How to change colour/features of a link

Web programming topics
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

How to change colour/features of a link

Post by Neo » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:05 pm

There are many methods to change the colour of a link.

[*]Using standard html

Code: Select all

<a href="https://robot.lk"><font color="#009900">ROBOT.LK Forum</font></a>
[*]CSS method
With CSS you can do so many things in addition to changing colour. You can remove the underline if you like and give a different colour when mouse hover on it, etc...

You need to add this code somewhere in you html file. If you use a CSS file, you can add it straight away to that.

<style type="text/css">
<!--
a:link {color: #0000ff; text-decoration: underline; }
a:active {color: #00ff00; text-decoration: underline; }
a:visited {color: #008000; text-decoration: underline; }
a:hover {color: #ff0000; text-decoration: none; }
-->
</style>
Now all links in your html file will get changed to your setting (since you have made it common to all "a"s).

You can try following link to see the colour now.

<a href="https://robot.lk">ROBOT.LK Forum</a>

If you need just one link to appear in the colour you set, you can use following code.

<style type="text/css">
<!--
a.mylink:link {color: #0000ff; background: #ffffff; font-weight: bold;}
a.mylink:active {color: #0000ff; background: #ffffff; font-weight: bold;}
a.mylink:visited {color: #0000ff; background: #ffffff; font-weight: bold;}
a.mylink:hover {color: #0000ff; background: #ffffff; font-weight: bolder;}
-->
</style>
You can try following link to see the colour now.

<a href="https://robot.lk" class="mylink">ROBOT.LK Forum</a>
You can even define it without adding a separate CSS code.

<a style="color: #800000; text-decoration: none; background: #80FF80" href="https://robot.lk" >ROBOT.LK Forum</a>
Note that colour is define in 24-bit RGB hex format. i.e: color: #RRGGBB. Each colour represent a number from 0 to 255 (or 0 to FF in hex). You can use this Online Colour Picker to choose your html colour quite easily.

Hope you get the full idea now!
Face
Major
Major

Re: How to change colour/features of a link

Post by Face » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:26 pm

Thanks buddy.I got it.I finished my work.Thanks again
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:25 pm

Congratz :)

See freelancing is working for you.. Now you are one of the great citizens of the motherland. There are millions of money and never ending. Introduce freelancing to as much as people you know.

Good luck!
Face
Major
Major

Post by Face » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:55 am

Thanks NEO.I will introduce some people I know.I will not give information for all.Because I have some experience about such things.I wil tell one to you.
One day I told one of my friend to register in freelancing sites.(He has finished CISCO & doing a small job in Colombo.I don't know where)I told that I have earned 10$ now.You can earn than me.He told me that "Oh..I know about internet money.It is a lie.("???? ??? ????? ???? ???.?? ???????? internet ????? ????? ?????? ?????????? ???????? ?????? ???.?????? ????? ???????!)such like that.He joked on me.That I am doing a useless thing.Then I don't trying to help more people.I am trying to help that who needs help really.NEO bro I will do it.
Any way thanks for the help you gave me.
Thanks ROBOT.LK members.
Saman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saman » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:04 pm

I think you mean CCNA, right? that's the CISCO certification course. Those guys can configure CISCO products like routers, layer-3 switches and do network cabling. nothing more than that. I have very bad experience with them. They normally show a big picture, but in real terms they can't do anything creative. Can't even configure popular non-CISCO routers such as Quintum, 3Com, D-Link, Allied Telesis, etc... (However I agree CISCO is the best out of them).

Most of the routers can be configured over the Internet and those are expensive as $2000 or more. But nobody allows unknown people to login to their expensive devices which is a complete risk. Who is going to give a $20 job by taking a $2000 risk :)

So in simple terms CCNA and Internet money are not working together. I haven't met any network guy who found device configuration type work through freelancing.

Only introduce freelancing to guys who can do simple data entry to software engineering (that includes programming). So your friend is correct. He is useless when it comes to earning Internet money ;). Don't get yourself discouraged. Lets continue to earn.
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:01 am

G-sparkZ wrote:Thanks NEO.I will introduce some people I know.I will not give information for all.Because I have some experience about such things.I wil tell one to you.
One day I told one of my friend to register in freelancing sites.(He has finished CISCO & doing a small job in Colombo.I don't know where)I told that I have earned 10$ now.You can earn than me.He told me that "Oh..I know about internet money.It is a lie.("???? ??? ????? ???? ???.?? ???????? internet ????? ????? ?????? ?????????? ???????? ?????? ???.?????? ????? ???????!)such like that.He joked on me.That I am doing a useless thing.Then I don't trying to help more people.I am trying to help that who needs help really.NEO bro I will do it.
Any way thanks for the help you gave me.
Thanks ROBOT.LK members.
I had same thing with my Friends when I started to search about ways to earn money online. :) They told me it can't be done and fake.
After I found about freelancing and after i did works and got paid then I showed them my Master card and the things that I bought from eBay with that Money. :) Then They all wanted to start freelancing but because of their English they had to Give it Up.

Then I made a Blog and Added my Referral links with Payment Proof Pictures Without them it's hard to Convince people. Then I Made some Post on Elakiri. By that I got 48 Referrals. But only one is active and I think He wasn't a someone who came from elakiri, I think He came to my Blog from Elsewhere. :) and i've forgotten I have a very good referral He is G-sparkz. With He there are 2 Referrals Active. :)

Elakiri People only register then they are waiting until Jobs find them :lol: they are not bidding Only waiting until Jobs find Them. When they are not getting work they Give it Up. :lol:

Those are my Experiences.

Thanks
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:44 pm

Earnings through referrals won't take you anywhere than a cup of coffee. But earning through working by yourself on serious freelancing jobs will buy you a car. In other words, It is no point in wasting time on things which even can't cover your Internet bill. I know your talents. That's why I encourage you to learn programming. You have enough time ahead to start earning yourself. For now, your lovely parents will maintain you. But you need to understand, you must be ready to feed them in another 5-10 years.

So you know what to concentrate. Until you learn things, it is okay to have small some side incomes through these. But concentrate on learning things which will enable you to take some big projects and find good clients.

Honestly, I'm not sure you will understand what I'm saying in this age :D
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:22 pm

I understand you Neo, I will take your Advice. I like to learn Programing and i have a Dream that is to learn Programing and then Do a good Project Not just only for money Because i like to test my Self.

Thanks Buddy for advices
Face
Major
Major

Post by Face » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:44 pm

Yeah SAMAN bro,he is CCNA,I don't know about his talents.I don't like to test people.As you said many of them are always trying to show a big picture.true.I am doing my studies step by step.I don't have plenty of time to data entry jobs.So I am learning programming these days.Little by little.Because I am busy with my professional studies.I wish to postpone my freelancing for few months(Any way thanks saman,You are a good friend )

Nipuna,I was busy last days so couldn't do PTC.I will start today again.

@ NEO-You are great adviser to us brother.Honestly you are my programming teacher these days.I am learning C++ little by little.I think that I have to spend long time to learn it,Because I don't have much time to learn.But I love it,I will do it any how.
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:09 am

Do it When you Can Buddy.

Yes. Neo Is Our loving Teacher :)

Return to “Web programming”