Share a great project Idea, please

Neofriend
Captain
Captain

Share a great project Idea, please

Post by Neofriend » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:37 pm

From my experience, learning is interesting but it all comes to life when you start focusing and make a project. That kind of learning is really useful, at least in my case.

So am going to start learning ASP.NET soon, I already know XHTML/CSS, Javascript, C, Java, C#, SQL, UML and adding more to my belt. Am really very interested.

What do you think can be a great web application?

or if you don't have any particular idea, what do you think a web application has which makes it great?

Thank you.
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Share a great project Idea, please

Post by Neo » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:46 pm

Unlike applications that runs under client machines and embedded processors, the opportunities to find a variety in web applications could be difficult. According to my experience, a system like an online store with payments gateways, etc.. will cover most of the theories in web development. Since you are doing it for learning purposes, you can start things from scratch. However what normally happens is, people use to modify open source codes for their requirement.

Also, I have a little question.... I'm not a person who's biased one technology or a company. I see advantages in both Microsoft and Linux :) So I'm not going to say that ASP.Net is good. But with php, I think there are lots of opportunities. I think I'm a bit biased to that as it is close to C, my favorite language (after Pascal and Sinclair basic). Since you have also a good knowledge in C, you might be also interested. Most of the popular open source codes are in php due to its power and flexibility. php itself is open source. In terms of servers, I have very bad experience with Windows Server. I only prefer Linux based OSs for servers now. Did you check php and ASP.Net side by side before choosing your scripting language?
Neofriend
Captain
Captain

Post by Neofriend » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:09 pm

Well, my friend. Am just starting with ASP.NET since I already know C#. With that, I'd definitely be doing PHP. So it'd be like ASP.NET then XML and then PHP.

And yes its for learning, but I want to make a practical application. Something that's great for learning and is useful too. Like on the software side, I worked over Complain and Inventory management system.

And frankly speaking am also biased towards php ;) - but i want to know both the worlds.... and when am comfortable, switch to excel in php.
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:36 pm

great

Return to “ASP & ASP.Net”