DCP 650VA UPS circuit

Technical assistance & information for projects
Nipuna

DCP 650VA UPS circuit

Post by Nipuna » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:15 am

Please Give me DCP 650VA UPS circuit. I tried Google But couldn't find.

Thanks
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: DCP 650VA UPS circuit

Post by Neo » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:43 pm

I don't think you'll be able to find the circuit diagram.

However you may try following options.
  1. Replace the batteries (80% of cases are due to low battery power)
  2. Check the bridge diodes (There are 4 of them)
  3. Check the relays (This is not easy)
  4. Check the Power FETs
If this is not the case, then it may be cost effective to buy a new one.
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Sat May 01, 2010 8:53 am

Neo wrote:I don't think you'll be able to find the circuit diagram.

However you may try following options.
  1. Replace the batteries (80% of cases are due to low battery power)
  2. Check the bridge diodes (There are 4 of them)
  3. Check the relays (This is not easy)
  4. Check the Power FETs
If this is not the case, then it may be cost effective to buy a new one.
Battery Is Fully Charged
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Sat May 01, 2010 10:44 pm

Even if never taken out of the original package, disposable (or "primary") batteries can lose 8 to 20 percent of their original charge every year at a temperature of about 20°–30°C. This is known as the "self discharge" rate and is due to non-current-producing "side" chemical reactions, which occur within the cell even if no load is applied to it. The rate of the side reactions is reduced if the batteries are stored at low temperature, although some batteries can be damaged by freezing. High or low temperatures may reduce battery performance. This will affect the initial voltage of the battery.

So if your battery is older than 1 or 2 years, though it shows you full voltage it might not be capable to sustain enough power. If you have a battery metre you can check this. At home, you can connect a 12V bulb and see how long the battery can provide power without dimming the bulb.
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Sun May 02, 2010 11:55 am

I checked the Battery it's good.
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Sun May 02, 2010 5:39 pm

Answer the following questions.
  1. How old is the battery?
  2. How did you check it?
  3. Did you check the fuse?
  4. Did you check the bridge-rectifier?
  5. When you power on the unit with batteries, explain the behaviour of the UPS (including beeps, relay pick-ups, etc...)
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Mon May 03, 2010 9:31 am

1. 2 years

2. With Multimeter

3.yes

4. still no

5. Beeps then Red LED and Yellow LED Light Then Turn off. I can hear Relays' Sound that is "Tick". When I connect UPS to AC current Same thing happens and Relays sound Than before.
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Mon May 03, 2010 1:07 pm

1. 2 years
UPS batteries must be replaced after 1 year. But 2 years is okay. So I think battery must be weak.
2. With Multimeter
I'm sometimes thinking why I write such details in my post where users do not read them all and keep asking the same question. You can't check the power sustainability of a battery with a multimeter. Even the most weakest battery will show 12V on a multimeter after being charged. Read my above post on how to check your battery without a battery meter.
Do not argue the battery is good without checking it in a proper way.
3.yes
good
4. still no
okay
5. Beeps then Red LED and Yellow LED Light Then Turn off. I can hear Relays' Sound that is "Tick". When I connect UPS to AC current Same thing happens and Relays sound Than before.
I'll tell you what. Your UPS seems fine to me. Just battery doesn't have enough power. Again I'm telling you, this is not about the voltage, it is about power sustainability of the battery. When the step-up draws power from the battery, weak batteries will die instantaneously so nothing will happen after that. If the LEDs are blinking and you can hear beeps correctly, then I'm 90% sure it is the batteries.
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Mon May 03, 2010 5:05 pm

I'll tell you what. Your UPS seems fine to me. Just battery doesn't have enough power. Again I'm telling you, this is not about the voltage, it is about power sustainability of the battery. When the step-up draws power from the battery, weak batteries will die instantaneously so nothing will happen after that. If the LEDs are blinking and you can hear beeps correctly, then I'm 90% sure it is the batteries.
But NEO,

My UPS worked very well Before the Error come. This is why I'm saying that because, I charged my UPS i think may be 6 hours. Then at night I Turned it off and went to sleep. Then the next day i Turned on the UPS then this Error came.

Sorry If I troubling you

Thanks for these Big helps.
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Mon May 03, 2010 5:43 pm

No not troubling to me at all. Just wanted you to check the battery. In my experience with UPSs for about 15 years, mostly if it beeps and LED indicators are working at the times of switch on, it's the batteries. I also had few times that I believed the batteries are okay. But after placing the batteries, the units started to work.

Batteries are like that. When it comes to final stages, you will notice it is not working instantly. But it was degrading for a long time.

So, connect a 12V bulb to your battery and see how long it can retain power without dimming the bulb. Tell me this, so we can move on to next stage of diagnosing.

Magneto is back from a long vacation and he will join with us from here. :mrgreen:

Return to “Project Assistance”