How to design a logo using vector graphics

Computer Graphics & Vision Topics
Saman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

How to design a logo using vector graphics

Post by Saman » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:30 am

If you happen to hold interest in the field of logo designing, you must have heard of the term “vector graphics“. The modern logo designing is hugely dependent on this hi tech logo designing solution. Let’s discuss about the basic features of this amazing technique of modern graphic design.

What are vector graphics?
If you are so perfectionist that you want your logo image to come with mathematics precision, you have to take help of vector graphics. It is a software program that is designed specifically for illustration and helps to draw lines as a sum total of various small points. A small number of points are there to connect the control points and these particular points are called Bezier curves.

The beneficial features of vector graphics:
* For a razor sharp precision and high quality graphics, designers prefer the vector graphic program. The images created with Vector look fabulous on monitors because of the high resolution. As a result, when you print the graphics created with Vector, they give you better printouts than the images created with other techniques like bitmap.

* Again, with the vector graphics you can resize the graphics more easily. You can reproduce in any size the image quality will remain same. However, the small errors of drawing may become visible if the image is enlarged too much.

* While in bitmap image system, the images are stored in pixilated forms as thousands of different colored dots, the vector images are stored as Bezier curves and points. Thus in case you draw a green triangle in vector graphics, it will memorize only the 3 pixel points of the triangle and assign the color in the field between these points. Thus vector graphics is very memory efficient system. The vector graphics images can be stored in EPS-file format and the file sizes are remarkably small. They can also be stored in ai or cdr file formats.

* The vector graphics are compatible with such vector based software as Corel Draw or Adobe Illustrator. One vector format that is fast becoming popular on the Internet because of its user-friendly features is Macromedia Flash.

* The vector graphics are also the basis of any 3D logo design program. It is easy to use—you can scrawl up any shape or scribble down any font or change any color with vector graphics.

There are two reasons why the modern logo designers can not do without vector graphics:

* The modern logos are destined to appear on all types of promotional projects—starting from websites to the bodies of company vehicles. As such nothing can reproduce the company logo in so many sizes without compromising on the quality as vector graphics can.

* The modern logo philosophy revolves round creating simple yet alluring logos without the use of complex details or too many colors. As such, it is the vector program that can give you the best up to date solution in professional logo designing.
Face
Major
Major

Re: How to design a logo using vector graphics

Post by Face » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:54 pm

Thanks for replying me brother.I am really interest in this section.I believe I got little ART inside me.:P.I use to learn this graphic designs with my heart.I mean I love to learn them.I read them in careful manner.Thanks for the basics.I will start my studies.(& will ask more question..in future)
Face
Major
Major

Post by Face » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:31 pm

Can any one give me some little help to download those software that I need to download.Post the links in here.

& saman I have little questions about the post.
user-friendly features is Macromedia Flash.
can you please tell me what this mean?Do I have to use flash for these designs?
3D logo design program
what is this?I search in wiki & some.But didn't got any clear simple answer.This may be interesting too.

& can you tell me about the formats That I should save or use in this designs(I use A.illustrator now a days )

Little help from you.Thanks

G-sparkZ
Saman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saman » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:57 pm

user-friendly features is Macromedia Flash.
Macromedia Flash is now Adobe Flash.
can you please tell me what this mean?Do I have to use flash for these designs?
2D logos are usually designed since the most important purpose is to print them on paper.
However for websites, it is good to have an animated 3D logo. Flash is usually a great piece of tool for this purpose.
3D logo design program
what is this?I search in wiki & some.But didn't got any clear simple answer.This may be interesting too.
I think I have given the answer in the previous comment. 3D logos with animation for websites and video advertising.
& can you tell me about the formats That I should save or use in this designs(I use A.illustrator now a days )
Animated logos are usually saved as SWF or GIF.
2D logos, PNG, JPG, BMP, etc... (Sources are usually kept in Corel Draw or Photoshop formats)
Kevin
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Kevin » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:20 pm

See https://robot.lk/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=1933 and https://robot.lk/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=1932
I think these are more than enough for you to start learning... :lol:

Note one thing... when you start earning money through these, don't forget to buy the software. It is always good to pay for what you get. Otherwise it is unfair for those guys. ;)
Face
Major
Major

Post by Face » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:24 pm

Thanks for the reply.
I will try to get projects still.But one thing in this field.They got competitions between the designers.That is the thing.I will try & try.One day I will win.Until I will learn & try for my future.
Thanks guys.
Face
Major
Major

Post by Face » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:18 pm

"design mockup"what this mean..?
Saman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saman » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:37 pm

Did I mention design mockup under this topic?

Anyway, in manufacturing and design, a mockup, or mock-up, is a scale or full-size model of a design or device, used for teaching, demonstration, design evaluation, promotion, and other purposes. A mockup is called a prototype if it provides at least part of the functionality of a system and enables testing of a design.

If it is web design mockup, then it would be normally a PSD file which shows how the site would looks like before any coding. This is normally requested before placing the order by clients.

Since the topic is about logo design, then I'm not much sure a mockup can be produced for that purpose since anybody can get the concept from it and work on their own. So I think it would be a set of sample logos they request in this case.

However, if you need further assistance on this, make sure you open a new topic. It is not right to discuss things that are out of topic and also make sure you put some meaningful heading so that I can try to help faster.
Face
Major
Major

Post by Face » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:13 pm

Sorry about the late reply.
Yes they are asking for some sample logos.I didn't send any PSD project files.I only send some JPEG images only.Because It is risky to send it before payments.(I still couldn't won any logo project.. :lol: )
I am still learning some facts about designing.Nice & clear answer from you brother.Thanks for the reply.
SemiconductorCat
Major
Major

Post by SemiconductorCat » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:33 pm

I don't know this is relevant here or not.
another important point is XML and easy to use web , and support for heterogeneity across many browsers and
computer platforms.

For a example .svg file is nothing more than a XML, so if you know little bit XML and XHTML then it's very easy
for you to handle svg. Something like this.

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE svg>
<svg width="220px" height="120px"
          xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg">
  <g>
    <text font-size="32"  x="25" y="60">
         Hello, World!
    </text>
  </g>
</svg>

save this as a something.xml and open it in the browser.

Return to “Graphics & Vision”