Dialog 4G LTE Review

Recommend, complain or review vendors, products, brands, etc...
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dialog 4G LTE Review

Post by Neo » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:58 pm

About 2 months back I bought a Dialog 4G LTE connection and I'm very happy about it.

SemiconductorCat
Major
Major

Re: Dialog 4G LTE Review

Post by SemiconductorCat » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:26 am

The problem is the price per a gigabyte.
Because due to the competition it most of the ISP's will keep their price with very low
profit margin for a one gigabyte.

If they are giving 25GB for 1400/- then 1GB is around 50/-Rs.
For hutch it's 198/-Rs which is insane.

I think new technology have power efficient basestations should ISP's could introduce that
competition prices.

After the SLT wired lines, this is the cheapest per one gigabyte.
Herath
Major
Major

Post by Herath » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:55 pm

Speed looks good. :)
Do they offer prepaid?. The last time I checked, no one was offering prepaid LTE packages. And I know that there is no point in offering prepaid LTE :D.
I am looking for a connection that will give me the best bang for the buck. Postpaid is not an option since I do not have any disposable income and I do not want bills piling up when I do not need the mobile connection at home.
SemiconductorCat wrote:
For hutch it's 198/-Rs which is insane.
That 198LKR is for 1GB of data and 40LKR talk time. The thing is,unlike Mobitel, Hutch is offering you 40LKR in account credit which will have a net effect of only deducting 158LKR for 1GB of data.

--- Edit
I just found out that the connection is fixed. In fixed case, nothing can can replace the wires yet for me. :)
SemiconductorCat
Major
Major

Post by SemiconductorCat » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:22 pm

Do they offer prepaid?. The last time I checked, no one was offering prepaid LTE packages. And I know that there is no point in offering prepaid LTE :D.
why is that? Due to government tax?
It worth 158LKR +tax for 1GB ? But SLT fixed lines give more less.

Does anybody have a rough idea about the cost of maintaining a LTE basestation per a tower ?
So we could assume how much they are keeping as their profit margin.

When airtel announces, we taught that internet prices would go less than this even.
For everybody it's not the speed isn't it? it's all about price per a one gigabyte right?
Herath
Major
Major

Post by Herath » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:46 pm

With the speed of LTE, operators will have to offer larger data bundles. At least around 5GB minimum i guess. And even that 5GB won't be enough unless windows updates and other software updates are turned off or manually done, and data wastage by video advertisements in most web sites and of course the background music play of most of the Sri Lankan noob designed web sites, stupid flash etc and the list goes on. I hope that you get the point.
->Prepaid customers won't be up to paying high money for a large data bundles.
And it looks like dialog is trying to pick some SLT customers by offering that 1400LKR LTE package.

Mobile broadband is not my primary. I hate mobile internet connections and any sort of wireless connection. They are convenient but still they are very lousy for me. Not as responsive as SLT BB. I am only using mobile BB when I am away from home and these days mostly I am.

SLT has the lowest cost per GB. The best deal. No arguments about that.

For me it is not only about groundbreaking download speeds when it comes to internet, the data bundle should be also sufficient. So, anyone who has the best of both will get my money. :)
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:48 pm

Few facts to add to the discussion.

Dialog 4G LTE is not actually from Dialog. It is from Suntel. Honestly speaking, I have very good expereince with Suntel. It is a company that helps to shape the customer service for telephone operators in Sri Lanka. There was a time that SLT was dominating the field and I remember how harsh they treated the customers especially me who was in a very young age. I then decided to buy a Suntel line (I was among the first set of customers those days) and I came to know how customer service should be in a company from them. That type of high quality service had been given to me. Later on I came to know that due to competition they couldn't service with private users so they started to aim mostly at corporate customers.

When Dialog and Mobitel announced on their 4G LTE packages, I came to know that the Dialog one is far more better than Mobitel in terms of technology used. So I went with them. I knew that Dialog customer service isn't that good anyway. However, for an online billing issue, I called them and came to know the full story from an agent. According to him, the who engineering part is done and maintained by Suntel. Only the billing, customer service and advertising part is done Dialog.

So in conclusion, Dialog 4G LTE = Suntel

I have used Mobitel 3G broadband and the quality was very good. However I do have to tell you that Mobitel customer service is the worst I have ever seen in this country. I think it should be 100% privatised and left out to competition ;)

Airtel 3G Broadband, I used this too. I highly advised to stay away from this completely. Worst technology + worst customer service.
SLT has the lowest cost per GB
This is not true.

