Re: 4th Dimension

Post by Neo » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:47 pm

Good to hear you make a move ;)
Rasanja
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Rasanja » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:13 pm

haha yeah :D but i still dont quite get the idea given in the 2nd video around 1:45-3:45 , Im still processing it :shock: haha and by the way , can you help me find some 3D videos and slides to make up this presentation (we are planning to make it more interesting by using 3D ... ) :D :idea: :idea: :idea:
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:25 pm

I would love to, but I doubt I will have enough time to spend on that. Let's hope other members can help you here.
Rasanja
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Rasanja » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:47 pm

yeah i hope they do , can please ask some members to help me out
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:37 pm

I can't ask each and every member to help you. That's not the way forums work. If someone is interested on the topic, they answer.

Science & Technology are two subjects that are going very close and parallel to each other. However science is based on mathematics and physics. Most of advance topics such as spacetime needs that background. Technology in the other hand can be named as a collection of scientific innovations. As a result the need of mathematics & physics knowledge to grab them is limited. For example, everything inside the computer is based on boolean algebra which is a part of group theory in pure mathematics. But people don't need to know that to operate it.

Okay, what I wanted to tell you is, people who are coming here are technology enthusiasts. They may or may not interested in science at all. It's up to them. So it's unlikely you get a reply from more than one or two guys who have really learned these stuff in university education (These not even taught to Engineering and CS. Only for physics).

One other point. I know you have PM me to find someone as well ;)
If you could better give a better explanation on what you really want, someone might help. Whoever helps you must know about spacetime I guess. 3D videos on child birth won't match ;)

Are you talking about 3D video that can only be viewed using 3D glasses? If you need this, the chances of finding is minimal. You might better try to record something by your own. This will give a real value to your effort as well.
Rasanja
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Rasanja » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:16 pm

well making 3D videos by my own in a short period of time is pretty challenging :(
3D videos on child birth won't match
hehehe thats right , i have to find some videos relating to the topic ,
but just so that you may know , we are not planning to just show videos ...its kind of an interactive session , where i'll be spending more time with the audience than standing still and clicking "next clip" :) ...... but how ever , we have to expect all sorts of people , so to keep them absorbed to the lecture ...i thought to put in a little 3D experience , plus they dont have to be long videos ........maybe while i give the intro about the other dimensions , a video of a cube ..... and some video to show the, "we see in 2D " theory ....and any other thing relating to the space time theory would do .... and should i make a new topic to ask for help on this ??? if so in what section ???
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:45 pm

Rasanja, my idea is, if you are going to talk about Time as the 4th dimension, only focus on spacetime theory. Otherwise not only you get confused, you will easily confuse everybody in the audience quite easily. May be you'll hear they whisper 'don't you think he is a nut fella?' :laughing:

So, my idea is, it is better to focus only on spacetime. However spacetime is an advance theory. You'll find only few people who really likes to hear on those. People who are coming to an exhibition expect to see something like a flying helicopter. If it is all about a set of lectures (which are usually considered a waste of time in an exhibition) they'll easily complain about the ticket price :lol:

Spacetime is a proven theory. You will have enough interesting things to talk about to make the audience standstill.

You can describe following topics:
Twin paradox
Spacetime theory (just read some books on this in the library)
Blackholes
Wormholes
Time dilation
Proofs to time dilation - Unexpected phenomena with Planes & satellites
etc...

30 minutes lecture is enough. Otherwise people will tell that nut thing to your face before they leave :laughing:
Rasanja
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Rasanja » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:45 pm

constructing of the 3D video is still going on .... but how ever , it seems that in order to start with the animating ,we need to know the size of the 3D display ... (width and the height to be precise ) , we are hoping to get a sponsorship from LG for the 3D tv , so they'l be providing the TV , the problem is they asked us to wait a bit more to finalize it ..we're getting a 50" TV but i need to know the width & height of this TV , since they've already asked us to wait , i didnt want to ask them ..
SO BASICALLY WHAT IM ASKING IS

whats the width & height of a 50" 3D TV ???? (Im assuming that every 50" widescreen TV is the same )
SevenZero
Major
Major

Post by SevenZero » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:24 pm

Approximate Dimensions:
Depth (with stand): 11.4"
Height (with stand): 30.3"
Width (with stand): 46.3"
Depth (without stand): 2.0"
Height (without stand): 28.0"
Width (without stand) : 46.3"