Broken Angel - ARASH

Discussions related to world of music...
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Broken Angel - ARASH

Post by Neo » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:04 pm

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-whp15J2n_M[/media]
Herath
Major
Major

Re: Broken Angel - ARASH

Post by Herath » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:17 pm

I was just trying to understand what the song tries to say. Looks like the thoughts of a neglected wife. But I do not see that husband deliberately neglecting her. She is not trying to be a part of the family and seem to think only about sex. :)

This is what will happen if we believe that life, marriage are so perfect like fairy tales. :D

Anyway, I like the song and the melody. But not the message it carries (from what i understand).
Face
Major
Major

Post by Face » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:42 pm

agree with herath :P
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:01 am

I love the melody as you do, but I didn't follow the lyrics much. However according the music video, it is about a wife who had a first love with a boy who lost his life due to an accident. And in her dreams, he is coming and reminding that tragic accident. She couldn't manage that and finally decided to suicide her life.

Herath, is that the meaning you got as well?
Herath
Major
Major

Post by Herath » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:03 am

Not exactly. The music video does not give that feeling to the viewer at first, because as all other music videos this one is also using sexuality as a marketing tool(most of the guys will love the video because of the girl in it, so perfect :D). She appears to be lamenting over a dead fiance But dwelling in the past is really not a good thing. :) . I am looking at this as my self. So I might not be so reasonable.
I found the persian translation here.
http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/persi ... angel.html

I have not been in love and really do not want to be at this moment right now. :D . I do not want that emotional stress yet. :oops: . So, do not blame me for being harsh. :D
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:23 pm

No. No worries at all. People should have different views. Otherwise this world would not be this beautiful. However there is something psychological we need to consider here. It's more than a physical thing. The point is that it is unstoppable for a person (girl or boy) to compare with his/her past relationships with the present one. Don't worry this is not always dangerous since people depart by hating each other (usually after exposing multiple relationships) :lol: If he/she had a past love with pleasant expereince, he/she would live an unsatisfied life until he/she realise the serious impact to present life. I read several examples on papers where wives/husbands left their family (husband/wife and few kids) to find his/her previous love. This is wrong, no argument in there. But this is a rare human behaviours which is present in the society. Another song came to my mind called 'First cut is the deepest'. I love the Sheryl Crow version. Let me find that for you.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gfw9OBxDFLk[/media]
Herath
Major
Major

Post by Herath » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:07 pm

I remember that song from a chart show at YESFM when I was doing A/Ls. :) . It's a great song.

Return to “Music & Albums”