Entree 1.5GB Rs. 499, Rs. 332 per GB
Web Starter 5GB Rs. 740, Rs. 148 per GB
Web Pal 8GB Rs. 999, Rs. 124 per GB
Web Family 20GB Rs. 1490, Rs. 74 per GB
Web Family 25GB Rs. 2690, Rs. 107 per GB
Web Family 35GB Rs. 4890, Rs. 140 per GB
* I'm not going to mentioned the free GB they have mentioned which I think is an effort to trick the innocent people of this country. One of the worst strategies I have seen from a fully government owned company.

Here comes the Dialog 4G LTE rates.
Lite 25GB Rs. 1490, Rs. 60 per GB
Ultra 60GB Rs. 3900, Rs. 65 per GB

I think you are clear on the fact now. As far as I know, Dialog 4G LTE is the most convenient and cost effective internet package in Sri Lanka. I'm very happy about the performance of the line quality. However if an official is seeing this post, I would like to ask them to further decrease the router fee. If they can do this, I'm sure they will be able to kick SLT off the race. As said about Mobitel, SLT must be 100% privatised and let to compete with the private sector. This has become a white elephant to the country. At least the Billing and customer service must be privatised. Otherwise even thought it is government owned, it will never do anything useful for the people of our country.
Herath
Major
Major

Post by Herath » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:25 pm

My 1490LKR web family slows down only after about 27GB of total usage. It is not strictly 25GB. Could be due to the inability of accounting for the data usage of an ongoing connection. That off peak and peak limits of data use is still not in effect and one of my friends has got this confirmed by SLT. It is just as a precaution as for those SLT people. It is good that there are such conditions since people used to abuse those 512kbps internet connections.

And for the customer service, I do not know about them. I haven't had a chance to deal with them. There were about 4,5 instances that I had to report line problems to SLT but they always sent down people to fix the stuff. Haven't had any issues with those people either.

When it comes to mobile telephone and internet, I only use prepaid. So, there is no any customer care contact at all.

And I am not saying that these companies are great. Every company is evil in the end since it is all about business and money, nothing else.
SemiconductorCat
Major
Major

Post by SemiconductorCat » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:00 am

So so it's all about not about the base station energy efficiency to the most extent.
But it's the fact since they have higher data rates they expires that data bundle so
quickly , because they know the usage pattern of users.So very lower number channels
on each bastation is needed , and sometimes basestations are ideal. So that's the point
right?

So how about a dialog 4GB prepaid pack per 250/-Rs ?
It's possible then. I mean technologically possible.
Do not need any postpaid options at all. If so and unless
the government tax thing, I would prefer prepaid always.

>> As said about Mobitel, SLT must be 100% privatised and let to compete with the private sector.

sure! "Private property ownership" is a one of three concepts of capitalism.

>> Every company is evil in the end since it is all about business and money, nothing else.

company is all about making profit. We respect their right to earn profit. The answer to this is braking
monopoly using the competition. Ask from any capitalist and he will explain to you such clearly.
Capitalism is not slavery or it's evil.

But true capitalism is not in Sri Lanka , it's dominated by the government politics. Once AIrtel have requested
from the government to reduce their prices, government did not allow it. And that wimax frequency selling thing
to SLT. Everybody know this I think. If these things happened in a true capitalized country like US,Japan they were
send home already before we make posts here.

And talking about dialog, they have good technological facilities,but people are lazy when it comes to competition.
I could remind once I told them to just make an Android app for the customers to see their billing up to date. Then
their manager told me, "it's very complicated" "it's not worth". So many excuses instead of "how to".

But dialog had done lots to the country, we should agree on it. For a example free digital television broadcasting
as I heard. They have innovative ideas, but very slowly and very lazily.

And I'm completely agreeing with NEO on capitalizing and privatizing thing.That's what will make competitive
prices and good quality service and products to customers.
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:01 am

Latest results from Dialog 4G LTE as of today.

Notice the statement (Faster than 90% of LK). This is important.
Rksk
Major
Major

Post by Rksk » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:38 pm

Neo wrote: Notice the statement (Faster than 90% of LK). This is important.
A small question, what about 10% people who has faster internet than this? Who is their ISP :?

Return to “????????? ???????? (Recommend - Complain - Review)”