C, C++, Visual C++, C++.Net Topics
Nipuna

C++ Programming Talk

Post by Nipuna » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:28 pm

Let's Talk Problems and Everything About C++
Nipuna

Re: C++ Programming Talk

Post by Nipuna » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:03 pm

I want to Learn GUI programing After this Tutorial. That means Making windows, text boxes and so on.

C/C++ Tutorial for beginners

I want to learn GUI programing from the beginning. Please Give me a Good tutorial

Thanks
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:45 pm

Nipuna wrote:I want to Learn GUI programing After this Tutorial. That means Making windows, text boxes and so on.

C/C++ Tutorial for beginners

I want to learn GUI programing from the beginning. Please Give me a Good tutorial

Thanks
Please help me
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:32 am

For Dv C++, you can use wxWidgets. As you can see there are many tutorials for using GUI with Dev C++.

If you have Microsoft Visual C++, you can straight away move in to GUI programming.

If you have Visual C#, then GUI is a piece of cake :lol:
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:25 am

Neo wrote:For Dv C++, you can use wxWidgets. As you can see there are many tutorials for using GUI with Dev C++.

If you have Microsoft Visual C++, you can straight away move in to GUI programming.

If you have Visual C#, then GUI is a piece of cake :lol:
I have Dev C++.
Herath
Major
Major

Post by Herath » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:59 pm

Running in to GUI development... :D

Nice GUIs attract everyone. In the old days, you would use native win32 APIs (like CreateWindow ). But today, things are different. There is a new layer between the Operating Systems native APIs and the APIs that developers use. Since modern computers are faster, this additional layer does not have lot of performance penalties. So if you want to create nice GUIs easily, I recommend that you learn .NET, if you could master one .NET class in one language(VB, C#, C++ etc), then using it in another language is not a big difference. And I use Visual Studio 2008 for that.

If you want to do GUI apps for linux, there are lot of tools. But I haven't tried any.
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:01 pm

Herath1 wrote:Running in to GUI development... :D

Nice GUIs attract everyone. In the old days, you would use native win32 APIs (like CreateWindow ). But today, things are different. There is a new layer between the Operating Systems native APIs and the APIs that developers use. Since modern computers are faster, this additional layer does not have lot of performance penalties. So if you want to create nice GUIs easily, I recommend that you learn .NET, if you could master one .NET class in one language(VB, C#, C++ etc), then using it in another language is not a big difference. And I use Visual Studio 2008 for that.

If you want to do GUI apps for linux, there are lot of tools. But I haven't tried any.
I am using Dev C++, And I saw there are GUI examples in Dev C++'s installation folder. And I want to learn code like that as examples without any additional software.

Thanks
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:39 pm

I don't run Dev C++ at the moment. It is the best free C++ IDE I know.

If you have example projects for GUI, the best thing is open the projects and run them. After that do little changes to the code and run until you realise what those do. Later on, add some more controls like buttons, text boxes and try to add coding for them. This is the adhoc way to learn coding through examples. As long as it is not a disk format example, you are safe to do any change you want :)

Also, GUI is not the first step to learn coding. Better you move on step by step otherwise you'll miss quite a lot of concepts. In addition to the previous tutorials, I found another at http://www.learncpp.com/ which seems quite good as well. Learn all these thing step by step and finally you can come to GUI and so on.

Good luck!
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:42 pm

Neo wrote:I don't run Dev C++ at the moment. It is the best free C++ IDE I know.

If you have example projects for GUI, the best thing is open the projects and run them. After that do little changes to the code and run until you realise what those do. Later on, add some more controls like buttons, text boxes and try to add coding for them. This is the adhoc way to learn coding through examples. As long as it is not a disk format example, you are safe to do any change you want :)

Also, GUI is not the first step to learn coding. Better you move on step by step otherwise you'll miss quite a lot of concepts. In addition to the previous tutorials, I found another at http://www.learncpp.com/ which seems quite good as well. Learn all these thing step by step and finally you can come to GUI and so on.

Good luck!
I compiled examples and ran them. but I want to change the code as you said but i don't know how to code text boxes and others.

Can you Put a simple GUI window code with close button here? I mean a simple window with close button. I will ask later about Minimize and Maximize Buttons.

Thanks. And very Appreciate your Help.
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:56 pm

Sorry, I don't use Dev C++. I use VC++ 6 and C++.Net. You'll have to find a good example project that runs on Dev C++.

However, I'm wondering whether it is good to move to GUI before completing the first parts of the tutorial. GUI is the final bit. Start learning the concepts from the beginning. Finally you can come to GUI with some help from a good IDE like VC++.

Return to “C/C++ Programming”