??? ???. ??? ???? ??? ?????? ????. line ?? ??????.pc ??? manage ?? network card ?? ???????? . ??? ?? internet ???? ?? . network card ??? bulbe ?? ????? ???????? ?? .

???? ?????? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Saman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Network Card ?? ??? ??

Post by Saman » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:32 am

Chamith bro,

It is really not too easy to test a network card as it can be due to several reasons. For example, if the cable is faulty or the other device (router or ADSL modem, etc...) is faulty, the network card can stay without lighting up indicators.

Check following points.
  1. Check the link lights on the router. Are they on?
  2. Open a Command Prompt (Start menu->Run. Type cmd then enter). Type ping 127.0.0.1 and enter. This will test to ensure that your TCP/IP software is working correctly.
  3. ping n.n.n.n - where n.n.n.n is taken from IPCONFIG. Windows assigns default IP addresses starting with 192.168.n.n (for private networks). This will test to ensure that your NIC card is working correctly. If it is not then re-seat (remove and assemble on another PCI port is preferred) the NIC card. If problem persists and you cannot ping across the NIC card then the card is bad.
  4. Perform an IPCONIG /RELEASE and then a IPCONFIG /RENEW in DOS to release the current IP settings and then re-assign the IP settings.
  5. Perform a TRACERT to see if it will hop across the NIC.
  6. Perform a ROUTE PRINT and view the IP Settings. There should be 7 entries.
If you find your card is faulty then I suggest you to buy a 3Com 100 Mbps card (Mostly made in USA) that is removed from an original Dell, Compaq or IBM PC. There are several shops that you can buy such cards for about Rs. 200/=. In my long experience these cards are long lasting than new ones sold by lowest quality computer vendors in Unity Plaza like PC House (Partner or whatever), Tech Information (Former Ink seller) who don't even know what they are selling :D
Chamith119
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Chamith119 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:34 pm

Thanks for the reply first, i tried some methods you described me

1. network card's bulb is not blinking/working
2. ping to 127.0.0.1 is ok, it gives results
3. but ipconfig is not working

i changed the network card to a different slot & it installed as well, I'm using a 4 port router, when i switch on the pc there's no activity in the router, seems to me that the card is gone???
Saman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saman » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:19 am

Network cards are very sensitive devices. According to the facts, it seems like it is malfunctioning as you said.

Replace with a 3Com card (Class A - Made with best quality semiconductors and comply with all standards) that was removed from a used branded PC. These cards are working for many many years comparable to new cards(Class C - lowest quality) available in Unity Plaza. Cheap as well as the best solution for anyone.
Chamith119
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Chamith119 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:00 pm

??? unity plaza ????? network card???? ?????.[800/=] . ??? ????? ????? card ??? cut 2?? ??????? . ??? ??? ????? ?? cut ???? ????? card ????.?? ??? bord 1 slot ??? ???. card ??? bulbe ???? ????? ???. router ??? LAN light ???? ??? .??? ?? internet ???? ?? .

?? ???????? ??? ??? card ??

?? ???????? ??? ????? card ??
Saman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saman » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:42 pm

Typical PCI cards present either one or two key notches, depending on their signaling voltage. Cards requiring 3.3 volts have a notch 56.21 mm from the front of the card (where the external connectors are) while those requiring 5 volts have a notch 104.47 mm from the front of the card. So called "Universal cards" have both key notches and can accept both types of signal.
PCI_Keying.png
PCI_Keying.png (73.82 KiB) Viewed 8860 times
So as long as your card fits the port, it is perfectly okay.

You need to check your IP address settings. Mostly the instructions are given in router's manual on how to set the IP addresses to work with the router. The most common setting is "Obtain an IP address automatically" and "Obtain DNS server address automatically" as in following image.
IP.PNG
IP.PNG (17.75 KiB) Viewed 8860 times
Some routers require you to set the IP address (Something like 10.0.0.1) and noted in their manual.

