C++ And Other Problems

C, C++, Visual C++, C++.Net Topics
Nipuna

C++ And Other Problems

Post by Nipuna » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:34 pm

Hello Buddy Sorry I ad to disturb you again. And This is the Best Topic I could Remember

I really need to ask this that's why i am asking.

Here is a Recent post I made

https://robot.lk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2365

I am Learning C++ these days from the Tutorial you Gave Me. Because BIT semester 2 Subjects haven't posted on VLE yet when they have I will start them and I would have to stop C++ and start Java since Semester 2 starts Java,

And I am trying to Finish the Tutorial before that. As G-sparkz told me, Semester 2 subjects will be posted at the End of April.

My Problem is, Do I have to Remember everything that is in the Tutorial ? I think it is Impossible.

Please Tell me what did you do to catch up the Languages very well when you are in Campus and when you were doing self studies ? I like to know. Because I can do as you Did.

And Is Self study Good? According to my Memory You told me, 90% of learning you we have to do by ourselves even if we are in Campuses. So It means even we follow a Course we must self study? Am I right?

One Person I know who has done SCJP and CCNA who is doing a Government Job related to IT Told me that in BIT or any Degree they only Give basic Knowledge and It isn't enough Is it True?
And He also told me BIT or any degree don't give Knowledge as Much as SCJP and CCNA,
And Also Told me We can't get Knowledge as Much as SCJP by doing Self Studies.
I don't trust Him, Because I know you only did your Degree and self studies. And You are the Best Tech Guy I know.

Please Fill me Up with Clear Details About These. And Tell me can I get Full Knowledge from Self Studying Languages? One Good Example i Know is Herath He told me He learned C++ by himself and even didn't go to lectures of SLITT when there is C++ lectures. And He told me He has Class B for C++.

Sorry for Taking your Time.

Thanks
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: C++ And Other Problems

Post by Neo » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:45 pm

I am Learning C++ these days from the Tutorial you Gave Me. Because BIT semester 2 Subjects haven't posted on VLE yet when they have I will start them and I would have to stop C++ and start Java since Semester 2 starts Java,
I suggested you to learn Java straight away. I guarantee that you'll be able to use C++ or any other language if you learn one language perfectly. Since it is useful for you to learn Java for BIT, I think you should only concentrate 100% on learning Java.
And I am trying to Finish the Tutorial before that. As G-sparkz told me, Semester 2 subjects will be posted at the End of April.

My Problem is, Do I have to Remember everything that is in the Tutorial ? I think it is Impossible.
If we can remember everything then this world would have been a different place :) . Obviously we can't remember everything. But we need to clearly understand the concepts so whenever we need to design something, you'll remember those automatically.
Please Tell me what did you do to catch up the Languages very well when you are in Campus and when you were doing self studies ? I like to know. Because I can do as you Did.
I started to learn programming when I was 11. So I knew how to program long time before I entered to university. In other words you don't want to go to a university to learn programming. It is that how much effort you put because of your interest.

The best way to learn programming is to write 1000s of programs. I remember I have written a small game with 2D graphics using Sinclair basic when I was about 13. I had to learn quite a lot of things to do that. Whenever you know what need to be done it is easy to gain required knowledge. So write 1000s examples based on what you learn.
And Is Self study Good? According to my Memory You told me, 90% of learning you we have to do by ourselves even if we are in Campuses. So It means even we follow a Course we must self study? Am I right?
Yes, self study plays a vital role in learning. It is good to have guidance from a teacher/lecturer. But you need to work yourself to understand that 100%.
One Person I know who has done SCJP and CCNA who is doing a Government Job related to IT Told me that in BIT or any Degree they only Give basic Knowledge and It isn't enough Is it True?
Those are just certificate courses. I will never employee a developer with any of those without a basic degree. Those certificate comes under Professional Qualifications. Not under Educational Qualifications.
And He also told me BIT or any degree don't give Knowledge as Much as SCJP and CCNA,
SCJP is about Java. CCNA is about Cisco based networks. Only with those, they can't do software modelling/designing. They can't even use another language like C++ or PHP.

