How to subscribe to ExpertCore.ORG posts via SMS

Latest information about ExpertCore
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

How to subscribe to ROBOT.LK posts via SMS

Post by Neo » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:43 pm

Though This feature was there for many years now, it seems like most of you guys don't know about it. Here is a detailed description on how to subscribe to our posts via SMS.
  1. Subscribe to our Facebook fanpage.
  2. On the lest-hand side menu bar, click on Subscribe via SMS as in following image.
    fbfp.PNG
    fbfp.PNG (35.3 KiB) Viewed 12918 times
  3. Enjoy!
We deliver all our new posts via RSS to FB fanpage every 3 hours.
Rksk
Major
Major

Re: How to subscribe to ROBOT.LK posts via SMS

Post by Rksk » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:46 pm

I tried it long ago. But i haven't recived at least one SMS. Also facebook sms is too slow with Mobitel & Dialog. Sometimes it gets 2-3days to deliver fb sms. So i don't care about fb sms.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Rasanja
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Rasanja » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:02 pm

Though This feature was there for many years now, it seems like most of you guys don't know about it. Here is a detailed description on how to subscribe to our posts via SMS.
well i asked subscribe directly to the forum , we can't reply back through txts i think , however ...you do post all the stuff in the page as soon as possible though , so thats good enough to me :D :D
I tried it long ago. But i haven't recived at least one SMS. Also facebook sms is too slow with Mobitel & Dialog. Sometimes it gets 2-3days to deliver fb sms. So i don't care about fb sms.
ehm , NO Im subscribed to my own facebook profile , and i get txts in about 1-2minutes , check with your service provider ...Im using Dialog by the way , its comparatively faster than the other networks ;)
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:20 pm

ehm , NO Im subscribed to my own facebook profile , and i get txts in about 1-2minutes , check with your service provider ...Im using Dialog by the way , its comparatively faster than the other networks ;)
It's my case too. I also use Dialog ;)

Here is another solution.
See How to get email alerts on Dialog, Mobitel & Etisalat phones.

I checked this setup myself for fun. All ROBOT.LK alerts came almost instantly :yahoo:
Rksk
Major
Major

Post by Rksk » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:28 pm

Rasanja wrote:ehm , NO Im subscribed to my own facebook profile , and i get txts in about 1-2minutes , check with your service provider ...Im using Dialog by the way , its comparatively faster than the other networks ;)
I tried dialog only 2-3times. It didn't work for me.

Anyway now I hate both of them [Dialog & Mobitel]. Because they only serve only for milionnars!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Rasanja
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Rasanja » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:31 pm

Anyway now I hate both of them [Dialog & Mobitel]. Because they only serve only for milionnars!
hehehe well thats your choice , your phone your sim ;) Im just saying that it works
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:47 pm

Rasanja wrote:
hehehe well thats your choice , your phone your sim ;) Im just saying that it works
Dialog and Etisalat rates are quite cheep these days. Dialog Rs. 300 per second package is very convenient. Etisalat even have a 0 rental post paid package.

Etisalat customer service is simply superb. Dialog customer service was once not satisfactory but after the great personalised service given by Etisalat, they also had to change I think.
Rasanja
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Rasanja » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:02 pm

Dialog and Etisalat rates are quite cheep these days. Dialog Rs. 300 per second package is very convenient. Etisalat even have a 0 rental post paid package.
I dont know much about the packages , but its just 0.31 cents per txt as i know ... lol cheers :laughing:
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:07 pm

I dont know much about the packages , but its just 0.31 cents per txt as i know ... lol cheers :laughing:
That's for normal TXT. Keep noted that with Dialog and Etisalat email to SMS rate is Rs. 1 + Taxes.

Say we have about 20 posts per day. That is 600 posts per month. So it will be Rs. 600 + Taxes per month.

However Facebook delivers messages directly to your mobile phone. So it is 100% free.
Face
Major
Major

Post by Face » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:20 pm

I am using mobitel & Activated facebook mobile.I have set of friends that I need notifications with SMS.It is fine & working well.I get my friends requests, tagging ,My friends comments on my status , etc.

But NEO I have subscribed Expertcore fanpage.I didn't get any single SMS alert with me.I think they are talking about status updating in the page.
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (7.92 KiB) Viewed 12880 times
I am happy with mobitel service that I get :) Because I got many contacts with Mobitel.But I have used a Dialog connection before this.Nothing to argue they are the best :P .with etisalat I have that post paid package with out rental(Credit limit 1500Rs ).they are also not bad with pricing.But I hope to continue with my Mobitel.Sooner I will get that 300Rs Dialog SIM for additional use.

Return to “News & Announcements”