Let me know how it goes.
Chamith119
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Chamith119 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:29 pm

Hi
bought a new D-link card & installed perfectly, still it doesn't work, I've attached couple pf pictures, pls go thru them, there you find that subnet mask is 255.255.0.0, but it should be 255.255.255 (picture1)

also i noticed that there's no default gateway as well (picture2)

what can i do for this, pls advice, this is a headache for me now
1.JPG
1.JPG (88.53 KiB) Viewed 8850 times
2.JPG
2.JPG (89.64 KiB) Viewed 8850 times
Saman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saman » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:04 am

On network status window (your first image) click on properties.

You will get a list of services allocated to the network interface.

Click on Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and click on Properties button.

You can try two settings here.

Option 1:
As in my previous post, put ticks to "Obtain IP address automatically" and "Obtain DNS server address automatically".

Restart your router. After about 30 seconds, get network status again and see whether you are assigned with a new IP.

Even after 30 seconds, if your network card is waiting for a IP, then we need to manually set the IP/DNS (option 2).

NOTE: Usually DHCP server is enabled in the router. If this is not disabled then Option 1 should work.

Option 2:
Take your router manual and see its LAN IP address (This is usually 10.0.0.2 or 192.168.0.2). Note down the subnet mask as well.

On Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) properties, click on use the following IP address.

Set IP address to 10.0.0.1 (if router is 10.0.0.2) or 192.168.0.1 (if router is 192.168.0.2) or in similar fashion.

Put subnet mask as same as of your router.

Set Default Gateway to the IP of your router (ex: 10.0.0.2)

After that, click on "Use the following DNS server addresses"

Preferred DNS server: 203.115.0.46
Alternative DNS server: 203.115.0.47

Should work with one of these I'm sure.

Let me know your router model, LAN IP (as in manual), subnet mask and who configured the router.
Chamith119
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Chamith119 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:53 pm

Thanks for the post :)

I tried every single way you mentioned but I couldn’t connect to internet yet :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I think I forget to tell something, it’s a 4 port router (prolink hurricane 5204 / DFE-520TX) that I’m using, my elder brother is using the net thru a laptop with the same router without any resistance, at the routers back I found the gateway as 192.168.1.1

I switched off & on the router, then as you described tried with every way of manual configuration as well, still didn’t work, but my brothers subnet mask is 255.255.255.0 where mine shows as 255.255.0.0. Why is that??? I read the router’s user manual it shows nothing about the configuration

Since my elder brother is using DHCP configuration, will it work for me anyhow with manual configuration???

Hope you could give me a way overcome this trouble
Saman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saman » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:30 pm

Since you said that your bro is working with DHCP (Auto configuration), it should work with the same settings.

To confirm your bro is on auto settings, do as follows.

Switch on your bro's laptop.
Go to start menu -> Control Panel -> Network Connections.
Notice the network connection that appear as "Local Area Connection" with status "Connected"
Right click on it and get properties.
On the list, select "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)" and click on "Properties".
Take a screenshot and submit to ROBOT.LK (Alt+Print Screen, make sure the format is either JPG or PNG)

Notice whether he is on Auto or Manual settings.

Write down all the setting in a piece of paper.

Take the TCP/IP settings (as above) on your PC.

If your bro was on auto settings, make yours auto as well (so no further settings required).

If he is on manual settings, copy TCP/IP settings (as it was in his laptop) to your PC and increase the last number of IP address by 1. Take a screeenshot of your new settings and submit to ROBOT.LK.

Open a Command Window ( Start menu-> Run -> CMD (Enter) ).

Type "ipconfig", take a screenshot and submit to ROBOT.LK.

Then type "ping 192.168.1.1"
See whether you get reply (notice whether you get timeouts).

If you get valid replies, check whether you can go to internet.

(If the internet connection is working, then no need to submit the screenshots).

Return to “???????? ?????”