Technical assistance & information for projects
Murdoch
Corporal
Corporal

Evolution of the War-Machine

Post by Murdoch » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:56 am

Screenshot_2015-08-28-17-21-45-1.png
Screenshot_2015-08-28-17-21-45-1.png (801.86 KiB) Viewed 7256 times
Hello, this is my first post after introductions.
I am very new to this kinda community and it all started from the desire to build a War-Machine armour.
At first I joined a prop building site and I began with EVA foam, I was quickly discouraged and moved on to Pepakura with resin. Again I realized that there were limitations with that as well. Steel is out of the question, but I thought about aluminum. So I followed that idea. I educated myself with metal casting and metal forming. Then a problem presented itself in respects to mobility. I want this build to boast a full range of mobility. Now that's why I am here. I hope to learn as much as I can about mechatronics to help me in this adventure. I will make an exoskeletal frame and have plates that attach, my reasoning for this is so that I can replace plates and or upgrade my armour. This will be a wearable armour boasting lights, sound and servo motors, and if I am right with my theory, camouflage. The pic is an example of what I am doing. I will begin with making a functional mechanical spine. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance...George
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Evolution of the War-Machine

Post by Neo » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:33 pm

I'm very happy to see someone started working based on the iron-man idea. I had a thought while watching the movie that this could one day be possible. With regard to materials and casting, it is a complicated subject as you have mentioned especially that involves die cast aluminium or any other metal. Making it lightweight and bulletproof at the same time is a real challenge indeed. Please keep us updated. Please keep us updated on the current progress.

Return to “Project Assistance”