Virtual Graphics Card-Play latest Games without Graphic Card

Computer Graphics & Vision Topics
PraveenAlexis

Virtual Graphics Card-Play latest Games without Graphic Card

Post by PraveenAlexis » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:14 pm

http://whiteopal.wordpress.com/2009/01/ ... hics-card/

This sounds almost too good to be true,doesn’t it?

Many times we are stuck up with a system that just doesn’t provide enough juice to run the latest game…the result being-

you either spend a pot of money (atleast Rupees 3500 or 70$) for getting the latest graphics card
or you just read reviews of games like Crysis , Far Cry on gamespot and feel like a noob,fully knowing that your system just won’t be able to support it.
Take heart ! Here’s a wicked software with which you can beat 128-256 MB of graphics card requirements with a very modest 1GB DDR2 RAM.

The savior is 3D-Analyzer.Click to download.

What it does is,it uses a part of your RAM as Graphics card memory. For example,if you got 1GB DDR2 RAM,then it’ll use 128MB of it as a Virtual Graphics card,and the remaining 896MB will be used as a regular RAM.

Cool right….so you can Virtually emulate NVIDIA GeForce TI 4600,NVIDIA GeForce FX 4900 ULTRA,ATi Radeon 8500,ATi Radeon 9800 PRO.Follow the given procedure:

After downloading the software,first install it.

You’ll see something like this:

3D Analyzer-Starting Screen
Next,click on ‘Select’ option.

Select
Select FarCry.exe

Next step,select the options as shown.Note that i have selected the VendorID as 4098 and DeviceID 20400 as i want to select the ATi Radeon 9800 PRO graphics card(use the index provided in the screen on the right). Click on Run.Doesn’t matter even if you don’t save the batch file.Your ready to roll ! Please note that the .exe file is to be selected from the main folder,and not the shortcut present on the desktop.

I got Oblivion 4 and Neverwinter Nights 2 to work using this. For running Oblivion however,you need to install a patch called Oldblivion.Click to download and follow the instuctions on Oldblivion site.

For Neverwinter Nights 2,you need to tweak the stuff a bit.

Go to Start->Run->regedit.Then press F3 and search for hardwareinformation.memorysize.Click on the file,and modify the binary values to 00 00 00 08.This fools the system into believing that you have 128MB video RAM.Then select only the ‘emulate hw tnl caps’ option.Do not select any other.Select ATi Radeon 9800.Click on Run.

On Popular Demand :
Here is a video showing how to choose the settings for FIFA 09. The procedure is basically the same for any other game. The Vendor ID and Device ID are not properly visible in the video and are 4098 and 20040 respectively.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFTVvIhk ... r_embedded[/media]
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Virtual Graphics Card-Play latest Games without Graphic Card

Post by Neo » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:17 pm

Very nice indeed. REP+
PraveenAlexis

Post by PraveenAlexis » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:32 pm

Neo wrote:Very nice indeed. REP+
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:27 pm

Cool man. ;) Good for people that don't know about this :)

I've used this for 2 years now ;) This tool is great but doesn't work with some games. For some games only blank screen and for some there is no even the black screen.

By the way, You can play Far Cry without 3D analyzer, But there is a little problem that is in the game you can't see ground without this tool. Without this you can see only light blue ground instead of green and grasses :) But when i was playing Far Cry, I hadn't this tool and I completed all the missions without seeing lava drains that we find in a later mission. ;)

I tried playing Crysis with this but didn't work when i had G945 chipset, An old one isn't it ;) (I had 1GB RAM when i had this) Now i have G31 and Crysis works with it(Now i have 2GB RAM and Windows 7) I don't know is this the reason to work Crysis on my integrated graphic card. (You are using XP i see )

But you can't play Crysis nicely. So much Laggings,graphics are corrupted and can't aim well(because of this laggings, When aiming we can't get a clear shot. When shoot bullets hit ground and trees instead of enemies :) ).

I tried Far Cry 2 it won't work by any means. Not respond when opening with and without 3D analyzer. Halo 2 is same. It says "no enough resources".

There are more to this list but i don't remember now. ;)

Here is a game list that work http://crystalunicorn.wordpress.com/lis ... d-analyze/

By the way I've played Halo Combat Evolved. A cool game I've played. :)

There is a tool called SwiftShader, But it needs lot of processing power, but with it more games work than 3D analyzer. The only problem is when using it we get lot of laggings. It takes about 0.25 seconds to switch from one frame to another :lol: we can play almost any game with it if we have core i7 processors :lol: You know when we buy an i7 processor we can buy a Core2Duo Machine with a 2GB graphic card :lol:

By the way Good post Man :biggrin:

Rep++
Last edited by Nipuna on Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Herath
Major
Major

Post by Herath » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:29 pm

PraveenAlexis wrote: so you can Virtually emulate NVIDIA GeForce TI 4600,NVIDIA GeForce FX 4900 ULTRA,ATi Radeon 8500,ATi Radeon 9800 PRO.Follow the given procedure:
These cards are relics pal. :)
Modern graphics cards are way powerful than modern CPUs because of their parallel design. For an instance, the mid range Radeon HD6770 has 800 ALUs in it. And has Up to 1.36 TFLOPs compute power according to AMD site.
Memory bandwidth: 76.8 GB/s (maximum).

But, sure emulation might be possible for old ones. ;)
By the way, the title is misleading with "latest" in it. :mrgreen:
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:57 pm

Herath, you are correct. Not possible with latest ones such as Nvidia ones with CUDA architecture. Have you seen my post nVIDIA CUDA Resources?
Herath
Major
Major

Post by Herath » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:13 pm

Yes. But I did not look in to running code on GPU yet. I do not have a graphic card at the moment. The one I had died. And It was from GeForce 7 series and did not support CUDA. For CUDA, I guess that i will need a graphic card from GeForce 8 family.
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:15 pm

Neo wrote:Herath, you are correct. Not possible with latest ones such as Nvidia ones with CUDA architecture. Have you seen my post nVIDIA CUDA Resources?
I read this too.

When I see new games I always feel to buy a Graphic card.
Then i think
if i buy one i won't do anything except gaming" ;) So then i decide I won't buy one :). First of all I need to study after that i will think of fun ;) If not you would be a fool and have to regret for the rest of my life :|
In mind I say those to myself
Herath
Major
Major

Post by Herath » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:22 pm

Well, I am gonna go ahead and buy one soon. :D . Games are not all shooters. There are games that would help you to think differently. Have you played the strategic game series Age of Empires?. And Age of Mythology ?. They are just games, but if you do not have the brains you are going to loose. :)
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:34 pm

Herath wrote:Well, I am gonna go ahead and buy one soon. :D . Games are not all shooters. There are games that would help you to think differently. Have you played the strategic game series Age of Empires?. And Age of Mythology ?. They are just games, but if you do not have the brains you are going to loose. :)
I played Age of Empire I only little. :)

I like FPS games. Games like Far Cry,Halo and Crysis. I don't like strategic games. So if i buy a card i will definitely play FPSes and then there is no any Studies :) Even without a graphic card I've played a lot. ;) I bought a PC only to play games. Thanks to my graphic card i couldn't play many good games and then I interested in learning. ;) Without my graphic card I won't find ROBOT.LK you guys or anything just games and may be 3 Fs for A/L :)

Thanks a lot my dear graphic card :)

Return to “Graphics & Vision”