Learn C

C, C++, Visual C++, C++.Net Topics
Nipuna

Learn C

Post by Nipuna » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:58 am

I want to learn C Step by step from the beginning. Please help me.
If you can please give me a free ebook to download. If you can please help me to learn in sinhala language.
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Learn C

Post by Neo » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:04 pm

Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:42 am

Could you Please Tell me about C also.
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:19 pm

C and C++ has fewer things in difference. C was used from late 60 to 90 and after that it is C++. So whenever we refer C, we refer C++ just because we use the same C++ compiler.

If you don't use the object oriented programming concepts in C++ when coding, your code will be 100% equivalent to a C code.

In embedded programming, C/C++ is used with the same syntaxes as there will be fewer use in OOP concepts. In simple terms, there will be almost no difference in C/C++ for you when start learning other than the file extension .C and .CPP.

One important advise to you... You seems confused in trying to grab everything in the world of computers. It ranges from Data Structures & Algorithms to Artificial Intelligence or Neural Networks. Nobody can professionalise everything. So you need to do a little diploma that covers the basics to find your field(s) of interest and then do a professional course to advance your knowledge. As I always say to starters like you, it is the concepts that you need to learn not the application. When it comes to programming languages, when you know the theory of Programming Languages and Compiler Theory perfectly, you can switch to any language you want.

However the field of expertise comes with years of experience working in such projects. This is the reason of asking the first question as "How long you are working in the field" in a software job interview. Your qualifications only comes next.

In other words, passing the database subject or having a book doesn't mean that you can make a good database system. It just means that you can give a start. If you know the Database theory perfectly, you can use Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL or any other database system. When you work for years with them, you will be a professional who can handle anything. Knowing just to create a MySQL database doesn't mean that you know about database theory.

So learn one thing at a time. Switch only when you decide that you are not interested with it. Just as moon lights the worlds more than thousand stars.
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:51 pm

I don't have time these days. But after my A/L exam and then i will get free time then Can i Learn every thing about C from this book.
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:56 pm

Yes. It will give you a good start. But as always, it is up to you to make things practically happen with it. :)
Face
Major
Major

Post by Face » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:13 pm

CAN YOU START FROM BEGINNING TO TEACH ...

I DON'T KNOW LEAST BASICS????

SOO PLEASE HELP ME....
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:30 am

Okay, Here are the steps to start.

Step 1: Download Dev C++ - Nice and free C++ IDE with compiler/linker, etc... from http://www.bloodshed.net/dev/devcpp.html or http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/dev- ... _setup.exe
If you already have Visual Studio.Net 2005/2008 or Visual C++ 6, then you can easily jump in to next steps.

Step 2: Install and run the application

Step 3: Download a copy of C/C++ Tutorial for beginners and follow the instructions from the beginning. You can also refer to the Documentation of Dev C++ and there are some valuable tutorials for beginners.

When you start doing it, if you are stuck in codes, you may submit here so I would be happy to help you as much as I can. (only thing is no caps in posts, right :D )
Face
Major
Major

Post by Face » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:43 pm

Okey..

I got C++ 5 BETA
Now these days I'm studding that .PDF you gave & that articles ;)

NO CAPS FROM TODAY>sorry.,what happen in the past
gougou
Corporal
Corporal

Post by gougou » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:14 am

Neo wrote:Okay, Here are the steps to start.

Step 1: Download Dev C++ - Nice and free C++ IDE with compiler/linker, etc... from http://www.bloodshed.net/dev/devcpp.html or http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/dev- ... _setup.exe
If you already have Visual Studio.Net 2005/2008 or Visual C++ 6, then you can easily jump in to next steps.
I already have Visual C++ 2008. Can I use it?

Return to “C/C++ Programming”