Solar Power for Homes

Technical assistance & information for projects
Herath
Major
Major

Solar Power for Homes

Post by Herath » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:26 pm

We have sun light for the most of the parts of the year. I am just thinking about experimenting with running on solar power when I have the right budget. :)
So what do you think of using it as an alternative power source to run things like LED lightings, PC and other day-to-day low power devices.

Investing on Solar power seems to be expensive, but after that sun light is free. :D

Buying an Inverter, storage batteries, charging controller and panels seems to a bit expensive on the negative side. One might not have to buy the best at the beginning. We can get upgrades down the road.

Have lot of sun shine!. Thanks
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Solar Power for Homes

Post by Neo » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:46 pm

I have also considered this dome time back. As you said, the financial gaining is very less in long term due to high investment and limited life time of solar cells. However there is something new coming in quite recently.

Have you see this one? Green Energy no more a dream.
They say $3000 to power an entire house? If we can follow this, I guess we can get some more valuable information.

When this is introduced to the market, I guess the prices of solar panels will rapidly decrease and then we might be able to buy one or two panels to light up 3 - 4 bulbs at nights :)

Return to “Project Assistance”