Responsive web design

Web programming topics
Face
Major
Major

Responsive web design

Post by Face » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:25 pm

Responsive web design

Friends I found this topic really interesting and great ! I don't know much about this or web design.. I learn these things as hobby and I am learning little things from internet.. If you are a web developer you may know about this well

this is about aligning web content like magic to fit the screen you use.. if you are using a mobile , or wide screen or what ever,,it fit to the screen.. I don,t know much about it.

(I am struggling with my ADSL limit.. sorry guys :( Hate this Unlimited package I have.. I will get active on this in next month That Is why short posted thread)
Nipuna

Re: Responsive web design

Post by Nipuna » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:58 am

I know a bit too :)

And responsive webdesign has a good demand in these days :)

I still couldn't learn much about it or work with it.

As I know there is another CSS file called "styles-resposive.css" or whatever which sets width, height and positions of the webpage according to the screen size which the website is currently viewing.

As I think this CSS code is used to make the webpage responsive.

Code: Select all

@media screen and (min-width: 480px) {

}
Let's see what our experts say :) I also like to gain my knowledge on this :)
Face
Major
Major

Post by Face » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:44 pm

Hey Nipuna !

There is no any reply on this topic ! :D May be no one is much more interest about this... Our forum is not much active with our friends
Enigma
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Enigma » Wed May 07, 2014 3:46 pm

Hi guys

I'm not much of a front-end developer. But there are several framework which you can use for this.

1. Twitter Bootstrap - http://getbootstrap.com/
2. Foundation - http://foundation.zurb.com/

According to my knowledge developing a responsive web application from scratch is not that easy. There are so much work and testings to be done. So I think its wise to use a framework. I have used only the Twitter Bootstrap. They have good documentation and its kind of easy to use. Also there are free themes as well.

Unfortunately I know nothing about the Foundation. Their site says
The most advanced responsive front-end framework in the world

One more thing. You can use twitter bootstrap for PhoneGap Application development as well. But its off topic. So I'll stop it from here.

Thanks
Enigma
julie

Post by julie » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:40 pm

Responsive web design is prepared in Bootstrap very successfully. The bootstrap allow inclusion of all extra small, small, medium, large and extra large screen gadgets that support internet browsing including smart mobile phones and tabs. These designs are very much liked and useful for business.

Return to “Web programming”