DCP 650VA UPS circuit

Technical assistance & information for projects
Nipuna

Re: DCP 650VA UPS circuit

Post by Nipuna » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:21 am

Herath1 wrote:
Nipuna wrote:Hey Gays Here is my Story
:D It's not gays, it's guys. Never mind though, considering it as just a mistake.

Do you remember the component ID of the transistor. It should be something starting with Q.

After I replaced the battery of the unit. it started to work. I did not buy a battery yet. I am gonna buy one in next month. If it's just a transistor i can swap that with the beep driver transistor since I don't want that beep. I already removed the buzzer and replaced that with a LED. :D
Thanks for the Correction.
The transistor is the problem it's not for buzzer it was cause for the whole problem.
When you Buying a battery buy it from pettah. I got my battery from there and it was only 1000 Rs.
Herath
Major
Major

Post by Herath » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:01 pm

I replaced the buzzer with an LED because I don't want it to beep in the middle of the night while others are sleeping. :mrgreen: . So i don't need the S8050 next to the buzzer, I can use it for another place if I could find the defective transistor.

Anyway, I should change the battery. The damn thing does not even charge.
How about the quality of the battery you bought from pettah?. Is it holding up?.I heard that they don't last more than six months. :D
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:49 pm

Herath1 wrote:I replaced the buzzer with an LED because I don't want it to beep in the middle of the night while others are sleeping. :mrgreen: . So i don't need the S8050 next to the buzzer, I can use it for another place if I could find the defective transistor.

Anyway, I should change the battery. The damn thing does not even charge.
How about the quality of the battery you bought from pettah?. Is it holding up?.I heard that they don't last more than six months. :D
It's working fine for now. I don't know about the future.

The Transistor isn't the one that near buzzer. There are more c8050 transistors, this one is between those two ics.
Herath
Major
Major

Post by Herath » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:56 pm

I replaced the battery of the UPS and the got the unit working again. It has been working perfectly and seems to handle things like before.
I haven't connected my massive CRT to the UPS. UPS did not work properly due to heavy power requirements of the monitor(When switching to backup).
This thread has been a lot of help. :)
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:15 pm

I am very happy because my thread helped some body
Nimalkad
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Nimalkad » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:27 am

I'm also having some problems with my UPS. It can't provide backup support when there is a sudden mains power outage- it simply trips. However, it does nicely supply backup power when I myself disconnect mains from mains switch. So my UPS is somehow working to some degree though the purpose in having a UPS is lost.I have accidentally found out that the AC wall plug carries AC voltage when it ( the plug) is removed from the AC wall socket when the UPS is on. I think when there is a power blackout my UPS is trying to feed the grid.So this may be cause for the UPS to trip. I'm not aware whether AC voltage in AC plug is normal for all well- behaved UPSs. Any comments and a possible remedy to the problem please.

Also, fed up with the poor quality of the UPS batteries available in the market, I am using a car battery placed outside the UPS case as backup power source. A friend warned me the chemical corrosion of the battery chemicals will eat thorough the battery leads into the UPS circuitry and will eventually ruin it. Can it be true?
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:20 am

My UPS out puts Power When there is no power Via the UPS's Power Supply Wire. I Shocked electric charge form that Wire :D

But My UPS works well it doesn't Trip.

But Some times my UPS doesn't Switch to AC current. It automatically switch to Battery Power when Power is Available. Some times it bit late to switch to AC current.

About the Circuit Question, According to my Knowledge, there Could be Damages because Bicycle batteries' Have More Amperes.

I am Telling All Guys Don't Buy DCP UPSes They are Not Good Products.

Thanks
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:08 pm

Hello Friends

I have a New Problem Now for 2 Months I think,

It is,

My UPS is Working well when Power Goes.

But If Power Dim UPS is still Switching to the Battery but my Computer Restarts, It is happening almost all the Time.

But works well if there is a Power Failure.

Can anyone Help Me to Solve this?

Thanks
Herath
Major
Major

Post by Herath » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:58 am

its a feature of this ups. :D
reliability of these chinese products are very low,because they have reduced the cost by using technology from 1990s so they can sell the unit for dirty cheap.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Saman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saman » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:21 pm

As Herath clearly stated, cheap is not always good. I agree with that. I'm also tired with these cheap crap products and I have seen the value in expensive but long lasting products.

According to my memory, UPSs have a little time delay (about 50 milliseconds) to pick up power from batteries in a power failure. It is possible for the semiconductors like transistors to be on the bias limit which can produce such results.

You could try replacing those components in the switching section but it could be difficult for a novice.

Return to “Project Assistance”