I Want to be a Web Developer. From where should I start ?

Web hosting, SEO, etc... related
Nipuna

I Want to be a Web Developer. From where should I start ?

Post by Nipuna » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:10 pm

If you have the same thought as we used to have when we started web development then you are at right place ! We’ll discuss various aspects of web development fro beginners in this post. Let’s start our discussion point by point :

1. Basics of HTML and CSS : The days are gone when we used to code CSS styles inline in HTML tags. So, first of all you should start learning basics of HTML and CSS together. The most common tags which you should understand are DIV tag , TEXT formatting tags, Margin tags , padding tags etc. If you learn the basics of HTML and CSS then from the various examples available over the internet, try to learn how do we INCLUDE pointers of Java Script files in the HTML files. Most Important thing is don’t use any inline styles in the HTML files.

Time Duration : 15 days * 2 hrs/ day.
Kind of works you can take : HTML/CSS validations , CSS formatting , Development of Static websites etc.

2. Basics of php and mysql : Have a look at basic structure (syntax) of php files along with the basics of mysql.PhpMYADMIN is the automated utility which is very easy to handle. Try creating a few databases , tables etc. You’ll find a number of good tutorials over the internet for the same.

Time Duration : 5 days * 2 hrs/ day.
Kind of works you can take : php contact us forms and error handling.

3. Photoshop: Start learning basics of photoshop. You should know resize of an image, removing background , use of layers etc. This won’t take too much time but will be very helpful.

4. WordPress : Install wordpress and check it’s file structure. Play around with its wp-admin area. It’s very easy to understand. Installation of theme, basic settings etc can also provide you some work. This is a most common web-software used for development of blogging websites.

5. PhpBB : It’s an opensource FORUM/Bulletin-Board software. This is the most common forum software used extensively across the globe. Developer-Community is very strong so you’ll get instant free support in case of difficult times.You should play around with the basic files. Once you become used to of this software, you can start taking up projects like customization of themes etc.

6.Java Script / JQuery: There are thousands of resources available over the internet for JS and Jquery. Image galleries, accordions etc are a few very common applications of JS and Jquery.

7. Ajax : Ajax makes your web projects more captivating. You should learn the basics of AJAX. A few applications of ajax includes LOGIN Form , Ajax-Chat, Ajax-comments etc.

Once you learn the basics of above mentioned seven components then you can start development of your fully loaded website.

Source

http://ommune.com/i-want-to-be-a-web-de ... d-i-start/

Return to “Web Related”