A new project

Technical assistance & information for projects
Rksk
Major
Major

A new project

Post by Rksk » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:49 pm

I have got a new idea while reading about Adsense and EMoney to earn some pocket money for my future studies & ect. Idea is going below. I know Saman will not agree with my works. :)

I drem to host a web directory with good indexing system. It will get a full list of page by reading sitemaps witch submited by site owners. Then index them Search engine friendly.

I have more ideas and i'll post them later.

Friends & experts, what do you think about my idea?

Don't missunderstand i'm not doing my studies. I thought and posted this while i'm in a bus.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Saman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: A new project

Post by Saman » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:03 pm

I guess you are planning on a web directory? In addition to the standard functionality, you are going to index content using the site map xml. This is the functionality of a search engine, isn't it? Instead of users, search engines have automated bots to crawl pages and index themselves. On what purpose you are planning to do so? How do you earn money? Do you think you can charge from people for indexing their site? If that is the case, when they have free directories such as Google, why do they have to buy a paid service. Let's discuss your expectations. They I can tell you whether there is any possibility to earn money.

If you can think of something which is not exists, I guess you can find an investor who will invest billions of dollars to buy your product (including you ;) ). That's how all these big guys came in to seen such as Google, Facebook, etc... I know Sri Lankans have that talent more that anyone. Just our people are lacking support.
Rksk
Major
Major

Post by Rksk » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:39 pm

You have misunderstood, it is 100% free of charge. i'm going to publish it among pleople who in US, UK, Canada & ect. I have to wait sometime while it gets good traffic from those countries, then i'll can put some ads like Adsense and earn something.

Yes, it's a web directory & it will have some new features like automatic indexing, show users a detailed report about the site, index webpages using their keywords and description. it will do something more than a normal web directory or a search engine. :)

Saman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saman » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:40 pm

Still not convinced on the financial plan. I mean there should be some special reasons for a visitor to come to your site.
What are the advantages it has over Google search & Google Analytics. Do you have a Google Analytics account? If you have, what features you offer more than that? We can't expect visitors when there are free services with lots of information.

The main point is, even you get 80%+ US, UK visitors, they are not fools to click your ads to give you something. Unless you have put proper and more importantly unique content, you can't expect good traffic.

I need to encourage you to think about something new. something which has not been done by anyone yet. If you create something like that, you can even sell it online.

You can of cause start working on your plan. But do not invest on it much until you see some success.

Good luck!
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:14 pm

Hi guys,

I also agree that aiming US, UK traffic to earn via AdSense is not a good plan. AdSense has mixed thoughts among local people. Is it possible to find a person from Sri Lanka who's paid from Google? I have never meet anybody so far from Sri Lanka. However I met some guys in UK who are running blogs with their own contents and earning through ads (But I'm not sure it is AdSense). It could be that they identify the user from the payment address and have a less tendency to pay someone outside developed countries? We need to find someone with a payment proof for sure on this.
You can of cause start working on your plan. But do not invest on it much until you see some success.
I guess only web space from shared hosting would be enough to start with. When more bandwidth/processing speed is required, with some revenue he would be able to move to a high end server.

Okay. First thing we need to do is, we need to find whether Google actually sends payments to Sri Lanka. I can tell you that I earn this much but without proof no one is going to believe me. As you guys were discussing under another topic, there are lots of people who like to teach us how to earn from Google AdSense. I wonder why they need to us to pay $$ to get those tips from them when they earn quite a large amount of $$$ from Google.

Secondly, we need to code it with some unique features which users can find only in our site and then deploy it on a fairly good server and see how it goes.

Since you aim AdSense as your source of revenue, everything depends on finding whether AdSense really pays to Sri Lanka.
Rksk
Major
Major

Post by Rksk » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:29 pm

Thankz Saman.

I know that Google gives best analytic service & we are unable to do more thing than them.

But I only aim to get more traffic from Search Engines. so i only have to put new & search engine friendly things. most of websites are not search engine friendly always. so i'm going to help them by indexing their content & linking to their pages. i'll put new conetnts wich crawled from websites with a good description about their content. we can put Ads among our indexed things & our visitors will click on ads if they interested on it.

also, i never try to build anything for SL Web to earn, because all of them always try to find things for free. even they don't try to help anyone to grow, only tries to disscourage others.

Rksk
Major
Major

Post by Rksk » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:33 pm

Neo,
I agree with you.

i'll find about adsense and post here.

Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:05 pm

Hey RKSK

You Don't need to find wasting your MBs of your Mobile Internet Connection :D

I have an Adsense account with 6$. I made it with 100% real Info and Google send money to SRILANKA.

I have heard some people in Here who have earned from Adsense.

Adsense sends Money to SRILANKA No doubt. They haven't bann SL yet. But reduced giving Adsense accounts. I made my Account 2 Years ago so didn't have any Problem with getting it.

Now According to my knowledge you need at least 6 months old web site or a blog(I am not sure about the blog) with Good Traffic if not they reject your Application.
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:15 pm

Okay, So we have a trustworthy member who confirmed that AdSense sends money to Sri Lanka. I think it is worth to give a try (Only after A/Ls).
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:09 pm

Thanks :) And Mark Neo's Words He always Right(I mean A/L :) )

Return to “Project Assistance”