Have you tried NetBeans to write C++?

C, C++, Visual C++, C++.Net Topics
Saman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Have you tried NetBeans to write C++?

Post by Saman » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:18 am

Hey guys,

Have you ever tried writing C++ code with NetBeans IDE. This is a wonderful experience. Though my best C++ IDE is still Visual Studio, NetBeans could be a good option to work with GNU apps. Worth to give a try!
nbc.png
nbc.png (122.17 KiB) Viewed 16620 times
SevenZero
Major
Major

Re: Have you tried NetBeans to write C++

Post by SevenZero » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:22 am

Ohh..yes... This is very nice. Two other candidates for the competition are Eclipse CDT and C++ Builder. Do you know that good old Borland C++ Builder is now Embarcadero C++ Builder? According to Wikipedia they took over this in 2009.

PS: another super competitor to the game. Nokia QT. You know when it Nokia, the quality is there.
SemiconductorCat
Major
Major

Re: Have you tried NetBeans to write C++?

Post by SemiconductorCat » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:31 pm

hell, I'm wrong in the previous,I'm really sad about my ranting...
Even it's written with java.
There are several arguments against using a virtual machine, the primary one being performance. One might argue that because a compiled language, like C, is executed using the native machine encoding, it will run faster. This is not necessarily true.

In 1996 I was discussing the merits of Java's portability with a coworker. The company had decided to rewrite its user interface and the entire business had split into two camps: C++ evangelists and Java fanatics.
--quoted from the book of Virtual Machine Design, by Bill Blunden.

But this virtual machine latency is clearly visible when it's doing class libraries. Do you know why? because Java classes
should be verified against a certificate and that code unfortunately is implemented using core java. It's not call
a native function and do it inside a native function. That's why Netbeans took a very long time to load.

In the other hand Eclipse also implemented using the java, but it does load class libraries dynamically, unlike
Netbense it was loading all when it's starting.

And another thing, does netbeanse C++ projects are working with ANT? it sounds really nervous to me because
I have spend many time reading the makefile documents and cmake documents and dealing with it. So no wonder
why the people like me are hating it upto some extent. believe me the old bosses who programmed to use GNU
build tools won't give up old conventional method of writing makefiles no matter what Nice Tool came.

And yes I have worked with the Netbense to write C++ applications, but not with this computer , my old computer
in nearly 2004. But at that time that computer didn't give a good performance to me , and yet I didn't tried it back.
So I restricted with my codelite, code::blocks , visual studio and in linux vi and nirvana text editor.

When I code using the cigwin toolset, I'm using the Notepad++ text editor(it's not opensource but it's freeware).
Nandika
Captain
Captain

Post by Nandika » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:11 pm

Hi Friends,
Yes..I have downloaded NetBeans IDE 7.1.1 from this link.http://netbeans.org/downloads/start.htm ... option=all and try to coding with C++. But,I have a problem. :?:

first i visited to http://netbeans.org/downloads/index.html and downloaded NetBeans IDE Download Bundles=All setup file.[size of it's 257MB].
But,
while i create a new C++ project,it give me a message with flowing describe.

No C/C++ Compilers Found.
No suitable compilers were found on your system.The IDE needs suitable compilers and other build tools in Oder to work correctly.
If your system has already compilers,but they not found.do one of the flowing.
1.exit the IDE,add your compilers to your PATH variable,restart your IDE.
2.Open the build tool dialog in Tools|Option|C/C++|Build tools and add your compiler to the setup.
If you already haven't compilers,do
3.Download and install the suitable compilers and restart your IDE.

Sorry,i cant give a screen shot of message.[it was appeared 3 time,but it's not appear now.]now nothing say.display according to fallowing images.
But,Java programs is work well.

Where am I found C/C++ compilers and build tools in my system?
Before install i had installed VisualStudio.NET 2010 with C++.can i give it's compiler for NetBeans?

