a good CMS for business

Technical assistance & information for projects
iamAmi

a good CMS for business

Post by iamAmi » Tue May 22, 2012 5:02 pm

Hello everyone! I hope someone could help me in this problem.

I had my internship in a web development company before so I know a little about HTML, CSS, javascript, PHP, and MySQL. Now, I got hired in a raw materials company as an all-around IT staff. My superior demonstrated how he manages the company site. I wasn't sure what happened (because I wasn't looking at his laptop all the time) but all of a sudden the site's design went a little off. I'm guessing it's due to the content that he added in the database but I'm not sure. Also, I saw their CMS and it's quite, pardon the term, ugly. Like, it's a weak skeleton with a few veins and that's it.

But of course I shouldn't be staring there waiting for it to be fixed. I suggested that I might be able to fix it, if only I had the access to the FTP server and to the database. But my superior said I can't since it's the web development company (which is different from where I had my internship) that handles the system. I also called them but it's past 6pm, so nobody answered the phone.

So now I'm planning to suggest to get a different platform, and while we're at it, get a different web host as well since the tech support of the current one sucks. Anyone who can suggest a web development company that provides concrete CMS and good tech support? I think I'd prefer Joomla or Wordpress, but if you can suggest another option then it'll be a big help!

Thanks in advance! :D
TRONICLK
Captain
Captain

Re: a good CMS for business

Post by TRONICLK » Tue May 22, 2012 5:24 pm

Both Joomla and Drupal are very good for large scale sites. WordPress is very simple handle (comparably) and good for small and medium scale sites. As you said, hosting is a critical issue and after years of experience we have signed agreements with a two companies who really own data centers rather than reselling space. SKYTRONIC is a Sri Lanka based company with years of experience in the field of web development & hosting. Will PM you with details.
iamAmi

Re: a good CMS for business

Post by iamAmi » Tue May 22, 2012 6:10 pm

Thanks for the reply, TRONIC.LK.

I'm currently checking your site, and I'm glad to know that you're in the same continent lol. I'm still not sure though if we should avail your services. Aside from Joomla and Wordpress, what other CMS does your company provide?

Btw, I hope you wouldn't mind, but may I ask the names of the two data center companies you have agreements with?

Oops, sorry. I just realized you sent a message.

Return to “Project Assistance”