Light-Weight PHP IDE

Rksk
Major
Major

Light-Weight PHP IDE

Post by Rksk » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:38 am

Can anybody suggest me a cool light weight php ide?
I'm using an old pc [1.0GHz procesor, 384MB RAM, 32MB VGA].

Before I used notepad2 for php works. but i think it's not suitable for me now.

thankz.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Light-Weight PHP IDE

Post by Neo » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:58 pm

First thing you need to clarify is whether you need a IDE or a php editor (text editor with syntax highlighting).

If you are looking for a php editor, Notepadd++, Programmers Notepad and UltraEdit are good.

IDE are little bit heaver than editors. I guess you know they integrates syntax checker, code optimizer, debugger, run on the fly like facilities. Most of the phpIDEs come with HTML, CSS- and JavaScript editor as well.

Have a look at this article from IBM. Seven great PHP IDEs compared

Zend Studio
This is the most famous one. This was created by the original authors of php (if my memory is right).

NetBeans IDE

Eclipse PHP IDE - Heavy
Eclipse considered as the best open source IDE in the world.

NuSphere PhpED

Dev-PHP IDE
This is an open source IDE which is worth to give a try.
Rksk
Major
Major

Post by Rksk » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:08 pm

Neo wrote:First thing you need to clarify is whether you need a IDE or a php editor (text editor with syntax highlighting).

If you are looking for a php editor, Notepadd++, Programmers Notepad and UltraEdit are good.
I used NotePad2 since the day I told "Hello world" with PHP. It is the collest syntax editor in the world (as I think). Because It loads within a second on any computer and support for number of programing languages with syntax high-lighting.

But the problem is that, still I can't write php syntax with my own without any spelling mistakes. All of you know, I haven't any proper knowladge in php. Only learnt php with doing practicles. Also I don't like to read books wich have thousands of pages.

Now I'm going work on a somewhat complex project. So I thought "a PHP IDE will help me on the project". Anyway I'll give a try with above IDEs and reply with results.

Thank you.

Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:33 pm

Also I don't like to read books wich have thousands of pages.
Rksk, Higher education (after A/Ls) is all about reading books. So you will have to get used to it ;)
Anyway, after A/Ls, don't forget to have some fun. Because you will have to go in to stressful lifestyle as a software engineer and you won't get that freedom again.
Anyway I'll give a try with above IDEs and reply with results.
Those are not IDEs. Those just text editors with php syntax highlighting. IDEs must have built-in debugger, syntax suggestion like features which you won't find in a text editor. Also, if you are serious about php, I recommend you to start with Zend Studio or Eclipse. Both are very professional IDEs.
Rksk
Major
Major

Post by Rksk » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:07 pm

Neo wrote:
Anyway I'll give a try with above IDEs and reply with results.
Those are not IDEs. Those just text editors with php syntax highlighting. IDEs must have built-in debugger, syntax suggestion like features which you won't find in a text editor. Also, if you are serious about php, I recommend you to start with Zend Studio or Eclipse. Both are very professional IDEs.
I told about the IDEs you suggested.
I only wanted syntax suggetion function. Because it will very easy to code.

Anyway, it seems those IDEs aren't suitable for my pc. So I'll stay with my old friend Notepad2. :)

OFF TOPIC :)
Neo wrote:Anyway, after A/Ls, don't forget to have some fun. Because you will have to go in to stressful lifestyle as a software engineer and you won't get that freedom again.
:) I like it.
I have to run my brother's small electronic workshop after A/L. So i wont get any freedom.
Also I haven't much sure on A/L, because the Maths paper was a disaster. (It was too easy, but I unabled to answer it correctly, i don't know what happen in the exam hall).
Anyway I successed at the Physics paper. Chemistry is on tommorrow.

Return to “PHP & MySQL”