Unity Plaza, Sinhalase Buddhists and Muslims

Recommend, complain or review vendors, products, brands, etc...
Sanjeev
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unity Plaza, Sinhalase Buddhists and Muslims

Post by Sanjeev » Thu May 17, 2012 3:09 pm

This is a true story and my personal experience.

I once went to Singapore to buy few PCs for the company I worked at that time. With me, owner of a popular computer retail company in Sri Lanka was going on the same plane. I knew him for sometime and he insisted me to go with him so he will help me to buy the parts I want. Since I know the subject, it wasn't a big problem.

Everybody knows buying from Sim Lim Square is expensive so we went to meet a mass scale motherboard vendor. The place looked like a huge junk yard and nobody can easily figure out they have most modern PC accessories inside ;)

Me met the guy and he is too busy with business and we asked about motherboards. There were 5 products. Gigabyte, MSI, Foxconn, Intel, etc... and prices were like 3750, 4500, 5750, 8000, 10000. Since I needed best quality, I bought 10 boards from 10,000 stock.

The guy who went with me (he is a big businessman) bought 1000 from 3750 and like 100 each form 4500 and 5750. The vendor clearly stated 3750 is the cheapest quality and he is not recommending that. He explained the features on other models especially on the high end ones. But he needed to buy it. He stated, "In Sri Lanka people don't think of quality, only money so we need to buy what we can sell". I didn't agree with this statement. I told him, "people of Sri Lanka still lacks knowledge in IT related stuff. You need to convince what is best, etc...). He never wanted to agree, he just laughed at me.

We both went back together the next day (his items were shipped on a container with some other items). After about a month I was visiting Unity Plaza and went to one of his shops and ask about motherboards. Believe me, he is selling that 3750 motherboard for 8000, 4500 one for 9,000 and 5750 one for Rs. 11,000. Can you believe this? This is the reality. This is what these people are doing. Buying the cheapest quality items and selling for a high price stating the features of high end products. They don't have any technical knowledge. I highly recommend those sellers in unit plaza to employee engineers for the purchasing. So at least they will understand what are these features, etc...

Here comes the worst part.... I visited Singapore few times to buy more stuff and the vendor became a good fiend of mine. I used stay with his family when I'm there and even if I go now, they want me to come there, do meditation together, etc... One day after dinner, we were having a nice discussion and he said "I need to tell you something".. I said "anything at all". He said "don't get upset after hearing this". I said "no..you know me.. I rarely get upset". He said he was asked by that Sri Lankan PC accessory seller to keep a margin from what I buy from him. He said, he told him that I'm a Sinhala Buddhist and they are harassing a lot for non-Buddhists so it is a must to keep a margin from what I buy to fail any attempt made by me to import accessories in mass scale to Sri Lanka. The Sri Lankan vendor is a Muslim and the Singaporean is a Chinese Buddhist though he is having a christian name (it is usual in China/Singapore/Hong Kong). The Singaporean was stating that that he has no religion (that's for business purposes) but he is a devoted Chinese Buddhist. The vendor said he never did that to me, he only kept a margin on the first day since that person wanted money from what I have paid. This is how Muslim people are treating us. Though we talk about friendship and live in harmony, their intentions are completely against us.

Currently in Unity Plaza, all the people in business are just the people who took loans from banks and doing buying and selling. They earn like that. Anybody can do this. But the damage they do to this country is far more greater than that. According to my knowledge, almost all people are unsatisfied with this Unity Plaza business. Everybody knows they sell cheap crap. But there is no alternative. However as a Sinhalese person who doesn't like ot invest on destroying Sinhalese Buddhists in this country, I'm trying my best to stay away as much as possible from Muslim shops.

We buy from Muslims, invest on them, they produce population and at the end we blame they are making lot of children..bla bla bla... Sinhalese Buddhist must aware of the situation and no matter how much, if there is a Sinhalese shop buy from there. Don't think about few rupees you have to pay more. Do not invest to suicide ourselves.

I'm telling all these with lot of experience. I know what these foolish Muslims are trying to do. They will receive the right punishment when time is ready. They will never fulfill their dirty ideas to convert Sri Lanka to be the next Muslim state.
Herath
Major
Major

Re: Unity Plaza, Sinhalase Buddhists and Muslims

Post by Herath » Thu May 17, 2012 9:39 pm

Interesting, but as far as I know we do not have any good sinhalese shops around to buy from. I did stop going to NoLimit and F-bug but not sure if I can do that with PC stuff. I usually buy small accessories from ebay but not things like processors,motherboards or graphic cards.

Sinhalese rich people should stop saving in the bank accounts in millions and try to invest on something. And it is really sad that most of the Sri Lankan engineers are not different from mechanics at a workshop. Why the hell do we want engineers just to "run" things. We need 'em to build things and design things. I haven't heard that building a motherboard requires casting of spells. (it might not be feasible, but at least we are going to have some factories here).

Don't know where to buy computer stuff. Everyone can't catch a flight to Singapore whenever they want to buy someting. :)
Sanjeev
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Sanjeev » Thu May 17, 2012 9:52 pm

Current list is Tulip and Sala Enterprises. I found Sala is doing very good in the competition where as Tulip (Mr. Charles Thilakasiri) is not much in the competition due prices being a bit high. I know he can do better with his experience but he earned enough and don't want to think as a nation. But better to pay him a bit more rather than investing to destroy ourselves.
Herath
Major
Major

Post by Herath » Thu May 17, 2012 10:01 pm

Thanks for confirming about Tulip. I bought a graphic card from them and bought parts for a friend's build too. But the last time I went there to buy a graphic card, they did not have anything from mid range(no high end at all). Only had an opened Zotac GTX460 which looked pretty beaten up. So, I ended up buying the card from TechZone. These people need to understand that there are some niche markets too that they need to cater.

And thank you for sharing the story with us. :)
SemiconductorCat
Major
Major

Post by SemiconductorCat » Thu May 17, 2012 10:03 pm

Everybody knows that refurbished products are cheaper than the real products [with warranty].

Even they got the warranty, it's not ethical to sell refurbished products at the same price of
class A products.

I suggest everybody to write to the original company's customer care with serial number in the BIOS
mentioned , to clarify whether they are selling refurbished products at the new products price.

If we buying refurbished products , then there should be a warranty period at least 2-years. and also
that price reduction.

Return to “????????? ???????? (Recommend - Complain - Review)”