How to buy from Ebay

Recommend, complain or review vendors, products, brands, etc...
Herath
Major
Major

Re: How to buy from Ebay

Post by Herath » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:46 pm

It is not just tax for the phones. If you do not know anyone from the customs department, it is going to be a pain. :D
You will need the approval from the TRC and the Import and Export Control Department. If you are lucky, and know how to play someone, you can try to fool them by just saying that it is a gaming device or something(new touchscreen devices only :p) . And broken devices does not need a permit from TRC(according to a friend who bought a cracked screen SGS).

One of my friends has got the job done through the methods I have stated. But it is risky to fool with the customs officers!. They have been nice with me, haven't had any trouble (other than having to tolerate their laziness). The tax for the items seems to be about 10%.
Nipuna

Re: How to buy from Ebay

Post by Nipuna » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:19 am

Herath wrote:It is not just tax for the phones. If you do not know anyone from the customs department, it is going to be a pain. :D
You will need the approval from the TRC and the Import and Export Control Department. If you are lucky, and know how to play someone, you can try to fool them by just saying that it is a gaming device or something(new touchscreen devices only :p) . And broken devices does not need a permit from TRC(according to a friend who bought a cracked screen SGS).

One of my friends has got the job done through the methods I have stated. But it is risky to fool with the customs officers!. They have been nice with me, haven't had any trouble (other than having to tolerate their laziness). The tax for the items seems to be about 10%.
Yeah man, I have heard about this too ;) But didn't tell here because I haven't experienced :)

Return to “????????? ???????? (Recommend - Complain - Review)”