BIT is a degree given by a recognized university fully owned by the government. And the knowledge it gives is to make a software engineer. Not a technician.
We never call a person with SCJP/CCNA an engineer without a basic degree.
And Also Told me We can't get Knowledge as Much as SCJP by doing Self Studies.
SCJP is a structured course. Just like other courses it gives a guideline to study Java systematically rather than learn what we want from here and there. So SCJP is better than self studying only if you are not doing BIT.
But since you do BIT + self study, this combination can't even reached by SCJP guys.
I don't trust Him, Because I know you only did your Degree and self studies.
According to the information he has given, it seems that he doesn't know anything about the job market. He doesn't seem to know the difference between an engineer with a degree and a technician with a certificate. Don't get angry with him. Just try to explain him and ask him to do a degree as well.
can I get Full Knowledge from Self Studying Languages? One Good Example i Know is Herath He told me He learned C++ by himself and even didn't go to lectures of SLITT when there is C++ lectures. And He told me He has Class B for C++
I remember I told you this before. Systematic learning is highly required here. If there is no guidance from a lecturer/teacher, then you can use a book or a tutorial and follow all parts without missing one part. If there are difficult parts, then you need to refer other resources and study further. In simple terms, self study with a guidance like a eBook is very good as long as you cover all parts without missing any.
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:58 pm

Thanks Friend Now I got Another Kick from you. :)

But I have another Problem. I learned C++ till "do loop" with the Tutorial you Gave Me. And it is Easy for Me than Java.

I studied from the "Java 2 Complete Reference" for a little bit but it isn't like the C++ tutorial it is Bit Complicated.

SO to Study Java tell me a Good Tutorial that I can follow easily like the C++ Tutorial. but not "The Java Handbook" because there is no way to find an Ebook of "The Java Handbook". Tell me another that I can Find out Easily and Refer Easily

Thanks Friend.
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:55 am

Here is a good tutorial.
java.pdf
(2.31 MiB) Downloaded 397 times
It would be easier for you if you use either NetBeans or Eclipse. I recommend NetBeans for you since Eclipse is bit hard to handle for a beginner.
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:03 am

Thanks a Lot Buddy :)

I will start Learning from the Tutorial Today.

And I have already installed Netbeans, You told me to do so so many days Ago.

Thanks
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:33 pm

I studied up to 63 page of the Tutorial.

And I didn't get any problem because those were very similar to C++ and I got them all.

But 63 page onward it started to teach Object Oriented Things in Java and those were not well explained and I didn't understand any. :(

I've Downloaded Sams Teaches Yourself Java in 21 Days (5th Edition ) Is It a Good one to continue?

How can i understand those Concepts of That Tutorial ? They were not clearly Explained but pages before 63 explained concepts very well.

Please Help :(
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:22 am

First thing is you need to ask all Java related questions under Java category (Not under C++) ;)

Another thing is you can use the Computer Science section now with extra care on submitting questions to the right category.

Back to your problem now....
I think I have explained you before. Java is 100% an object oriented programming language. (Since C++ can be used to either write Objects or sequence, it is not considered a 100% OOP language). So to understand Java perfectly, you will have to understand OOP concepts perfectly and how to use them to solve real world problems.

See we have given you some help to understand OOP here. See Object Oriented. See how difficult it is to find a topic when put a bad name. If the heading was "What is Object Oriented Programming" then you would have searched it faster. Anyway, you may have already forgotten that you asked this question before. Follow everything carefully and understand the concept and then continue from the page you have stopped.

When you write few classes on few real world examples, you will learn all those concepts quite easily.
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:59 am

Thanks Friend. I remember I asked this Before but i asked again because i could get an answer related to Java,

It's OK i will read that thread and then try to understand
SemiconductorCat
Major
Major

Post by SemiconductorCat » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:15 am

you telling java is harder than C++ or other way around because you didn't yet seen a real industry code base.
neither me , that's how I flailed on my job, i just need to ramp up my coding/programming skills.

we can't compare the languages like that.

For server side applications we use java, and it's very advantageous to use java for that kind of applications.
and C/C++ when we writing standalone programs,which me need to meet the speed.

I just did SCJP on java and I don't have much more experience on java at all. But I found debugging java
is quite easy when compared to C++. Swing /Awt documentation is more organized and completely object
oriented when compared with win32 API or xlib. may be because I learn java before C++ made me to think
into the object oriented.

Java or other object oriented language won't be difficult if you well understood the object oriented concepts.

And I have already done the BIT Programming I and II subjects , the only subject that I have failled in Y2 is
Project management , I have to take it back next year.I'll see what I can do for you as I can remember java
things.
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:25 am

Thanks friend.

Good to have another BIT student here.

Now I like Java and finally I was able to catch the OOP parts. As I said about in here. https://robot.lk/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=2710&start=10 First I even didn't have an idea what is OOP I read lot of Expertcore posts and websites. And got help from a online friend of mine who is Computer Science student at UCSC. His name is Madhawa.
I don't know how, reading a lot and thinking about OOP a lot finally I got the idea what is OOP. But I still can't figure out how I was able to understand it(As I said before may be reading and thinking :) ). I was able to catch basic OOP parts in about 4 days.

After learning basic of OOP now OOP things are not hard that much.

Sure I will really ask questions. I always ask all of my questions in ROBOT.LK ;)

By the way, How did you learn Java self study or did you join a class? I did all computer things this much by self study.

Thanks friend

Return to “C/C++ Programming”