[attachment=2]Choose Project.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=1]When Build copy.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]web.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
My Download location from http://netbeans.org/downloads/index.html
My Download location from http://netbeans.org/downloads/index.html
web.jpg (333.06 KiB) Viewed 16488 times
After give Guild command.
After give Guild command.
When Build copy.jpg (144.79 KiB) Viewed 16488 times
In choose Project dialog.
In choose Project dialog.
Choose Project.jpg (184.21 KiB) Viewed 16488 times
SemiconductorCat
Major
Major

Post by SemiconductorCat » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:24 pm

see here.
http://netbeans.org/community/releases/ ... tions.html

I suggest you to install cygwin if you want to deal with the open source development. Mingw is also better ,but
it lacks some tools.

>> .can i give it's compiler for NetBeans?

I never tested this yet. Probably you could.
http://netbeans.org/kb/docs/cnd/toolchain.html
But this is a long process, you need to write your own descriptor or modify an existing one.
Good luck with this, that's what makes you a geek.

Netbeans supports both cygwin and Mingw and have a default descriptor for them, so just by
referring to the first link you could easily configure it.
Nandika
Captain
Captain

Post by Nandika » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:25 pm

Thank you Sandun for your reply,
but,i couldn't do you said.because,my internet connection is unstable. :cry:
i tried to download Cygwin two times,it didn't complete.
please can you give a link with other C/C++ compiler?
or,
say me,
download Sygwin from another computer and copy my C:/ drive.
is this system possible?

Thank
SevenZero
Major
Major

Post by SevenZero » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:04 pm

Before install i had installed VisualStudio.NET 2010 with C++.can i give it's compiler for NetBeans?
Nandika,
If you have C++.Net, you can do everything with that on Windows. It is the best C++ IDE on planet earth. VS.Net IDE is shared by many famous professional grade development platforms such AVR Studio. I highly recommend C++.Net with VS.Net environment to you. Don't worry about open source of Linux for now. Once you know C++, you can switch to other platforms but I'm sure you'll understand that VS.Net is the best IDE on planet earth.
Nandika
Captain
Captain

Post by Nandika » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:32 am

Hi ZevenZero,
SevenZero wrote: If you have C++.Net, you can do everything with that on Windows. It is the best C++ IDE on planet earth.
You are correct.VS.NET IDE is better than NetBeans IDE for C++ programming.
I visit to NetBeans web site,it more support Java programming than C++.
C++ programming was a little piece of NetBeans.AS,i think.

I decided to use VS.NET IDE for C++ programming. till,i get more knowledge about C++.But,i like to open source. :)

However,
I want to know,must I install C++ compiler for NetBeans IDE before Using C++ with NetBeans?
is NetBeans only a IDE?don't it include any[Java,C++,PHP...] compilers?this is only for my cognizance.
Thank you ZevenZero
SevenZero
Major
Major

Post by SevenZero » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:59 pm

If you download and install a NetBeans bundle that comes with C++ compiler plugin, you need to then install and configure CygWin compiler.
  1. Download the Cygwin setup.exe program by clicking the Install or Update Now! icon in the middle of the page.
  2. Run the setup.exe program. Accept the defaults until you reach the Select Your Internet Connection page. Select the option on this page that is best for you. Click Next.
  3. On the Choose Download Site page, choose a download site you think might be relatively close to you. Click Next.
  4. On the Select Packages page you select the packages to download. Click the + next to Devel to expand the development tools category. You may want to resize the window so you can see more of it at one time.
  5. Select each package you want to download by clicking the Skip label next to it. At a minimum, select gcc-core: C compiler, gcc-g++: C++ compiler, gdb: The GNU Debugger, and make: the GNU version of the 'make' utility.
  6. Now add the Compiler directory to your path:
    1. Open the Control Panel (Start > Settings > Control Panel) and double-click the System program.
    2. Select the Advanced tab and click Environment Variables.
    3. In the System Variables panel of the Environment Variables dialog, select the Path variable and click Edit.
    4. Add the path to the cygwin-directory\bin directory to the Path variable, and click OK. By default, cygwin-directory is C:\cygwin. Directory names must be separated with a semicolon.
    5. Click OK in the Environment Variables dialog and the System Properties dialog.
Nandika
Captain
Captain

Post by Nandika » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:12 am

Thank you ZevenZero,
I did this steps till downloading.but,i failed in downloading.because,my internet connection is slow/unstable.it's ok.
I using VS.NET IDE now for C++ programming. :D

Return to “C/C++ Programming”