Want to design a flange coupling ...

Statics Topics
lasarpk
Corporal
Corporal

Want to design a flange coupling ...

Post by lasarpk » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:42 pm

Hi All ,

I want to design a cast iron flange coupling to transmit power from a electric motor to a ball mill.
rated power output of motor is 90 KW at 250 rpm. Both motor and ball mill shafts have made outof mild steel.
Can any body tell me how to design this please ?

basically I want folowing

1. Hub design
2. Key design
3. Flange design
4. bolts design

Thanks
Jane
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Want to design a flange coupling ...

Post by Jane » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:33 pm

We would love to assist you ;)
But before that, could you tell me your background a bit.

You might know that this subject requires a certain amount of knowledge in advance mathematics in mechanical engineering.
So we do answer to questions to suit your knowledge and background. It is quite useless for us to explain you things that you don't understand.

So the first thing is tell us about you. Based on that we will try our best to assist you one step at a time. Note that we will only assist you, you will have to do the thing and report us back so we move on to next step and so on....

Regards...
lasarpk
Corporal
Corporal

Post by lasarpk » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:06 pm

I have a diploma in mechanical engineering and familiar with basic principals in statics and dynamics
Magneto
Major
Major

Post by Magneto » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:28 pm

Dear Friend ,

Here is the detail design for Flange Coupling Step by step. If you have any problem with this solution , just drop it in
robot.lk. As robot.lk team , we are always with you for solving your technical problems.
1.JPG
1.JPG (40.67 KiB) Viewed 9221 times
2.JPG
2.JPG (61.67 KiB) Viewed 9221 times
3.JPG
3.JPG (51.97 KiB) Viewed 9221 times
Good Luck !
lasarpk
Corporal
Corporal

Post by lasarpk » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:02 am

Dear Magneto ,

Thanks for your very clear and step by step answer. I got the stuff. I was searching a solution for this problem in the Internet for last few days and unable to find any good one.

And by the way are you a mechanical engineer or electronic engineer or electrical engineer or control engineer or computer engineer ? :?
Because I have seen in the forum that you have given nice answers to the problems of all of those fields . :)

Thanks
Magneto
Major
Major

Post by Magneto » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:12 am

Dear Friend ,

My basic degree is from mechanical engineering and after that I did masters in electronics.
My most like field is control engineering. By profession I am a electronic engineer. :)

Return to “Statics”