Web hosting, SEO, etc... related
- Posts: 263
- Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:37 pm
Here is a quick guide on adding a sorting field to Magento shopping cart. By default, you will have "Best Value", "Name" and "Price". Say you need to add "SKU" to the list. Here is how you could do that.
- Go to Catalog -> Attributes -> Manage Attributes
- Click on SKU attribute
- Under Frontend Properties (on the first screen, at the very bottom) change Used for sorting in product listing to "Yes."
From here you have two options. You can either change sorting for few categories or you can change the config setting to effect on all categories.
Here is how to do it on few categories you want.
- Go to Catalog -> Manage Categories.
- Click on the category you want to sort by SKU.
- Click on the Display Settings tab.
- Under Default Product Listing Sort by, uncheck the "Use Config Settings" and then select SKU from the dropdown.
Here is how you could change the default setting to effect the entire site
- Go to System -> Configuration -> Catalog-> Catalog
- Under Frontend go to Product Listing Sort by
- Set SKU and Save Config
- Posts: 2728
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:02 pm
- Location: Deraniyagala,SRI LANKA
Wow so Good to see our Experts are using Magento
So I can get helps