Moneybooker Account

Advertising area for ROBOT.LK members
Herath
Major
Major

Re: Moneybooker Account

Post by Herath » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:25 am

Thanks for the tip. I read that in an international forum, but never wanted to try.

I was thinking buying a Web card. But buying things off ebay hasn't been a problem yet since I have friend with a web card. All I have to do is ask him. Sometimes I pay when the goods arrive. :)

I might open another account at Sampath Bank if I want to make international payments. Can't risk using my main account for such things where funds for my education is held. :D
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:05 am

Neo wrote:First, I do not agree with this.
nt. Srilankan Debit cards are Restricted to Adding to accounts like Paypal,Moneybooker and Alertpay. Srilankan Central Bank Restricted them
I have recently added my Web Card (which is a debit card) to PayPal. You must have enough funds loaded to charge about $1 by PayPal. Also you need to call Sampath Bank Credit Card Centre and ask them the 4 or 5 digit PayPal code which you need to enter back to their website.

If I come to your current problem, I also think you will have to earn more money by doing some more projects.
I forgot to tell you Neo, We can't add the other cards Except Web Card. It is the Only card that works
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:11 am

Neo wrote:
I can not use my VIsA Debit for online purchases
This is not a Central Bank issue. You need to talk to your bank and get the card unlocked for international use. Your card seems only usable for local use. Most of the banks normally issue their Debit Cards as such for security reasons (can directly withdraw from your account unlike in a credit card where you can complain and stop the transaction). You will have to talk to the manager and ask to unlock for international use. At least this is the case at Sampath Bank.

I still think, using a debit card online that is linked to your main account is too dangerous. However Sampath Web Card is a real good solution for this (since Credit Cards are too restricted to take in SL).
Neo, I read about this on so many Elakiri Posts. Some of them had called to banks too, But they didn't work. That's why i told that. They are also saying web card is the only card that use. And Also I tried to add one of my Friends Sampath Visa Debit card to paypal and it didn't work like Elakiri Guys ones.
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:15 pm

I'm having very close contacts with Sampath Bank and I'm clear on this issue. Most of the debit cards they provide are locked for local use like Super Market purchases, etc... You will have to either request the manager to unlock the card or change the card to another type. Due to increase of card frauds, they had increased their security measures that resulted in these things. I have a Debit Card (and most of the other cards from almost every private bank :) ) and I use it to purchase things online without any problem. Do not keep your trust on forums (including what I say) for these things. Just go and meet the manager of Sampath Bank yourself.

Also, I think Web Card is the easiest thing to use online. You get an online account from Sampath bank. Open a savings account and link all the accounts including Web Card to your online account. So you will be able to transfer whatever amount you want from your savings account to Web Card/Credit Card 24/7/365 over a web interface from home without any need to go to bank. So if you want to buy something at night, you can transfer funds and in few minutes, it is will get transfered and you are ready to place the order with the Web Card. This is something that I use for many years.

Another suggestion is to ask your dad to get a credit card. Since he is a government servant, banks usually offer cards without any condition since they are the most trusted people for them. I only recommend Sampath Bank for high tech things like using the card online, etc...
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:57 pm

I have an Smapathnet account too so I can Link my web card to it. I mailed an Email to them to say them to do it. I know about the things you said.
But the problem is common so many elakiri users had this and they called the bank but the banks were unable to do that. They are telling that's the web card is the only working one.
I tried with my Friends debit card too it had the same problem. I didn't use my One ;) Because I didn't want to use it that time.

Return to “Advertising”