4 Common Drupal Problems + Solutions

Web hosting, SEO, etc... related
Nipuna

4 Common Drupal Problems + Solutions

Post by Nipuna » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:00 am

I thought to post some common Drupal problems that I can saw when searching.

But I haven't got any problem in Drupal. 2 days ago I just installed Drupal without using any guide (by my self) and Drupal seems very light weight and fast. (after decompressing it's just about 1.5MB and when using Drupal it works faster than Magento or Joomla)

I try CMSes when I have time and and when I get a feeling to do so. :)

So here goes the problems and solutions I found online. I found this whole list in one site

Whether you are a Drupal newcomer or a seasoned Drupal ninja, you’re bound to run into one, some, or all of the issues outlined below. Some are obvious, some not so obvious, but I’ll show you how to troubleshoot them all regardless.

Some of these issues took a while to troubleshoot, so if you use Drupal as much as we do, make sure you bookmark this page for easy reference in the future. There is nothing worse than spending hours on a problem that can be solved within minutes with the right information (we’ve all been there).

1. Users with ‘edit page content’ access cannot edit simple pages

Chances are the nodes that the users are trying to edit have an input format that they’re not permitted to use. Try this:

Check the input format for the body field. If its “Full HTML” or “PHP Code” for example, and that user role cannot create content of that input type, they won’t even see an edit tab for that node. Either change the input format to one they can access, or grant access to that input format at: “admin/settings/filters”
Double check that their role has permission to edit that particular node type at “admin/user/permissions”

2. My client cannot see content he/she has created after logging out

This is likely a caching issue. They can see the content when they are logged in because some caching instances are based on user roles. Check the following:

Clear cached data at “admin/settings/performance”
Clear your browser’s cache
Adjust the “Minimum Cache lifetime” setting also under “admin/settings/performance”

3. Images within posts are disappearing after publishing the node

This is likely related to the “Input Format” (again). If the node is using the default settings, “Filtered HTML”, input format tags such as img, object, script, etc. will be stripped out. Try the following:

Grant the role in question access to the “Full HTML” input format
Create a custom Input Format that includes the tags you want

4. My theme (CSS/template) changes aren’t showing up

Is CSS caching turned on? If so, turn it off while your theme is still under development. You can do so at “admin/settings/performance”
If that still doesn’t work, try clearing your browser’s cache

If you’re using Drupal 6, you may also need to clear out the theme registry if you have added new theme functions or new templates. While you’re at admin/settings/performance, you can hit the “Clear cached data” button.

Return to “Web Related”