java technology

C, C++, Visual C++, C++.Net Topics
symaniaxta

java technology

Post by symaniaxta » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:30 pm

What are all the java technology? i am a college student studying CS, what kind of road map i should follow to learn all the java technology so that i can get a job in a big company. could someone explain how are JSP, Servlet, JEE, JSE, JavaBean, all relate to each other, and are there other things?
SemiconductorCat
Major
Major

Re: java technology

Post by SemiconductorCat » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:22 am

Wrong forum anyway, This requires migration.

From my knowledge whatever the technology stack you use it doesn't matter at all.
each have their pros and cons. In CS you will have to learn common bundle of knowledge.
And you could capitalize that knowledge with the technology stack that you interested [java].
You won't be able to get technology stack specific experience when doing a CS degree, otherwise
in the final year project. I'm almost finished my BIT degree [pending for results] and I could
say that people who did their projects in java based tech stacks had obtained a good knowledge
through that project. Simply if you could do your own project or contribute to opensource world
in sourceforge or github and learn to read code and do modifications then your on the right track.

>> could someone explain how are JSP, Servlet, JEE, JSE, JavaBean, all relate to each other, and are there other things?

Wikipedia is the answer for this. There is a dedicated wiki page for each.

Learning a new programming language in undergrad or grad level is not a big hard task.
Specially after you complete subjects like "Theory of computation" or "Compiler theory"
courses in undergrad school. Because after that course you know how a programming language
works.

if you have a place to get some industry hands on experience then I suggest you to capitalize that chance
to the max. There's no worth going to a class for learning "C++" or "Java" for a undergrad student.
But some hands-on experience worth thousands. If can't find such then opensource is the alternative.

And if you have the question , How JSP works ? then it's all about asking it's architecture,[already explained in
that wiki pages]
http://www.tutorialspoint.com/jsp/jsp_architecture.htm
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: java technology

Post by Neo » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:11 pm

As Semi stated above, this is not an easy question to answer indeed. Java as a programming language aims at many fields of computer science. It is used as an application programming language as well as a web programming language (also scripting). I would like to ask you to follow the contents of this link which states many popular aspects of Java.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1459 ... needed-now

The main thing is to learn the pure Java language in my opinion which you will then be able to switch to other Java related categories and frameworks. Otherwise you will probably get confused.

Return to “C/C++ Programming”